Blue Chatterbox

Anybody ski today?

Post by Champagne Powder »

How was it?? SS getting bumped up yet :?:
GSKI
Powderhound

Re: Anybody ski today?

Post by GSKI »

It sucked. Ice with small slush piles in between. Some small bumps on SS none on upper skyark lower bitter but lower sky did open and it has mature bumps. Should be great once they soften up a bit and they only just started to be skied when the trail opened at 2:15pm.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

It was great by killington standards!
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

first couple runs at 8am were great. nice grooming and edge deep pow skied well. after that it quickly went downfall. lots of ice. snow was absolute garbage. chopped ice. was ready to quit at lunchtime when i ran into the bmmc crew. inspired me to go back out and ski more. had warmed up a bit so it was a little better with some bumps on lower supe but still lots of ice. they opened lower skye lark 2-ish. some of the hardest bumps i've ever skied. quit around 2:30.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Like others said there was a lot of ice to ski today. Finding snow to turn on was an adventure. The headwall of Superstar was definitely an ice skate for most of it. Did laps on the two trails that were open from 10 AM until 2 PM. Some of the snow started to soften up around the time I was ready to quit. I never skied lower Skylark. It just look like the moguls were going to be very icy so I passed on it. Not the best day to be skiing but at least we were still skiing.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sunday morning was a repeat of Saturday minus the morning snow. Early fast laps on SS and Sky-High-Sweet sure beat laps on Rime and Reason. Got a great leg burn going. Chance of snow this evening. Hang on winter.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Started my skiing day a little earlier today so I got to ski the Superstar headwall before it got scraped off. Later on I had to deal with the ice on it and I took one fall on it. The grooming could have been a little better but I did ski many many runs on both Superstar and Skylark/Bittersweet. I also skied once on lower Skylark but it was not pretty as I was in survival mode. It never softened up so I never attempted it again. Heard that there were a few injuries on that trail today.

For a break in the monotony, I took a hike over to the Canyon area with some friends. Thankfully there was a little bit of new snow to cover some of the ice that we encountered on the walk over. We chose to ski down Upper East Fall which was not very pleasant because it was very scratchy. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find that East Fall had softened up and skied really nicely. We did have to remove our skis at the big break and walk down a bit but after that we were able to ski almost to the CQ4. We removed our skis and walked a short distance to where the snow resumed and then we were able to ski almost the whole way of the runout. My friends celebrated the adventure with a drink at the umbrella bar.

In the afternoon, I hooked up with Atomic and Tokenboarder. We did laps on the two trails. We did venture off the path once but that trail was not worth redoing. It was snowing while we were skiing. Finished my skiing at 3:00 PM when I started feeling tired.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Knee deep, face shots, woods were great ! Epic just freakin epic.... Felt like I was skiing in Utah !... Thats what I was visioning in my mind anyway............ fun stuff !
DoggieRaper
Beginner On Rentals

Post by DoggieRaper »

Atomic1 wrote:Knee deep, face shots, woods were great ! Epic just freakin epic.... Felt like I was skiing in Utah !... Thats what I was visioning in my mind anyway............ fun stuff !
andyzee gave you a facial??
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

The Monday morning real world was not as good as Atomics1's dreams but a couple of inches of fresh powder groomed into the base made for a morning of sweet turns. Good number of skiers and riders for the first bell at 10. Took a couple of hours for the hard surface to reappear. A fun winter day with lots of sun and wind.

Hey Atomic1 the Birdman grabbed first tracks down the headwall. Was he leading the pack in your dream also.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Guy in Shorts wrote:The Monday morning real world was not as good as Atomics1's dreams but a couple of inches of fresh powder groomed into the base made for a morning of sweet turns. Good number of skiers and riders for the first bell at 10. Took a couple of hours for the hard surface to reappear. A fun winter day with lots of sun and wind.

Hey Atomic1 the Birdman grabbed first tracks down the headwall. Was he leading the pack in your dream also.

YUP, and he had to use a snorkel to get thru !
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Guy in Shorts

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Yes, Rumor has it the he nailed a turkey with his car and added the gobbler to his helmet since last year.