2 No
92%

Total votes: 71

PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Re: BeFast Pass

Post by PinnacleJim »

Powdr is already doing this at Copper.

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/pl ... son_passes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The "Secret Pass" option costs $100 and includes 15 minute early loading in the morning in addition to the special line at certain lifts.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Really dumb idea . . It's only going to piss people off.. Both those in the line as well as those "not" in the line . . .

That is all.
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

PinnacleJim wrote:Powdr is already doing this at Copper.

http://www.coppercolorado.com/winter/pl ... son_passes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The "Secret Pass" option costs $100 and includes 15 minute early loading in the morning in addition to the special line at certain lifts.
This idea at K will fail just like it did a few years ago. Ridiculous to ask the passholders for an extra $200. Prices are already getting ridiculous for passes.

Copper has a machine that automatically scans the card when you slide up to it. It's also every day. Much different at K where a person has to scan your pass and then scan the Befast pass also? I hope that's true and causes that line to be horrible! :P I rarely ride the K1 on weekends. Maybe 2 rides an entire weekend. Ram's Head I might hit 1 time after getting dropped off from the shuttle. I think the lift that will be the worst of the 3 is gonna be the Skye peak express. It's already a disaster on weekends!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

RENO wrote:

This idea at K will fail just like it did a few years ago. Ridiculous to ask the passholders for an extra $200. Prices are already getting ridiculous for passes.

Copper has a machine that automatically scans the card when you slide up to it. It's also every day. Much different at K where a person has to scan your pass and then scan the Befast pass also? I hope that's true and causes that line to be horrible! :P I rarely ride the K1 on weekends. Maybe 2 rides an entire weekend. Ram's Head I might hit 1 time after getting dropped off from the shuttle. I think the lift that will be the worst of the 3 is gonna be the Skye peak express. It's already a disaster on weekends!
The paid parking seems to be working well for K.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

RENO wrote:

Your season pass has Killington bucks on it, discounts on it and the number of days you have been scanned. Why not just put the BeFast on it as well. Get caught trying to cheat the system, black out the pass for the remainder of that day and the next day you try to ski.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

RENO wrote:

Read the release! Your regular pass or express card would need to be replaced to become a BeFast pass workable pass. One pass for both products. I am assuming this must be some type of RFID product.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dickc wrote:
RENO wrote:

Read the release! Your regular pass or express card would need to be replaced to become a BeFast pass workable pass. One pass for both products. I am assuming this must be some type of RFID product.
Probably not,

If they had RFID capability I'd think they would use it on all passes and eliminate one or tw9o people per light who are supposed to be scanning passes.

You'd think it would be pretty easy to give each pass holder a RFID sticker of some sort to go on their pass, no need to totally replace the pass.

Even if they had to replace the whole pass, I have no idea what it costs to print a pass but it could probably be recouped in a year or two or less. Cheaper than paying lifties and all that goes with that.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

It will be a failure. Trust me. This sh*t just doesn't work at K.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Ok, I'm curious who the 2 KZoners are so far that plan on buying this and explain why?
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

SnoBrdr wrote: Even if they had to replace the whole pass, I have no idea what it costs to print a pass but it could probably be recouped in a year or two or less. Cheaper than paying lifties and all that goes with that.
My guess is that it will just be a pass printed with a distinctive color. So it costs the resort a buck or two to re-print some passes to collect $200.00? That's still $198.00 of pure profit.
RENO wrote: Ok, I'm curious who the 2 KZoners are so far that plan on buying this and explain why?
I already bought my upgrade. We all got $100.00 in Beast Bucks we can use. I'll happily run another $100 plus sales tax through my credit card to avoid that Skye Peak Express clusterF**k just like I shell out the money for a parking pass to avoid the parking mayhem. Think of all those times you said, "I'm not going to Bear today. That line will be nuts." or skied right past the K1 to ride a Snowdon lift because there was a 30 minute line. With the K1 and the Skye Peak Express, you have easy access to Southridge. You can shoot up to the Peak Lodge if somebody texts you that they've grabbed a table or some bar real estate. Until they put the Southridge lift back and have some alternate way to get to the peak, the upgrade makes it possible to easily navigate the mountain when it's busy.
Inarvi
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Inarvi »

What is so annoying about this is that the only reason for someone who knows the mountain to get one of these is to avoid the SPE line on Saturdays. This is only a problem because Kton has inexplicably dragged its feet all this time on replacing the SRT. As so many people have said in so many posts, the mountain is broken without a SR chair. Instead of fixing this, Kton is trying to charge customers for a semi workaround to one of the side effects of a mountain split in half.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

St. Jerry wrote:Any chance they'll make one of the benefits of this pass early access to the glades or The Outer Limits. For that I would pay the $400 they are asking.
Not sure about the glades, but I do know you get all you can eat steamed hotdogs at the peak lodge with the pass.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

RENO wrote:Ok, I'm curious who the 2 KZoners are so far that plan on buying this and explain why?
Thought it was a good deal because it includes valet parking and some drink coupons. Also first access to the glades, what can beat that????
Ron Paul 2012
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

freeski wrote:
St. Jerry wrote:Any chance they'll make one of the benefits of this pass early access to the glades or The Outer Limits. For that I would pay the $400 they are asking.
Not sure about the glades, but I do know you get all you can eat steamed hotdogs at the peak lodge with the pass.
Don't knock it. The free Thanksgiving spread. :mrgreen:

KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

Post by KnuckleDragger »

I feel bad for the lifties that are going to have to deal with this.

They are going to have to kick people without the pass to the back of the line which wont make them happy. Sure they shouldn't have been in the line to begin with but they are still going to have to listen to all of the begging and arguments about why they should still be allowed to get on the lift anyway. If they cave in and some lifties start letting people on, then more people are going to try to take advantage and it will turn into a sh*t show.

Lets face it, it doesn't matter what the sign says, if there is a shorter line, people will try to use it.