Yet ANOTHER place to find a job...

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
DMC
Post Office

Re: Yet ANOTHER place to find a job...

Post by DMC »

madhatter wrote:
shortski wrote:its no coincidence the previous 8 threads on this board have all ended with some sort of imbecilic post not worthy of a response.

Yeah - god forbid someone says and thinks something different then the KChat - Tea Party - conservative snake pit...

You guys crack me the f*** up...

And to think that nowI think Doc No and SSki are the voices of reason here... wow... things have changed...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:
madhatter wrote:
shortski wrote:its no coincidence the previous 8 threads on this board have all ended with some sort of imbecilic post not worthy of a response.

Yeah - god forbid someone says and thinks something different then the KChat - Tea Party - conservative snake pit...

And to think that nowI think Doc No and SSki are the voices of reason here... wow... things have changed...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

madhatter wrote:
DMC wrote:
madhatter wrote:

I demand recognition to voice two in my head, but you were always the favorite. :-)
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

DMC wrote:
steamboat1 wrote:"Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Meaning

A proverbial saying which suggests that the ability to work is of greater benefit than a one-off handout.
Great quote - I use it all the time!

Totally agree - way better to get people to be self sufficient!!!

Compassion is teaching them to fish.. So they can be comfortable and live a good life. Even in poverty..
If that person is not interested in learning how to fish do you continue to give him fish?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

46.5 Million Americans, Record 22.3 Million US Households, On Foodstamps; 8,753,935 On Disability

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 07/27/2012 11:26 -0400

BLS
Bureau of Labor Statistics

America's transition into a welfare state continues, as May saw a new all time high number of American households, 22.3 million to be exact, enter technical poverty and collect foodstamps. At the individual level, 46.5 million Americans lived off foodstamps, a 222,157 increase in the month, or nearly three times the number of people who found jobs in June according to the BLS. Next month this too will be a record, as it is currently just 17,367 before the previous all time high set in December of 2011. The good news, and we use the term loosely, is that the average benefit per household rose from all time lows of $275.82 to $276.76. Surely, the bottom is in and just like housing, there is on blue skies ahead.

And before we go, here is the total number of Americans on disability: 8,753,935.

Combined foodstamp and disability recipients: 55,250,723

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/465-milli ... foodstamps
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
UVSHTSTRM
Bumper

Post by UVSHTSTRM »

I wonder how many people really should be on SS disability? How do people go from collecting unemployment to becoming eligble for SSDI once their UI runs out? I saw that SSDI enrollees has increased by nearly double from 2008 til now, what is the reason for this sharp increase? Pretty soon this whole country will be on some form of significant long term federal/state benefit.
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

UVSHTSTRM wrote:I wonder how many people really should be on SS disability? How do people go from collecting unemployment to becoming eligble for SSDI once their UI runs out? I saw that SSDI enrollees has increased by nearly double from 2008 til now, what is the reason for this sharp increase? Pretty soon this whole country will be on some form of significant long term federal/state benefit.
Duh, didn't you get the memo.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

shortski wrote:
UVSHTSTRM wrote:I wonder how many people really should be on SS disability? How do people go from collecting unemployment to becoming eligble for SSDI once their UI runs out? I saw that SSDI enrollees has increased by nearly double from 2008 til now, what is the reason for this sharp increase? Pretty soon this whole country will be on some form of significant long term federal/state benefit.
I can hardly wait to join the collection party. Been paying into the system since my first paycheck 40 years ago with less than 10 years to go until age 62. Then I can be a goverment paid ski bum rather than a working ski bum. WHOOOOO....
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
shortski wrote:
I can hardly wait to join the collection party. Been paying into the system since my first paycheck 40 years ago with less than 10 years to go until age 62. Then I can be a goverment paid ski bum rather than a working ski bum. WHOOOOO....
Keep working damn it! You young uns need to keep paying in so I can get MINE in 3 years. :cool
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.......
Give a man a welfare check, a forty malt liquor, a crack pipe and a
hoodie.......and he votes Democrat for a lifetime!!!
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Guy in Shorts wrote:
shortski wrote:
I presume you've run the numbers? If you're top-10% and have 35 years where you maxed out your social security contribution, at age 62, you get $21,500. Most people at age 62 won't see much more than $1,000 per month. (Social Security says their median payment is $1,229 per month). That doesn't buy a heck of a lot of groceries.

I'm looking at Social Security as my insurance against getting "unlucky" and out-living my retirement savings. I have the 35 years of maxed-out contributions and I don't plan to collect until age 70. That gives me $38.8K per year and it will likely be means tested by the time I get there. If I happen to live beyond age 90, that's what I'm going to have to exist on.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Geoff wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:
shortski wrote:
I presume you've run the numbers? If you're top-10% and have 35 years where you maxed out your social security contribution, at age 62, you get $21,500. Most people at age 62 won't see much more than $1,000 per month. (Social Security says their median payment is $1,229 per month). That doesn't buy a heck of a lot of groceries.

I'm looking at Social Security as my insurance against getting "unlucky" and out-living my retirement savings. I have the 35 years of maxed-out contributions and I don't plan to collect until age 70. That gives me $38.8K per year and it will likely be means tested by the time I get there. If I happen to live beyond age 90, that's what I'm going to have to exist on.
pretty much the best one could hope to get out of it esp considering the probability of means testing.
mach es sehr schnell

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

steamboat1 wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.......
racist...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DMC wrote:
racist...
hahahahaah, man you are desperate, very funny, well except for the whole stupid part.
mach es sehr schnell

DMC
Post Office

Post by DMC »

madhatter wrote:
DMC wrote:
racist...
hahahahaah, man you are desperate, very funny, well except for the whole stupid part.

Desperation?
Hardly - just an observation of your post.

I'd rather be stupid than racist.
And you posting was racist... Too bad you not man(or woman) enough to actually step up and say stuff without the viel.
Last edited by DMC on Aug 3rd, '12, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.