Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Re: Race and the Media

Post by JerseyGuy »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:I can only hope that he finds the right doctors to fix that badly-broken nose. No one should have to go through life damaged like that.
Um, I know you're our resident MD, but you know everything went down on 2/26 and the mug shot was taken maybe yesterday or the day before? Right?
Yup. I also know that he's been in hiding ever since, so -- shocking, I know! -- no one will ever have a clear image of all of those terrible "injuries" he sustained at the the hands of the now conveniently dead Trayvon Martin.

Not a bad deal, if you think about it. Thanks to Florida's insane Stand Your Ground law (which may yet get Zimmerman off scot-free), all a person has to do to justify a murder is to claim that they felt "threatened", as in "that guy I stalked around the neighborhood despite 911 telling me not to all of a sudden made me feel threatened, so I blew him away". Great way for people to legally kill someone they don't like, don't you think?
So what exactly did you expect a broken nose to look like in a picture taken nearly two months later?
How about any -- and I mean ANY -- difference between now and then? Or between now and the police station video? Oh, wait, forget it -- that video didn't show any trauma to the nose, either.

Let me ask you this, XJib, because you only seem to get angry with people who abuse their power, real or imagined, when the victim's either a cute white girl or you and your drunken buddies: do you believe that Martin broke Zimmerman's nose and repeatedly "slammed" his head into the pavement? I'm curious.
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

JerseyGuy wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
JerseyGuy wrote:I can only hope that he finds the right doctors to fix that badly-broken nose. No one should have to go through life damaged like that.
Um, I know you're our resident MD, but you know everything went down on 2/26 and the mug shot was taken maybe yesterday or the day before? Right?
Yup. I also know that he's been in hiding ever since, so -- shocking, I know! -- no one will ever have a clear image of all of those terrible "injuries" he sustained at the the hands of the now conveniently dead Trayvon Martin.

Not a bad deal, if you think about it. Thanks to Florida's insane Stand Your Ground law (which may yet get Zimmerman off scot-free), all a person has to do to justify a murder is to claim that they felt "threatened", as in "that guy I stalked around the neighborhood despite 911 telling me not to all of a sudden made me feel threatened, so I blew him away". Great way for people to legally kill someone they don't like, don't you think?
So what exactly did you expect a broken nose to look like in a picture taken nearly two months later?
How about any -- and I mean ANY -- difference between now and then? Or between now and the police station video? Oh, wait, forget it -- that video didn't show any trauma to the nose, either.

Let me ask you this, XJib, because you only seem to get angry with people who abuse their power, real or imagined, when the victim's either a cute white girl or you and your drunken buddies: do you believe that Martin broke Zimmerman's nose and repeatedly "slammed" his head into the pavement? I'm curious.
To answer your question - no it doesn't look like it. Then again, I was there one night when one of my "drunken buddies" was hit in the face and knocked out cold - hitting his head on the pavement. He spent 2 weeks in the ICU and then, after being transport by ambulance to Princeton, spent 6 months in Princeton Hospital for trauma to his brain. If you met him after the fact in Princeton, you'd think nothing was wrong - it wasn't until he started to speak that you learned he had brain trauma (he couldn't speak clear English). All he had was a relatively small cut on the back of his head from the pavement.

Now, I only have my own life experiences to help in forming my opinions. While you may not always agree with me and my opinion may often change based on information posted here, you're not going to convince me that just because someone looks okay then they're okay.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mike Tyson has now weighed in on the Trayvon Martin case. (Please, stop laughing...)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mik ... 15400.html
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:While you may not always agree with me and my opinion may often change based on information posted here, you're not going to convince me that just because someone looks okay then they're okay.
And to be completely fair, we're forgetting that the trauma of murdering an unarmed teenager for the crime of eating junk food in a place where Zimmerman decided he shouldn't have been is probably eating Zimmerman up from the inside out. I mean, just look at those tortured, haunted eyes. Oh, the horror...

I think we can all agree that poor Mr. Zimmerman has suffered enough, yes?
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"Go f*** yourself."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Only jerseydouche can imagine a scenario, insist it's true, factual and the "only" explanation, despite any actual evidence, denigrate anyone who even remotely offers anything to the contrary and then nearly give himself a hernia patting himself on the back for his supposed brilliance and one up-man ship. Your idiot line of reasoning is laughable and carries less water than sieve. I'm sure it all seems plausible in that empty echo chamber of a sh!tbucket you call a head, but outside your demented imagination its just a race baiter fantasy from a truly despicable piece of crap.

Yer so f'ckin stupid you couldn't even follow the "later K opening times" thread w even a shred of accuracy but it didn't;t stop you from throwing out ad hoc insults and sarcastic ( lack of) "wit" as if you were an authority on the subject. WTF makes anyone think you can throw out a rational explanation about anything w your limited comprehension and penchant for childish, hateful, partisan, scorn for anything not left. Hell you couldn't even repeat the bet you agreed to w/o totally fvcking it up despite it being like one simple sentence. Face it you're an imbecile.

Now tell us again how you are never wrong, cry about format, post up some stupid clip art from your flame warriors 1998 edition limited cd, or some other pathetic asinine crap and lay claim to your, what is it now, 10 millionth "internet" won? You must be so proud of your only ( imaginary) achievement.

kinda reminds me of this pathetic dumbass

carry on king nothing
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

and any of you fools that support stirring up racial tensions for political gain, you will be mighty fvckin sorry when bullets fly and innocent people die for nothing. Its all but inevitable at this point.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Bubba wrote:Mike Tyson has now weighed in on the Trayvon Martin case. (Please, stop laughing...)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mik ... 15400.html
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

madhatter wrote:Image
Uh... OK, then. Always a pleasure being on the receiving end of a patented Racist Maddie End Of His Rope Meltdown.

Anything else to add, Maddie?
madhatter wrote:Image
Niiiiiiiice.

"Go f*** yourself."
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:Only jerseydouche can imagine a scenario, insist it's true, factual and the "only" explanation, despite any actual evidence, denigrate anyone who even remotely offers anything to the contrary and then nearly give himself a hernia patting himself on the back for his supposed brilliance and one up-man ship. Your idiot line of reasoning is laughable and carries less water than sieve. I'm sure it all seems plausible in that empty echo chamber of a sh!tbucket you call a head, but outside your demented imagination its just a race baiter fantasy from a truly despicable piece of crap.
Sounds pretty much like Rush Limbaugh
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Attachments
lynch mob.jpg
lynch mob.jpg (49.08 KiB) Viewed 717 times
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

The over under on JG admitting he was wrong is low, but there's enough in this thread to show JG was fooled by the media and was wrong in rushing to judgement.
ABC News: Photo taken after Trayvon Martin shooting shows bloody George Zimmerman

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. —

WFTV just learned Friday morning about a picture of gunman George Zimmerman, taken just three minutes after the shooting that left 17-year-old Trayvon Martin dead.

The picture reportedly shows cuts on the back of Zimmerman's head, with blood trickling down.

Zimmerman, who shot and killed 17-year-old Martin on February 26 in a gated Sanford community, claimed he killed Martin in self-defense. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder for the shooting death of Martin.

The picture would seem to back up Zimmerman's claim that Martin slammed his head against the sidewalk.

That picture could be part of the evidence shown to the judge in court Friday morning during Zimmerman's bond hearing.

ABC News is breaking more on this story on Good Morning America at 7 a.m. on Channel 9. We'll have more on Central Florida's TV 27 at 7 a.m.

Meanwhile, Trayvon Martin's parents will come face to face for the first time with Zimmerman on Friday.

Zimmerman is due in a Seminole County courtroom for a bond hearing at 9 a.m.

After a week and a half behind bars, Zimmerman may be walking out of jail to await trial on a second-degree murder charge.

The parents of 17-year-old Martin are expected in the courtroom during the bond hearing.

Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara will likely argue to Judge Kenneth Lester that Zimmerman is not a flight risk, pointing to fact that Zimmerman turned himself in immediately when charges were filed.

Judge Lester must decide if Zimmerman will be offered bond.

"He's evidenced his willingness to stay involved in the process. I think that works to his credit," said O'Mara.

Zimmerman made his first appearance in court eight days ago. O'Mara said Zimmerman was hiding out in another state while the outrage built in the case because he was not arrested for well over a month after the shooting.

"He's tired. It's been a long period of time here. He's gone through some tribulations of his own," said O'Mara.

WFTV learned that as the process for Zimmerman's trial ramps up, taxpayers will likely foot the bill for his defense.

"He is indigent for cost. He doesn't have any money and there's a process in place that allows the state to assist in paying costs, not attorney's fees," said O'Mara.

Meanwhile, WFTV found out Zimmerman has asked to meet with Martin's parents.

This comes just as Zimmerman may be let out of jail, causing Martin's parents and their lawyers to question his motive.

"He never once apologized on his website, on any of the voicemails he left his friends, and never expressed any remorse during police interviews," said Martin's family attorney Ben Crump.

Crump said Friday is also expected to be an emotional day for Zimmerman's parents.

It's the first time they'll be in the same room as Zimmerman since Martin's death. Crump also told CNN Thursday night that the timing of Zimmerman's request is "self-serving."

The hearing begins at 9 a.m. and WFTV will be in the courtroom and will have live coverage on Channel 9 WFTV and WFTV.com

The city has security plans in place if Zimmerman does bond out of jail, but no one would go into any details.

Former WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer will return to his role to provide in-depth analysis of the Zimmerman bond hearing.

Sheaffer recently left WFTV to run for judge, but he later decided against running for family reasons.

Stay with WFTV for the very latest on Zimmerman's bond hearing and what will happen if he gets out of jail.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

that's like a yr old, long before the zimmerman/martin incident but I'm sure that's all you got. Black on white crime is far more prevalent than white on black crime but that'll never change the perception of the those who refuse to see. Tell me why zimmerman is referred to as a white hispanic and yet obama has never been referred to as a white african. Got to admit your irrelevant and unrelated tit for tat posts are becoming quite annoying but what else have you got? A bunch of empty slogans and twisted "logic"? Yes I understand your position-- Left is right and right is wrong. No wonder you are so confused. And that is the problem it's not that liberals don't have some good ideas it's that they are convinced of their imagined superiority and moral righteousness so much so that they see zero issue with forcing others to bow to their will and refusal to bow to said will as obstructionist and the reason all lib programs fail ( if only everyone participated in MY plan) All this despite the overwhelming evidence that EVERY society based on that paradigm fails miserably. There is none so blind as he who will not see. It is going to be so sweet seeing you libs whine and cry when the hopey experiment crashes to pitiful end reminding you all once again NO YOU CAN'T. Again what is it about liberals that they can't tolerate the rest of us being free from them ( liberals) and their idiotic ideals? /quote]
mach es sehr schnell

Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

madhatter wrote:that's like a yr old, long before the zimmerman/martin incident but I'm sure that's all you got. Black on white crime is far more prevalent than white on black crime but that'll never change the perception of the those who refuse to see.
From BJS: Homicide Trends in the U.S.

86% of white victims were killed by whites
94% of black victims were killed by blacks

Now I would imagine that in Vermont it is far more likely for a black to commit a crime against a white than for a white to commit a crime against a black. But then again, a black person is far more likely to randomly cross paths with a white person than vise-verse.