Roll Call for The Killington Wine Festival 7/18 - 7/20

Post by RustyK »

Coming up Friday 7/18 with some other couples for this event. Will be at the:

Estate Wine Tasting, Poolside at the Killington Grand Hotel
Friday July 18, 6:00 p.m.

and the

The Grand Tasting, Roaring Brook Umbrella Bars
Saturday July 19, 1:00-4:00 p.m.

Any other local coming to this event? Never been to this before. Are there any secrets?

There should be at 10:00 somewhere...

The Killington Wine Festival has earned a reputation for being one of the Killington region’s signature summer events. Over the years, the festival has grown immensely and now features more than 500 wines from a collection of over 40 vineyards around the world.

Come enjoy a nice July weekend tasting fine wines with Killington Peak and the Green Mountains of Vermont serving as a scenic backdrop.

Estate Wine Tasting, Poolside at the Killington Grand Hotel
Friday July 18, 6:00 p.m.
Offering sprawling views of Snowshed Pond and Killington Mountain, the Killington Grand Hotel poolside patio is an ideal place to kick off the weekend. Wineries will sample their collections of estate and reserve wines. This intimate tastings caps off at 100 tickets, giving attendees and winery representatives the opportunity to discuss the nuances of the fine wines being poured.

Tickets for this event are $75 and advanced purchase is recommended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wine Trail, Killington Road
Friday July 18, 6:00-10:00 p.m.
The Killington Wine Trail returns this year, as a dozen restaurants along Killington Road will transform into ‘tasting rooms’ to showcase a special wine, or food and wine pairing. These specials will run on Friday from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. at various restaurants on the Killington Road. Each stop will feature a different wine or wine portfolio paired with bites ranging from gourmet cheese to Italian tapas to desserts. Free transportation between restaurants will be available from 6:00 – 10:00 p.m. Please call Gramps Shuttle to schedule a pick-up 30 minutes in advance at 802-558-1543.

Reservations are not required and prices vary at each establishment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four Course Wine Brunch, Killington Peak Lodge
Saturday July 19, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
New to the weekend line-up and an event you will not want to miss. Four courses of fresh Vermont fare, each paired with wines selected from Merriam Vineyards, served at the Killington Peak Lodge offering panoramic views of the Green, White and Adirondack Mountains and the K-1 Express Gondola to get you there.

Tickets for the event are $60 (plus tax and service charge) and include brunch and a round trip ride to Killington Peak on the K-1 Express Gondola. Space is limited so book early.

Pick up tickets at the K-1 Lodge Bike Shop starting at 9:00 a.m. the morning of the event. The gondola will open at 9:15 a.m. for uploading and brunch will begin at 10:00 a.m.

The Grand Tasting, Roaring Brook Umbrella Bars
Saturday July 19, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
The signature event of the Festival, The Grand Tasting, is from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. at Killington Resort’s Roaring Brook Umbrella Bars and Deck. One of the Umbrella Bars will become the ‘Vermont Pavilion’, dedicated to Vermont wines and local artisan foods including cheese, sausage, jams and more. In addition there will be a seemingly endless variety of wines produced domestically and from places as far away as France, Italy, Spain, Austria, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, Chile, Argentina and South Africa from other wineries and distributors. While sipping wine, guests can enjoy hors d’oeuvres, stunning mountain views and live music.

Tickets for the event are $60 and include a signature tote and wine glass and a round trip ride to Killington Peak on the K-1 Express Gondola. VIP tickets are also available for $75 with 12:00 p.m. early admission to the Grand Tasting.

Wine and Nine Golf Tournament, Green Mountain National Golf Course
Sunday July 20, 2:30 p.m.
Join us for the perfect conclusion to the Killington Wine Festival Weekend. Nine holes of fun scramble golf, an assortment of delicious wines and a gourmet dinner. Sign-up as a team or as a single and we'll all have a great day of golf.

$65 per player ($55 for GMNGC Members) includes golf, cart, dinner and great prizes! Space is limited, so be sure to call and sign-up today!

Please make reservations with Green Mountain National Golf Course by calling (802) 422-4653.

Where is Happy Hour ?
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Re: Roll Call for The Killington Wine Festival 7/18 - 7/20

Post by Mtn Man »

Port?!?

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
borgy
Slalom Racer

Post by borgy »

Not a fan of this event. I went last year and we didn't think it was worth the $60. K1 ride was fun.
1918 lives
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I will be heading back home from Lake Placid on Friday after dropping off the kids for ramp camp. Have fun.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

We've always enjoyed it but will be missing it this year due to other obligations.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ballzout
Bumper

Post by Ballzout »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I will be heading back home from Lake Placid on Friday after dropping off the kids for ramp camp. Have fun.
I'll be floating on an inflatable raft, tied to a boat, tied to a bunch of other boats, anchored in the Chesapeake Bay. Sipping on who-knows-what, bikini watching. Have fun. :wink:

I think I'd rather go to ramp camp though.
2021-2022 season total days: 18

Killington, VT: 2
Ski Roundtop, PA: 3..........Ski Whitetail, PA: 5............Ski Liberty, PA: 3
Jack Frost, PA: 0.......... Okemo, VT: 2............Stowe, VT: 3
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Ballzout wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:I will be heading back home from Lake Placid on Friday after dropping off the kids for ramp camp. Have fun.
I'll be floating on an inflatable raft, tied to a boat, tied to a bunch of other boats, anchored in the Chesapeake Bay. Sipping on who-knows-what, bikini watching. Have fun. :wink:

I do hope that means it contains some alcohol! :banana: :Toast :banana:
Chardonnay Queen
Green Skidder

Post by Chardonnay Queen »

I'm thinking about 9 & Wine on Sunday. Fun? :Toast
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Chardonnay Queen wrote:I'm thinking about 9 & Wine on Sunday. Fun? :Toast
So, Chardonnay Queen, are you oaked, or unoaked?
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Mtn Man wrote:Port?!?

B)
Peeps?
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Skibumtress wrote:
Mtn Man wrote:Port?!?

B)
Peeps?

See use guys up there!
Where is Happy Hour ?
Ballzout
Bumper

Post by Ballzout »

Dickc wrote:
Ballzout wrote:

I do hope that means it contains some alcohol! :banana: :Toast :banana:
Indeed :mrgreen:
2021-2022 season total days: 18

Killington, VT: 2
Ski Roundtop, PA: 3..........Ski Whitetail, PA: 5............Ski Liberty, PA: 3
Jack Frost, PA: 0.......... Okemo, VT: 2............Stowe, VT: 3
Chardonnay Queen
Green Skidder

Post by Chardonnay Queen »

Mister Moose wrote:
Chardonnay Queen wrote:I'm thinking about 9 & Wine on Sunday. Fun? :Toast
So, Chardonnay Queen, are you oaked, or unoaked?
Oaked! Preferably buttery with hints of apple or pear.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Good event and great weather.

Friday night at The Grand sold out 100 people. Good to Mike and Chris there.
Garlic was packed. Lots of Jeepers compition up there.

Saturday at The Rub at noon. Bigger venue. Lots of Whiskey sampling! Oh yeah...wine too.
Went upstairs for a couple and saw Tom.
Back at the tent until 4:30. Then the afternoon nap.

New things that I noticed at the K.

West Mountain road downhill entrance closed.

And Multch!
multch.jpg
multch.jpg (141.99 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Where is Happy Hour ?