Meghan McCain in Playboy Interview

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Bubba
Site Admin

Meghan McCain in Playboy Interview

Post by Bubba »

Sen. John McCain's daughter Meghan did a Playboy interview in which she's apparently quite open about her life.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/meg ... 36730.html
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Re: Meghan McCain in Playboy Interview

Post by skifaster »

"strickly dickly"....
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

skifaster wrote:"strickly dickly"....

You or her?
ImageImageImageImage
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

RACK it!
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

skiersleft wrote:RACK it!

╔═══╦═══╦═══╦╗╔═╗╔══╦════╦╗
║╔═╗║╔═╗║╔═╗║║║╔╝╚╣╠╣╔╗╔╗║║
║╚═╝║║─║║║─╚╣╚╝╝──║║╚╝║║╚╣║
║╔╗╔╣╚═╝║║─╔╣╔╗║──║║──║║─╚╝
║║║╚╣╔═╗║╚═╝║║║╚╗╔╣╠╗─║║─╔╗
╚╝╚═╩╝─╚╩═══╩╝╚═╝╚══╝─╚╝─╚╝
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

Stormchaser wrote:
skifaster wrote:"strickly dickly"....

You or her?
Ask your wife...
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Women touching another women can only be a good thing, on the way to being great, hey but that's just me.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

That little attention whores time is up. Little Miss Piggy found she can get lots of media attention if she complains about the republican party and argues if only the republicans held all the policy positions progressive democrats hold then they would me more appealing to "moderates". Maybe the liberal media can build her up into another Ron Reagan Jr. When your position no longer fits the medias narrative they toss you out...just ask Cindy Sheehan who no longer can get the time of day..and what ever happened to all that Guantanamo Bay outrage or the use of drone strikes which has increased exponentially.....oh yeah the medias guy won so those issues have gone away. What about the daily media stories of huge deficits and how bad they are that used to occur under Bush or the stories about high gas prices in your face every day. How about all those unemployment stories and bad economy talk under Bush that went on all the time BEFORE the economy actually tanked. Those stories are still there and reported on just not in the major media who if they do report on them is only to defend Obama..ie: high gas prices are not Obamas fault stories running constantly...they left that defense out for Bush when prices were high. If you believe what she claims to believe then you would be a democrat. People used to complain for years that there was no visible difference in the 2 political parties but now when those differences are highlighted and lead to competing arguments people (media/ popular culture) call for and end to all the "divisiveness" and cry for unity. Its yin and yang and the ideological differences in approaches to humanities condition are not going away cause little miss piggy wants her 15 mins...which are way up by now.
tellitlikeitis
Bumper

Post by tellitlikeitis »

GSKI wrote:That little attention whores time is up. Little Miss Piggy found she can get lots of media attention if she complains about the republican party and argues if only the republicans held all the policy positions progressive democrats hold then they would me more appealing to "moderates". Maybe the liberal media can build her up into another Ron Reagan Jr. When your position no longer fits the medias narrative they toss you out...just ask Cindy Sheehan who no longer can get the time of day..and what ever happened to all that Guantanamo Bay outrage or the use of drone strikes which has increased exponentially.....oh yeah the medias guy won so those issues have gone away. What about the daily media stories of huge deficits and how bad they are that used to occur under Bush or the stories about high gas prices in your face every day. How about all those unemployment stories and bad economy talk under Bush that went on all the time BEFORE the economy actually tanked. Those stories are still there and reported on just not in the major media who if they do report on them is only to defend Obama..ie: high gas prices are not Obamas fault stories running constantly...they left that defense out for Bush when prices were high. If you believe what she claims to believe then you would be a democrat. People used to complain for years that there was no visible difference in the 2 political parties but now when those differences are highlighted and lead to competing arguments people (media/ popular culture) call for and end to all the "divisiveness" and cry for unity. Its yin and yang and the ideological differences in approaches to humanities condition are not going away cause little miss piggy wants her 15 mins...which are way up by now.

that is simply the best post i have ever read on this site gski....nice job!!! she is truly one of the most phony public figures to roll out in a long time
skiersleft
Powderhound

Post by skiersleft »

tellitlikeitis wrote:
GSKI wrote:That little attention whores time is up. Little Miss Piggy found she can get lots of media attention if she complains about the republican party and argues if only the republicans held all the policy positions progressive democrats hold then they would me more appealing to "moderates". Maybe the liberal media can build her up into another Ron Reagan Jr. When your position no longer fits the medias narrative they toss you out...just ask Cindy Sheehan who no longer can get the time of day..and what ever happened to all that Guantanamo Bay outrage or the use of drone strikes which has increased exponentially.....oh yeah the medias guy won so those issues have gone away. What about the daily media stories of huge deficits and how bad they are that used to occur under Bush or the stories about high gas prices in your face every day. How about all those unemployment stories and bad economy talk under Bush that went on all the time BEFORE the economy actually tanked. Those stories are still there and reported on just not in the major media who if they do report on them is only to defend Obama..ie: high gas prices are not Obamas fault stories running constantly...they left that defense out for Bush when prices were high. If you believe what she claims to believe then you would be a democrat. People used to complain for years that there was no visible difference in the 2 political parties but now when those differences are highlighted and lead to competing arguments people (media/ popular culture) call for and end to all the "divisiveness" and cry for unity. Its yin and yang and the ideological differences in approaches to humanities condition are not going away cause little miss piggy wants her 15 mins...which are way up by now.

that is simply the best post i have ever read on this site gski....nice job!!! she is truly one of the most phony public figures to roll out in a long time
Yes. Thanks so much. Best post I've read here by a mile or two. Keep up the good work! :like
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

skiersleft wrote:
Yes. Thanks so much. Best post I've read here by a mile or two. Keep up the good work! :like
SL in political. :shock:
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

tt431 wrote:
skiersleft wrote:
SL in political. :shock:
It's a very low bar - plus the title does mention Playboy.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Please allow me to summarize:

1. Cindy McCain is fat. Fair enough. Please post a picture of yourself, so that we may see what kind of judge you are.

2. Cindy Sheehan, the woman who got famous protesting the war in Iraq, really HAS fallen out of the spotlight since the Iraq War ended, hasn't she? In related news, you hardly ever hear from those Woman Suffragettes anymore. More media bias, I suppose.

3. There are no longer stories and/or outrage about Gitmo, deficits or gas prices? Really? Whick rock do you live under, and have you considered getting cable?

4. "They left that defense out for Bush when [gas] prices were high"? Really? You mean... like this?

5. If you believe what McCain believes, you'd be a Democrat? No, GSKI. You'd be what used to exist in the GOP -- the party that would hound Ronald Reagan out of the room in 2012 as a weak-kneed tax-loving Commie sympathizer.

6. Finally, this:

"People used to complain for years that there was no visible difference in the 2 political parties but now when those differences are highlighted and lead to competing arguments people (media/ popular culture) call for and end to all the "divisiveness" and cry for unity."

The only "people" who claimed this were clueless idiots who, for example, voted for Nader. The rest of us knew better.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

GSki answers to Jerseyguys questions in bold:

1. Cindy McCain is fat. Fair enough. Please post a picture of yourself, so that we may see what kind of judge you are.

I am not a "public figure" and therefore not subject to the use of ridicule and pejoratives

2. Cindy Sheehan, the woman who got famous protesting the war in Iraq, really HAS fallen out of the spotlight since the Iraq War ended, hasn't she? In related news, you hardly ever hear from those Woman Suffragettes anymore. More media bias, I suppose.

The war in Afghanistan has continued into Obama's first term and she has been steadily protesting but without any mainstream media attention.

3. There are no longer stories and/or outrage about Gitmo, deficits or gas prices? Really? Whick rock do you live under, and have you considered getting cable?

The anti Gitmo stories were daily as was the speculation of torture. What ever happened to those civilian trials we were supposed to have. All these were major issues before Obama was elected and the media found a way to report on them daily in the NEWS not the opinion columns. Maybe they still talk about this stuff on MSNBC but nobody watches....except you of course.

4. "They left that defense out for Bush when [gas] prices were high"? Really? You mean... like this?

The O'Reilly Factor is an opinion show that gets maybe a few million viewers at best. The defense for Obama on high gas prices occurs in every hard news story and from the Associated Press dispatches which is picked up by all the major newspapers in print and online. NBC,CBS,CNN,New York Times, Washington Post all report the news and employ the "advocacy" journalism they were taught where they "help" us understand the story. Bush did not get that help and republicans usually get any critical facts that might absolve them of responsibility for a particular issue left on the editing room floor. The media does not "lie" explicitly but their bias is by omission

5. If you believe what McCain believes, you'd be a Democrat? No, GSKI. You'd be what used to exist in the GOP -- the party that would hound Ronald Reagan out of the room in 2012 as a weak-kneed tax-loving Commie sympathizer.

The Democrats and the media (I repeat myself) HATED Reagan when he was president and today somehow they love him and use him to try to stick it to current republicans. Any moderation Reagan may have had was forced due to a democrat controlled house his entire term and I suspect that is why he failed to be very successful as a fiscal conservative. All tax and spending legislation originates in the house. Reagan was viewed as the most extreme war monger imaginable fighting illegal proxy wars dooming the world to nuclear catastrophe. The republican party did not like Reagan at the time and felt his message of fiscal and social conservationism would not sell to the broader population. Reagan was for "immigration reform" and amnesty because he thought there would be border enforcement and it was in the legislation...however democrats who controlled the house just decided not to fund it. Notice how the media loved McCain when he was in his republican bashing "maverick" mode then ignored him when it suited them.

6. Finally, this:

"People used to complain for years that there was no visible difference in the 2 political parties but now when those differences are highlighted and lead to competing arguments people (media/ popular culture) call for and end to all the "divisiveness" and cry for unity."

The only "people" who claimed this were clueless idiots who, for example, voted for Nader. The rest of us knew better.

The democrats and the media often try to push this "unity" theme and try to paint progressive democrat policies as "moderate" and non-ideologically driven pragmatic solutions to societies problems. If I was a cynical power hungry politician with no long term considerations for this country I would be a progressive democrat. At the core democrat strategy is to promise people as many free things as possible payed for by somebody else. Huge deficit spending masks the true costs of these programs and providing gamed numbers to the "non-partisan Congressional Budget office helps sell them initially (like "obamacare" which submitted a 10 year program to the CBO which only had 6 years of actual benefits...guess what the CBO just took another look at Obamacare and now that the benefits are set to begin the 10 year cost has almost doubled). The "free" things democrats promise cannot be paid for by taxes on the rich and a look at the IRS tax data would demonstrate that even if all income over 250k was taxes away it would only take care of 1 years deficit and I do not think you would collect as much next year. The democrats know that the bill for their free bennies will come later when there is a "sudden" financial crisis over the US debt. The solution will probably be a national sales tax or VAT and things will be so bad by then that it will probably pass the house and senate as a bipartisan effort. It will start low and like all the euro VAT tax countries it will increase tremendously. The overspending will not stop and both parties will be happy to spend the money buying votes. Republicans are not true fiscal conservatives because they know that competing with "free" by offering nothing is a political loser thats why Bush tried to be a "compassionate" conservative. The big problem is you have tens of millions of Americans getting an individually relatively small benefit from government they feel they deserve. The big entitlement programs handing our millions of small checks is the bulk of the deficit....not congressional "ear marks". Demographics are forcing financially untenable spending without major changes. The end result certainly is not working out for Europe with their current financial crisis. Way too much to get into here though
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

GSki answers to Jerseyguys questions in bold:

I am not a "public figure" and therefore not subject to the use of ridicule and pejoratives

And yet you heartily defended Rush Limbaugh's attacks on Sandra Fluke as mere "hyperbole, sarcasm and over the top comments". You're nothing but a hypocrite. Got it.

The war in Afghanistan has continued into Obama's first term and she has been steadily protesting but without any mainstream media attention.

Except for coverage of her two arrests outside the Obama White House, of course. Which is pretty much all she's done of note over the past two or three years.

Well, there WAS that second "Camp Casey" she tried to establish outside Obama's home, just like she did with Bush's ranch -- you know, the main reason why she got so much news coverage.

(Wait -- I'm being told that that never actually happened. My bad.)

So it seems that the media gave her more coverage when she did more newsworthy things, and less coverage when he did fewer newsworthy things. Sounds like a massive MSM conspiracy to me!

The anti Gitmo stories were daily as was the speculation of torture. What ever happened to those civilian trials we were supposed to have. All these were major issues before Obama was elected and the media found a way to report on them daily in the NEWS not the opinion columns. Maybe they still talk about this stuff on MSNBC but nobody watches....except you of course.

Now THAT'S funny. First you make a claim you can't back up ("daily" stories about Gitmo for, what -- six or seven years straight?); then you admit that this stuff is "maybe" still discussed in the mainstream media after all; finally, you still dismiss that, because it's only MSNBC and "nobody watches".

Your utterly tortured (ha!) and confused logic aside, you seem to be laying at least some portion of the blame for lack of Gitmo news at the feet of... Fox News. You can't make this stuff up!

The O'Reilly Factor is an opinion show that gets maybe a few million viewers at best.

The O'Reilly Factor is the top-rated program on the top-rated cable news network in America. (Really, you should probably just stop talking now.)

]The defense for Obama on high gas prices occurs in every hard news story and from the Associated Press dispatches which is picked up by all the major newspapers in print and online. NBC,CBS,CNN,New York Times, Washington Post all report the news and employ the "advocacy" journalism they were taught where they "help" us understand the story. Bush did not get that help and republicans usually get any critical facts that might absolve them of responsibility for a particular issue left on the editing room floor. The media does not "lie" explicitly but their bias is by omission

Please show instances of Bush "not getting that help" from "hard news stories" in 2008.

Hell, please show us ANYTHING other than what you ASSUME to be the truth. Thanks!

The Democrats and the media (I repeat myself) HATED Reagan when he was president and today somehow they love him and use him to try to stick it to current republicans.

"Love" him? Hardly. Point out how unwelcome the Patron Saint of the GOP would be in today's Republican party? Absolutely.

Any moderation Reagan may have had was forced due to a democrat controlled house his entire term and I suspect that is why he failed to be very successful as a fiscal conservative.

Oh, God, here we go again -- the ultimate revisionism: those mean ol' Dems never Let Reagan Be Reagan. What a load of sh*t.

The republican party did not like Reagan at the time

Wait -- what? What the hell did you just say? Let me go back and read that again:

The republican party did not like Reagan at the time

Jesus, GSKI. Are you just making this up as you go along?

and felt his message of fiscal and social conservationism would not sell to the broader population.

I thought you just said Reagan's innate fiscal conservatism failed because of the Democrats! Now it was the Republicans who wouldn't Let Reagan Be Reagan? I need a flow chart to follow your argument...

Notice how the media loved McCain when he was in his republican bashing "maverick" mode then ignored him when it suited them.

"Ignored" him? The media "ignored" him in 2008? Man, you have completely fallen off the rails, here, haven't you?

If you can honestly argue that McCain 2008 was the same candidate as McCain 2000, then you're probably also the type of person who proclaims that the Real Ronald Reagan was squashed forever by a massive conspiracy on the right AND the left.

Oh, wait...

6. Finally, this:

The democrats and the media often try to push this "unity" theme and try to paint progressive democrat policies as "moderate" and non-ideologically driven pragmatic solutions to societies problems. If I was a cynical power hungry politician with no long term considerations for this country I would be a progressive democrat. At the core democrat strategy is to promise people as many free things as possible payed for by somebody else. Huge deficit spending masks the true costs of these programs and providing gamed numbers to the "non-partisan Congressional Budget office helps sell them initially (like "obamacare" which submitted a 10 year program to the CBO which only had 6 years of actual benefits...guess what the CBO just took another look at Obamacare and now that the benefits are set to begin the 10 year cost has almost doubled). The "free" things democrats promise cannot be paid for by taxes on the rich and a look at the IRS tax data would demonstrate that even if all income over 250k was taxes away it would only take care of 1 years deficit and I do not think you would collect as much next year. The democrats know that the bill for their free bennies will come later when there is a "sudden" financial crisis over the US debt. The solution will probably be a national sales tax or VAT and things will be so bad by then that it will probably pass the house and senate as a bipartisan effort. It will start low and like all the euro VAT tax countries it will increase tremendously. The overspending will not stop and both parties will be happy to spend the money buying votes. Republicans are not true fiscal conservatives because they know that competing with "free" by offering nothing is a political loser thats why Bush tried to be a "compassionate" conservative. The big problem is you have tens of millions of Americans getting an individually relatively small benefit from government they feel they deserve. The big entitlement programs handing our millions of small checks is the bulk of the deficit....not congressional "ear marks". Demographics are forcing financially untenable spending without major changes. The end result certainly is not working out for Europe with their current financial crisis. Way too much to get into here though[/quote]

Congratulations, GSKI. You just blew your own (previous) argument about how different the two parties really are.

Maybe you should just stick to the "Chatter" forum, eh?
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters