65%
NY Yankees
35%

Total votes: 17

ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Cityskier wrote:
ozzy wrote:Twenty Six Time World Champion New York Yankees. enough said.
That's pretty much all brain-washed, dumbass Yankee fans can respond with. Nobody gived a f*@$ about 26 championships. What we care about is that the Yankees reckless spending of money has ruined baseball, and they haven't even gotten any return on that investment in 4 years. It's pathetic!
wow, you are BITTER. cheer up maybe the sux will win again in your lifetime that is if your less that 40.

remember rather be dead than red.

bubba WTF thats twice in as many days that i aggreed with you.
i guess stranger things have happened, now lets see it snow instead of pour tomorrow!
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:Ruined baseball kemosabe? Attendance is at record levels and the fact that other teams are winning even though the Yankees spend money kind of refutes your thesis, doesn't it?

As for spending, I believe one could say the Sox bought their championship last year by making several key free agent signings and increasing their payroll to the second highest in baseball, but I wouldn't say that....would you?

BTW, if anyone is "ruining" baseball, it's Bud Selig and his band of imbecilic owners/supporters who put him in office and have kept him kept him there for waaay too long.
I'm not saying that that the Red Sox aren't part of the problem, but the fact is that the game is not healthy. You have many markets that have no hope of winning or making the playoffs. If this disparity continues for years to come are teams like Kansas City and Milwaukee going to survive? I don't think so. People won't continue to buy tickets if there is no hope for success. Yes, some small market teams have won in the short term, but over the long haul I think the game has some serious financial issues that must be addressed. And the Yankees are at the forefront. I don't condemn them for have the best financial situation, but I think that the league needs to address the issue when there are disparities of $100+ million between payrolls of teams.

To a degree I'd say that is exactly what the Red Sox did last year. They made good moves and spent a ton of cash. You could also spend a ton of cash and get Kevin Brown. Good management of your investments is crucial in this and all walks of life.
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

ozzy wrote:
Cityskier wrote:
ozzy wrote:Twenty Six Time World Champion New York Yankees. enough said.
That's pretty much all brain-washed, dumbass Yankee fans can respond with. Nobody gived a f*@$ about 26 championships. What we care about is that the Yankees reckless spending of money has ruined baseball, and they haven't even gotten any return on that investment in 4 years. It's pathetic!
wow, you are BITTER. cheer up maybe the sux will win again in your lifetime that is if your less that 40.

remember rather be dead than red.

bubba WTF thats twice in as many days that i aggreed with you.
i guess stranger things have happened, now lets see it snow instead of pour tomorrow!

Not bitter in the slightest, man. My team is the reigning world champion. Getting their rings in just over a week! Life is very good and it looks like I'm leaving for Utah April 14th. I am nothing but happy.

I've just lived in NYC for a while now, and some of my best friends are Yanks fans. Just tired of the 26 championship chirp. Use your brains. Argue in the present. Don't always take the easy, uncreative way out. This sh*t is fun to talk about. At the end of the day who really gives a flying f@#* who wins a kids's game played by millionaire men? I sure as hell don't!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Cityskier wrote:...At the end of the day who really gives a flying f@#* who wins a kids's game played by millionaire men? I sure as hell don't!
I think I just saw your nose grow about an inch on that one. :lol:

Bob Costas actually had a good plan for helping the game's finances and leveling the playing field. Right now, the payroll tax goes to the "poorer" teams but they're not required to spend it on players. The funds, for the most part, simply go into the "poorer" owners' coffers. Costas, as have others, say baseball needs a minimum as well as a maximul salary structure and, guess what, owners a lot of owners have rejected that idea. Guess they really don't want to be competive, just take in the cash.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

Bubba wrote:I think I just saw your nose grow about an inch on that one. :lol:

Bob Costas actually had a good plan for helping the game's finances and leveling the playing field. Right now, the payroll tax goes to the "poorer" teams but they're not required to spend it on players. The funds, for the most part, simply go into the "poorer" owners' coffers. Costas, as have others, say baseball needs a minimum as well as a maximul salary structure and, guess what, owners a lot of owners have rejected that idea. Guess they really don't want to be competive, just take in the cash.

I root for the Sox and enjoy the competition, but at the end of the day itdoesn't really matter to me. It's fun to banter about, but there is way too much going on in the world now that is of greater importance!

That said, I will be watching Sunday!

It's not surprising that the owners don't want to be competitive. They want to cash in now. I justthink in the long run the game will suffer.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

At the end of the day who really gives a flying f@#* who wins a kids's game played by millionaire men? I sure as hell don't!

my grandfather used to ask me as a kid "do you think reggie really cares about you."

i guess not.

but booze, women and drugs prolly, well definately yes.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
yeti
Powderhound

Post by yeti »

salary cap

asassinate Angelos

go Nats!