RIP AndyZee

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: RIP AndyZee

Post by icedtea »

RIP good dude!!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Nice tribute thread on the Alpine Zone...

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread ... ute-Thread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where is Happy Hour ?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Good to see all the K-Zone folks paying tribute last night. A nice bouquet of flowers was sent as well by Atomic1 and his wife Kathy. Very nice gesture on their part. The flowers were beautiful.

Very nice overall turnout at the service as well. It was really rough seeing Andy laying there in the coffin. The last few weeks really took their toll on him. Vee said he was down to skin and bones by the end. Tough to see a guy so full of life lying there as he was. Jodi couldn't even look. I don't blame her. We both got nice and drunk after the service.

I am very worried about Vee, both emotionally and financially. Her family was not in attendance last night as they are all in Poland and did not make it over for the service. I know that Vee and Andy had recently bought a house as well. Hopefully Andy had done some planning even though no one wants to think of their own demise. Even still, I am worried about Vee. Andy was her whole life. She had him and that was about all she had here in this country. We will do our best to stay in touch with her and help her through this horrific time. I am worried about her.

RIP good buddy. Hopefully you heard everything I said to you as I was kneeling at your coffin. I meant every word of it. We will try our best to look out for Vee. You should too. Take care and I'm glad you're finally at peace.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Thanks Junior , I wanted to attend but could not but I'm glad to hear the Florist came thru ! I'm really going to miss the " Big Pollock".
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Atomic1 wrote:Thanks Junior , I wanted to attend but could not but I'm glad to hear the Florist came thru ! I'm really going to miss the " Big Pollock".
(In honor of Zee's quick sense of humor. Props to the rest of Atomic's post and generosity)
BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Haven't posted on this site in many moons, but I lurk once in a while (especially pre-season). Very sorry to see this news. My condolences to Andy's family.
KingsFourMan
Postaholic

Post by KingsFourMan »

I haven’t posted on here in years but wanted to add to Andy’s tribute thread. He was one of the great characters on this board and made it a lot of fun back when he was a regular. We met Andy and V a couple of times up at Killington and it was very obvious that he loved people, having a good time, and most of all V. V is as beautiful a person as I have ever met and my thoughts and prayers are with her.

Peace be with you Andy.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Thats funny that junior and I had different opinions of how Andy looked. I actually thought he looked pretty good, it hadn't ravaged his body like some people I've seen who die of that horrible disease.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

junior wrote:Good to see all the K-Zone folks paying tribute last night. A nice bouquet of flowers was sent as well by Atomic1 and his wife Kathy. Very nice gesture on their part. The flowers were beautiful.

Very nice overall turnout at the service as well. It was really rough seeing Andy laying there in the coffin. The last few weeks really took their toll on him. Vee said he was down to skin and bones by the end. Tough to see a guy so full of life lying there as he was. Jodi couldn't even look. I don't blame her. We both got nice and drunk after the service.

I am very worried about Vee, both emotionally and financially. Her family was not in attendance last night as they are all in Poland and did not make it over for the service. I know that Vee and Andy had recently bought a house as well. Hopefully Andy had done some planning even though no one wants to think of their own demise. Even still, I am worried about Vee. Andy was her whole life. She had him and that was about all she had here in this country. We will do our best to stay in touch with her and help her through this horrific time. I am worried about her.

RIP good buddy. Hopefully you heard everything I said to you as I was kneeling at your coffin. I meant every word of it. We will try our best to look out for Vee. You should too. Take care and I'm glad you're finally at peace.
Very, very nice.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

SkiDork wrote:Thats funny that junior and I had different opinions of how Andy looked. I actually thought he looked pretty good, it hadn't ravaged his body like some people I've seen who die of that horrible disease.
I'm told that his condition was a large result of the mortician doing a great job. Kudos to the funeral home, he looked like I remembered him.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

junior wrote:Good to see all the K-Zone folks paying tribute last night. A nice bouquet of flowers was sent as well by Atomic1 and his wife Kathy. Very nice gesture on their part. The flowers were beautiful.

Nice sentiments junior. Thumbs up.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

On AZ there is a Tuckerman Ravine thread from this past summer. In a post dated June 22nd Andy Zee says: "Yep, there's always next year". Man that makes you think. I did not know him. I only knew of him from posts here and on AZ. I thought he was very young from his AZ profile pic. I enjoyed his edgy combative on-line persona. RIP Andy Zee.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
ski2die
Black Carver

Post by ski2die »

Sad new. RIP dude.
It's not ice if there ain't fish under it!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Junior where did you and Jodi go? The rest of the Kzone crew went to dinner and drinks at a pub up the road from the funeral home. G-smashed had your favorite dish (Chicken Parmigiana) but the rest of us chose dishes from their Oktober Fest menu.
Last edited by tyrolean_skier on Oct 11th, '13, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

Wonderful words Junior.
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!