I am going to Sunday River this weekend!!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Re: I am going to Sunday River this weekend!!

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

Stormchaser wrote:
subdude wrote:That is why SR has been making snow this week, along with a fresh 2-3" from mother nature last night and more in the forecast tonight. They're getting ready for the British Invasion. I hear some 2100 skiers have opted out of Killing because of their decision to not make snow and have made plans to go to SR instead. Good move on SR part.

KILLING TONS of ski vacations for Brits everywhere!
I believe the Brits spell as tonnes.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

with every snow report, sunday river's rubbing killington's face in it. just not a fair fight. c'mon sunday river pick on someone your own size. think i hear skippy crying somewhere ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

keep it coming mother nature! :cool
The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run. ~Tim Cahill
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

I sent you pm Bigbob.........thanks for the kind offer. :like :mrgreen:

Today at Sunday River

We let Mother Nature take over last night and true to form, she pulled a fast one on us. We got about an inch of fresh snow after yesterday's three inches, but we did see some precipitation before the snow fell and it wasn’t the frozen kind. We’re in good shape, though, because we’ve been making snow like crazy people. Have no fear; we stood our ground against last night’s…cough cough…non-crystallized precipitation and we did walk away with another inch of fresh snow. Temps will drop again to make for some favorable snowmaking conditions tonight too! You played your hand, Mother Nature. We’ll play ours. Let’s see which one of us gets fan favorite, old lady, because we still have the most open terrain in the East.

We talk about our snowmakers all the time, but let’s take a second to give some kudos to our groomers. They hit 52 trails last night and moved snow around like champions to minimize any walking that may be required.

:banana: :cool
The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run. ~Tim Cahill
powderstache
Beginner On Rentals

Post by powderstache »

Just read on SR's website, it's 80s weekend and if you dress in gear you take 10 bucks off your ticket… $49! Thats 10 more bucks to spend at the Matterhorn!
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

I saw that!!

I am going to dig out one of my old one peice suits.....it's bright blue and might qualify.

I will die if i am the only one wearing stuff like that but.....$10 is at least 2 beers. :lol:
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

jambear wrote:I sent you pm Bigbob.........thanks for the kind offer. :like :mrgreen:

Today at Sunday River

We let Mother Nature take over last night and true to form, she pulled a fast one on us. We got about an inch of fresh snow after yesterday's three inches, but we did see some precipitation before the snow fell and it wasn’t the frozen kind. We’re in good shape, though, because we’ve been making snow like crazy people. Have no fear; we stood our ground against last night’s…cough cough…non-crystallized precipitation and we did walk away with another inch of fresh snow. Temps will drop again to make for some favorable snowmaking conditions tonight too! You played your hand, Mother Nature. We’ll play ours. Let’s see which one of us gets fan favorite, old lady, because we still have the most open terrain in the East.

We talk about our snowmakers all the time, but let’s take a second to give some kudos to our groomers. They hit 52 trails last night and moved snow around like champions to minimize any walking that may be required.

:banana: :cool

Got it, I should be at South Ridge lodge around 9- 9:30 tomorrow. I will give you a call. 55 trails and fresh snow!
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
powderstache
Beginner On Rentals

Post by powderstache »

jambear wrote:I saw that!!

I am going to dig out one of my old one peice suits.....it's bright blue and might qualify.

I will die if i am the only one wearing stuff like that but.....$10 is at least 2 beers. :lol:
:Toast
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

Awesome!!!! see you there!!! :mrgreen:
powderstache
Beginner On Rentals

Post by powderstache »

"It seems pretty crazy that we're still making snow, right? Nahhhh. It's just what we do. We make snow for you: passholders, day trippers, and vacationers combined. Without snow, we wouldn't be much of a Happy Place and no one wants an un-Happy Place now, do they? So that's exactly what we're doing... Making sure YOUR Happy Place is skiable all the way into April by making snow now. Last night we went after Upper Sunday Punch, Sunday Punch, Ecstasy, and Right Stuff. During the day today we're planning on keeping the guns rolling on Upper Sunday Punch and turn on those babies on Cascades. We loooooove our snowmakers here at Sunday River but we love our groomers too! They worked hard to make sure we had the most open terrain after last week's 80 degree heatwave and they're still keeping it up on over 50 trails. Want to see what the conditions looks like? Check out the latest weekly video!"

Wow, SR doesn't let up. Maybe we'll be skipping K for Easter anyways. Think it's possible they'll fill their pond for skimming with holy water? That's just as good as mass, right?
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

powderstache wrote:Without snow, we wouldn't be much of a Happy Place and no one wants an un-Happy Place now, do they? So that's exactly what we're doing... Making sure YOUR Happy Place is skiable all the way into April by making snow now.
The Beast Likes Going To Its Un-Happy Place.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

Jambear look at you Pm's migth be time to take me up on the sleep on the couch offer if you are planning on staying over.
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

Jambear said turns are good.
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

It's 80's day tomorrow at Loon as well. My one-piece Bogner is probably over-the-top enough to qualify.

While the skiing is probably better at SR, it's $49 to ski at Loon from now until the end of the season if you show your pass from any other mountain.
KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

Post by KnuckleDragger »

MarieM wrote:It's 80's day tomorrow at Loon as well. My one-piece Bogner is probably over-the-top enough to qualify.

While the skiing is probably better at SR, it's $49 to ski at Loon from now until the end of the season if you show your pass from any other mountain.
Pictures please.