DoubleD
Black Carver

NHL Cancells Season - Does Anyone Care?

Post by DoubleD »

Does anyone care?
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

I care. I love the game...especially the playoffs. Not many people do though. This seems like a huge mistake by both sides.

It will be tough to continue to care. We'll have to see how long they drag out the stupidity.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

For some reason I was only really into hockey when the Islanders were winning their Cups. After that I lost interest again. Too bad, because Nassau Coliseum is 5 minutes from me.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Re: NHL Cancells Season - Does Anyone Care?

Post by BigKahuna13 »

DoubleD wrote:Does anyone care?
No. I've never had any interest in hockey, or basketball for that matter.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

DoubleD
Black Carver

Post by DoubleD »

SkiDork wrote:For some reason I was only really into hockey when the Islanders were winning their Cups. After that I lost interest again. Too bad, because Nassau Coliseum is 5 minutes from me.
Hmmmmm. Sounds like a typical fraud NY sports fan. I like them when they're winning, I don't when they're losing.

Very interesting. Not inviting a flame in the sports category. No offense intended, merely editorializing on the state of New Yorkers sports mentality, or lack thereof.
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

DoubleD wrote:
SkiDork wrote:For some reason I was only really into hockey when the Islanders were winning their Cups. After that I lost interest again. Too bad, because Nassau Coliseum is 5 minutes from me.
Hmmmmm. Sounds like a typical fraud NY sports fan. I like them when they're winning, I don't when they're losing.

Very interesting. Not inviting a flame in the sports category. No offense intended, merely editorializing on the state of New Yorkers sports mentality, or lack thereof.
That happens everywhere, not just New York.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Early in what would have been the season I missed it. However, out of sight - out mind, and I really don't miss it any longer. I'm in the don't care at this point category. Even if they'd settled today the season from here to the end would've been a joke anyhow.

Personally, in this case I think both sides are nuts. They've got a sport that has limited interest and they can't figure out how to play nice together and make things work for the interest of all? A pox on both their houses....
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

I used to love watching Hockey and rooted for the Bruins, or anyone that beat Montreal.

NOW? the season is way too long and the cry babies suck. I normally say the season can't end soon enough, with the playoffs going into June. Well, I got my wish, the season ended soon enough, back in September !
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Nope
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

DoubleD wrote:

The thing is, I didn't switch allegiances. I didn't suddenly become a Range fan in 94 or anything. Plus I rooted for the home team.

Never said I "didn't like them" Just said I lost interest in the sport in general. Was never really a big Hockey fan, kinda just got swept up in Islander fever back in 80 - 83.

I really only have the energy to follow football fanatically. I love the Jets no matter what. Always have.

The rest of the year, I'll follow the other sports if I happen to turn on ESPN or something. But I'm only a football man as a fanatic. Thats just me. To each his own.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Slap Shot
Blue Chatterbox

ESPN

Post by Slap Shot »

I don't miss the NHL. The ticket prices got to be too steep, so I've been going to AHL games for the past few seasons.

As for watching the NHL playoffs on television, I won't miss it because I'll find other things to do with myself.

-- Slap Shot
TrailRider
Blue Chatterbox

Post by TrailRider »

I didn't notice it gone until the season was cancelled.