Opening Day Contest 2014

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Opening Day Contest 2014

Post by Bubba »

It's time for this year's Killington Zone Opening Day Contest. For the price of a bottle of wine, priced in the range of $12 - $20, you get to enter your guess as to what date Killington will officially open for the season this Fall. It's not the day they blow out the mice, if they even bother to do so, it's the day they open for skiing and riding, even if it's just for pass holders and even if they have to close shortly thereafter. Here are the rules:

Each entrant must pick a date and state their wine offering. There can be more than one entry choosing the same date. The winner will be the person or persons who pick the date closest to the actual opening date without opening day having passed them by. (Example: Opening day is 11/1. There is an entry of 10/31 and another of 11/2. The winner is the person who guessed 11/2.) The winner(s) will receive half of the wine bottles; the other half will go toward a season opening party, the date and place to be determined. If opening day comes after the last entry date, there will be no winner and all of the wine will go toward drowning our depression about the late opening.

Entrants do not have to be of legal drinking age, however, if an underage entrant wins the contest, the wine will have to be picked up by a parent or guardian. (KillingtonZone does not condone nor contribute to underage drinking.)

Entries will be accepted through 2359 hours EDT on Monday, October 13, 2014. Contestants may change their entries up until the close of the contest after which all entries will be final.

Wine entries will be delivered to my house in Killington (for those who have forgotten, I'm no longer at Trail Creek) and will be held in my specially constructed, bomb and wino proof wine cellar until the wine party. The winner(s) will pick their half of the entries at the party or before. As we have tried to do the past several years, the wine you pledge with your entry should be the wine delivered. "To Be Determined" as an entry is discouraged, although enforcing this as a hard rule has become a losing battle.

Post your dates and wines in this thread and I will record them. Please post your entry only. Admins reserve the right to remove or edit any posts deemed unrelated to this contest.

Let the games begin!
[td=1,][b]Zoner[/b][/td][td=1,][b]Date[/b][/td][td=1,][b]Wine[/b][/td][td=1,][b]Delivered[/b][/td][td=1,]Guy in Shorts[/td][td=1,]Oct 16[/td][td=1,]Some localivore selection[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]RustyK[/td][td=1,]Oct 18[/td][td=1,]A bottle of the finest below[/td][td=1,]YES[/td][td=1,]Guy in Shorts[/td][td=1,]Oct 22[/td][td=1,]Some localivore selection[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]tyrolean_skier[/td][td=1,]Oct 23[/td][td=1,]Cabernet Sauvignon[/td][td=1,]YES[/td][td=1,]Dr. NO[/td][td=1,]Oct 24[/td][td=1,]Chardonnay to be delivered[/td][td=1,]YES[/td][td=1,]Snowjob[/td][td=1,]Oct 24[/td][td=1,]Red. $12 - $20[/td][td=1,]YES[/td][td=1,]Doria[/td][td=1,]Oct 24[/td][td=1,]????[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]RedRider[/td][td=1,]Oct 25[/td][td=1,]To be decided by the boss[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Mister Moose[/td][td=1,]Oct 30[/td][td=1,]Naia Verdejo Rueda[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]jskivt[/td][td=1,]Oct 31[/td][td=1,]????[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]MrsG[/td][td=1,]Oct 31[/td][td=1,]????[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Bubba[/td][td=1,]Oct 31[/td][td=1,]Some kind of red[/td][td=1,]YES[/td][td=1,](WINNER) Finn[/td][td=1,]Nov 3[/td][td=1,]Chardonnary Surprise[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]First Chair[/td][td=1,]Nov 4[/td][td=1,]Red and PBR[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]shortski[/td][td=1,]Nov 6[/td][td=1,]Mirassou Merlot[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Skibumtress[/td][td=1,]Nov 7[/td][td=1,]Some sort of Merlot[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Stache[/td][td=1,]Nov 11[/td][td=1,]????[/td][td=1,][/td]
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Opening Day Contest 2014

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:It's time for this year's Killington Zone Opening Day Contest. For the price of a bottle of wine, priced in the range of $12 - $20, you get to enter your guess as to what date Killington will officially open for the season this Fall. It's not the day they blow out the mice, if they even bother to do so, it's the day they open for skiing and riding, even if it's just for pass holders and even if they have to close shortly thereafter. Here are the rules:

Each entrant must pick a date and state their wine offering. There can be more than one entry choosing the same date. The winner will be the person or persons who pick the date closest to the actual opening date without opening day having passed them by. (Example: Opening day is 11/1. There is an entry of 10/31 and another of 11/2. The winner is the person who guessed 11/2.) The winner(s) will receive half of the wine bottles; the other half will go toward a season opening party, the date and place to be determined. If opening day comes after the last entry date, there will be no winner and all of the wine will go toward drowning our depression about the late opening.

Entrants do not have to be of legal drinking age, however, if an underage entrant wins the contest, the wine will have to be picked up by a parent or guardian. (KillingtonZone does not condone nor contribute to underage drinking.)

Entries will be accepted through 2359 hours EDT on Monday, October 13, 2013. Contestants may change their entries up until the close of the contest after which all entries will be final.

Wine entries will be delivered to my house in Killington (for those who have forgotten, I'm no longer at Trail Creek) and will be held in my specially constructed, bomb and wino proof wine cellar until the wine party. The winner(s) will pick their half of the entries at the party or before. As we have tried to do the past several years, the wine you pledge with your entry should be the wine delivered. "To Be Determined" as an entry is discouraged, although enforcing this as a hard rule has become a losing battle.

Post your dates and wines in this thread and I will record them. Please post your entry only. Admins reserve the right to remove or edit any posts deemed unrelated to this contest.

Let the games begin!
2 years in a row now...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

October 24th with a Chardonnay to be delivered.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:It's time for this year's Killington Zone Opening Day Contest. For the price of a bottle of wine, priced in the range of $12 - $20, you get to enter your guess as to what date Killington will officially open for the season this Fall. It's not the day they blow out the mice, if they even bother to do so, it's the day they open for skiing and riding, even if it's just for pass holders and even if they have to close shortly thereafter. Here are the rules:

Entries will be accepted through 2359 hours EDT on Monday, October 13, 2013. Contestants may change their entries up until the close of the contest after which all entries will be final.

Let the games begin!
2 years in a row now...
Corrected. Thanks.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Friday, October 17 - Cabernet Sauvignon
Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Post by Snowjob »

October 24. It's hard to say what wine because if I pledge one in my collection there's a chance I'll drink it before then! :D

It will be a red. I'll do the right thing price-wise - $12. - $20.
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

11/11

h
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

Saturday Oct 25th, wine to be decided by the boss.
But will be appropriate.
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bump - we need more entries. Come on folks with the cooler temperatures you should be thinking about opening day.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Saturday October 18th.

Open for passholders only.

A bottle of the finest below:
Wine.jpg
Wine.jpg (19.68 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
Where is Happy Hour ?
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

11/3 Chardonnary Surprise
Doria
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Doria »

Friday October 24th....which is also the due date for our second
grandson! :like :D
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Doria wrote:Friday October 24th....which is also the due date for our second
grandson! :like :D
Congratulations on the expansion of the family.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

November 7th.

Some sort of Merlot.
jskivt
Beginner On Rentals

Post by jskivt »

Oct 31st, opening nyc marathon weekend....