KWEATHER

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

boston_e
Postaholic

Re: KWEATHER

Post by boston_e »

Good to hear this non-frozen percipitation we are having in Mass is snow (at least for now) up there.

Please keep us posted...
Don't Killington Pico
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

livefast/diefun wrote:No bueno :sad:

Looks like the end of the week and into the weekend may be good. Just need temps to stay low. K reporting 3", can anyone confirm regardless if it may end up getting washed away later on?

Edit: Actually K only reporting 1" over the last 24. :bang

I was out there Monday from 9-4 . Yes we started with 3" and the skiing surface was great, that is great when you could see it as a fog/mist combined with the snow-guns rendered goggles useless. But I enjoyed it nonetheless , ski by feel , good for practicing turns . But this weather is going to make it difficult for Kton. Mtn. Ops . to expand as they battle just to maintain .
livefast/diefun
Blue Chatterbox

Post by livefast/diefun »

Bubba wrote:But it's snowing pretty nicely at my house right now...
Looks like its snowing pretty nicely from a few pics I've seen Killington and a couple friends post. Maybe it won't switch over. Fingers crossed!
ImageImageImage
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

36 degrees and mixed precip here at 2200 . . . drive down to the P.O. on Rt. 4 was a bit slushy, but the plows are out . . . there is still snow on the trees lining the golf course :wink:
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

NKR, but, Sunday River reporting 11" over the last 48 hours and Sugarloaf reporting 16". Head to Maine for powder.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

Out from 9-12 today (Tuesday). K1 and SSQ down due to icing overnight. SSQ up mid morning and K1 starting up as I left at 1PM. Snow early to sleet to r*in by noon. Nice creamy snow conditions so getting wet was worth it.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Surface was excellent but the r*in and freezing r*in made visibility difficult and there was lots of ski by braille. If you didn't have some type of water repellant on you got soaked quickly. My new bibs and jacket worked just fine for about 2 hours or so. ROTD, Cascade. Nice snow, decent bumps and just a good ride. Be nice if I could see more of it but managed anyway. Hope for some snow and better weather coming up.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Today's weather at K sucks! :evil:

That is all... :dislike
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Rode 9 -12 by then we were soaked..this its getting old
bearpaws
Beginner On Rentals

Post by bearpaws »

From the NWS forecast discussion (http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php ... hlight=off)

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH TUESDAY/...
...THE FAVORABLE DEEP CYCLONIC FLOW AND GOOD 1000 TO 700MB RH ASSOCIATED WITH A CLOSED 5H/7H CIRCULATION WL RESULT IN A PROLONGED UPSLOPE SNOW EVENT FROM LATE SAT THRU EARLY MONDAY. ALSO...EXPECT A HIGH FLUFF FACTOR GIVEN DEVELOPING THERMAL PROFILES OF 20 OR 30 TO 1. SOME DIFFICULT TRAVEL IS ANTICIPATED WITH SNOW...BLOWING SNOW...AND FALLING TEMPS OVER THE WEEKEND...
klondick
Black Carver

Post by klondick »

let me know if it changes between liquid and solid please.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

From my metorologist's e-mail at noon for the week:

Gradient Wind: Thursday night-mostly Friday morning into the afternoon. Strong southeast gusts with down-sloping acceleration may top out over 50 mph currently highlighted as a weak threat.

Minor Wet Snow & Glazing: Some glazing and wet snow was possible on the front end of this windy system late Thursday night-Friday morning before changing to all r*in.

Beyond this period: Colder weather to move in starting over this weekend keeping precip, light but all snow for a change into Christmas Day. A minor warm up beyond then turning much colder with temperature going frigid
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
pwdrskier
Blue Chatterbox

Post by pwdrskier »

can it please just snow thats all i ask for
http://www.youtube.com/user/SkiBumFilms

2011/2012
Killington- 47 days
Pico- 1 day
2012/2013
Killington- 5days
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Better get your kites ready.
NOAA says Friday looks like a doozy...

"Snow and sleet before 10am, then freezing 'slop' between 10am and 4pm, then 'slop' after 4pm. High near 33. Strong and damaging winds, with a southeast wind 50 to 60 mph decreasing to 33 to 43 mph. Winds could gust as high as 95 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Forever .. Goat Path
livefast/diefun
Blue Chatterbox

Post by livefast/diefun »

brownman wrote:Better get your kites ready.
NOAA says Friday looks like a doozy...

"Snow and sleet before 10am, then freezing 'slop' between 10am and 4pm, then 'slop' after 4pm. High near 33. Strong and damaging winds, with a southeast wind 50 to 60 mph decreasing to 33 to 43 mph. Winds could gust as high as 95 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Maybe the world is coming to an end after all on Friday? 95 MPH what in the world?! :?c
ImageImageImage