East Mtn. Road Speeding

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Puck it!
Blue Chatterbox

East Mtn. Road Speeding

Post by Puck it! »

Got nabbed yesterday doing 48. I have never seen cops on it before. Cop wrote for 40 in 25. All these years and I never realized it is 25 the whole way. My fault. But $150 for the tic seems high. It has been years though since I have had one. Started out the day badly
though.
Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!

"Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."
SKI THE EAST!!!!!!
37 days in '10
35 Days in '09
35 Days in '08
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Re: East Mtn. Road Speeding

Post by PinnacleJim »

Yep, it's 25 which is ridiculous. No one does 25 especially going down. Also have never seen a cop on it.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

48 on that road is reckless driving. Well deserved ticket.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Who pulled you over? I've seen the State Police on East Mountain Road looking for easy pickings since it's a 25 mph zone. I don't remember ever seeing a Constable in a Killington-marked Explorer there.
Puck it!
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Puck it! »

Geoff wrote:Who pulled you over? I've seen the State Police on East Mountain Road looking for easy pickings since it's a 25 mph zone. I don't remember ever seeing a Constable in a Killington-marked Explorer there.
Town cop in Explorer.

Yes, 48 is bad when it is 25 but not when you never noticed and thought it was 40 or 45.
Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!

"Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."
SKI THE EAST!!!!!!
37 days in '10
35 Days in '09
35 Days in '08
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Our town police are pretty lenient but doing 48 on that road is too egregious even for them. Where on East Mountain road did they get you?
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

48 mph on East Mtn Road...Glad to see you got ticketed, and happy to see the police out enforcing the speed limits. I have seen quite a few cars speeding down the Access Rd as if it were a highway lately, but I guess that comes with the winter season. Slow down out there...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Geoff wrote:Who pulled you over? I've seen the State Police on East Mountain Road looking for easy pickings since it's a 25 mph zone. I don't remember ever seeing a Constable in a Killington-marked Explorer there.
Are they still constables?

And 45+ on that road is crazy.

And don't forget the BoS has been after the police for sometime to generate more revenue by writing more tickets.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Oh yeah. I forgot. Town meeting voted for a police force last March. Former constable Whit Montgomery became Chief of Police in June. Even Chief of Police is a part time job with no benefits paying ~$20/hour and only 4 people applied for the job.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Geoff wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Oh yeah. I forgot. Town meeting voted for a police force last March. Former constable Whit Montgomery became Chief of Police in June. Even Chief of Police is a part time job with no benefits paying ~$20/hour and only 4 people applied for the job.
You really don't think it will stay that way. The empire will be built over time.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

The new town cop started concentrating on EMR in the summer. A friend of ours got popped a week ago. Its the new norm. We have chaged our route on the way home as I can't keep it near 25 on the way down.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Captain Hafski wrote:The new town cop started concentrating on EMR in the summer. A friend of ours got popped a week ago. Its the new norm. We have chaged our route on the way home as I can't keep it near 25 on the way down.
I haven't been around so I haven't encountered it yet. I've been using East Mountain Road for years instead of the Access Road/West Hill/Route 4. It has always taken me 10 minutes to get from Glazebrook to the stop sign at Skyeship Base. I downshift going down the hill to engine brake but I'm still probably doing 40 mph as I go under the ski bridge. I'm going to have to time it doing 25 mph the whole way. I'll bet it's quicker to go the long way.

I think I'm the only person who drives 35 mph on the Access Road. I treat it the way I treat the 25 mph zones in Bridgewater and Woodstock where you get a ticket for doing 5 mph over the limit.

If enough locals get tickets on East Mountain Road, a town meeting vote might pass to bump the limit up to a more rational 35 mph.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

I CAN'T DRIVE 25 !

I give the access road the extra 5, +/- and have survived so far. People have gone by me doing at least 50 or more. At times the Local police or State police will sit near Rams Head and shoot at speeders, pulling many over. You want to go fast, pay the price. EMR is bitch to maintain a constant speed due to the terrain. Yeah, 25 - 30 up a hill then sudden acceleration and braking going down the other side. Some of the turns on that road are definitely 25, especially on wet roads.

So, now everyone knows it is posted at 25 MPH. Slow it down.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Chardonnay Queen
Green Skidder

Post by Chardonnay Queen »

Thanks for the heads up. I'm usually good for 40 on that road.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

Can't say he was speeding but he sure had had enough momentum to launch over the guard rail.
Attachments
East Mountain Off-road
East Mountain Off-road
image.jpg (554.24 KiB) Viewed 705 times