Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: What Skills Do Expert Skiers Have?

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
freeski wrote:Back when I was skiing 30-35 times a year and getting better each year. I used to wonder what else I needed to be able to do to be an expert all around skier. Here are some qualifications I used to toss around thinking about this.
note: I'm not an expert and have never been.

An expert should be able to:
- Ski well in all conditions.
- Be able to ski gates competitively.
- Be able to ski moguls.
- Should be able to do a helicopter.
- Go 20' off a jump and land comfortably.
- Should be able to drop off of a 10' cliff and land in decent conditions.
- Be able to ski steep trees.
- Be able to ski fast and in control in variable conditions.
- Carve not skid turns.

Some of these make sense others are arbitrary. Wondering how you people look at it. Most skiers who are decent athletes and get enough time on the slopes probably have thought about it.
Can do all of the above...as if there was any doubt.
hahahhahahahha, yer so full of sh!t... skidding on yer tails in a stance that indicates a full diaper is hardly expert skiing....
The only expert skiers I know on 159cm skis are 100lb women.
Rime & Reason wrote:Now that we all know Madhatter is that little guy gingerly making his way down the bumps with 159cm K2 Extremes, I think a lot of us should stop and say hello.
wait don't ferget I look like ronald mcdonald too... look fer me next year on hill, all the above intel should have ya zero'd in within minutes...

still a far superior skier to highway star even w my wild flowing ronald mcdonald hair and on my pink 159 K2 extremes...

meanwhile hwy star can deepthroat a ski twice that length...he's awesome!!!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
freeski wrote:Back when I was skiing 30-35 times a year and getting better each year. I used to wonder what else I needed to be able to do to be an expert all around skier. Here are some qualifications I used to toss around thinking about this.
note: I'm not an expert and have never been.

An expert should be able to:
- Ski well in all conditions.
- Be able to ski gates competitively.
- Be able to ski moguls.
- Should be able to do a helicopter.
- Go 20' off a jump and land comfortably.
- Should be able to drop off of a 10' cliff and land in decent conditions.
- Be able to ski steep trees.
- Be able to ski fast and in control in variable conditions.
- Carve not skid turns.

Some of these make sense others are arbitrary. Wondering how you people look at it. Most skiers who are decent athletes and get enough time on the slopes probably have thought about it.
hahahhahahahha, yer so full of sh!t... skidding on yer tails in a stance that indicates a full diaper is hardly expert skiing....
and still you suck...good lord if yer an expert skier I'm god....yer a half@ss hack that no skier even remotely attempts to imitate or emulate...the best possible area of expertise your skiing exudes is a "how NOT to" for instructors to point out to their students...

I showed up this spring and ski'd w a good number of zoners, didn;t see your sorry @ss there nor did I hear a single person refer to you as a good skier, one of the better K zone skiers, someone who knows how to ski or anything similar... In fact about the only mention of you was when when rogman pretended to be you, and when I was out biking and Kzone came up in a conversation, someone said " ya know who really sucks? highway star." no one even mentioned your distinctive penis costume either...

far far far superior skier to highway star -- out...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
and still you suck...good lord if yer an expert skier I'm god....yer a half@ss hack that no skier even remotely attempts to imitate or emulate...the best possible area of expertise your skiing exudes is a "how NOT to" for instructors to point out to their students...

I showed up this spring and ski'd w a good number of zoners, didn;t see your sorry @ss there nor did I hear a single person refer to you as a good skier, one of the better K zone skiers, someone who knows how to ski or anything similar... In fact about the only mention of you was when when rogman pretended to be you, and when I was out biking and Kzone came up in a conversation, someone said " ya know who really sucks? highway star." no one even mentioned your distinctive penis costume either...

far far far superior skier to highway star -- out...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
indeed you are, still suck at skiing too... again didn't see you there, not A single person said you were a good skier, in fact what little was mentioned of you, NO ONE had ANYTHING good to say about you...

I just realized that you don;t actually wear a penis costume but in fact are just actually 100% dick...

still laughing at your literally most recognizable penis outfit that isn't actually an outfit but a persona embodied, and your half@ss hack skiing ability that isn't actual ability but lack thereof--- out...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Awwww, guess I'm just not hanging out with the cool kids. :violin

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:Awwww, guess I'm just not hanging out with the cool kids. :violin
nah yer just persona non grata apparently... pretty low bar to clear for a group that lets the madhatter in :mrgreen: and yet you still can't clear it...

ski off any time, if yer better than me hats off to ya, ya deserve it....so there ya have it madhatter officially challenges highwaystar to a ski off....
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I found this video of maddy ripping the heck out of outer limits and working on his self arrest skills:

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

As I have always said: the best skier on the mountain is the skier that has the most fun. Nobody has more fun than f.a.s.t.................therefore, f.a.s.t. is the best expert, all around skier. Freeski, if you have as much fun as f.a.s.t...............then, you too are the best expert, all around skier.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:I found this video of maddy ripping the heck out of outer limits and working on his self arrest skills:

yep just what I expected pure chicken sh!t...ski off or f@ck off, time to back yer sh!t up or shut the f@ck up...
mach es sehr schnell

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:I found this video of maddy ripping the heck out of outer limits and working on his self arrest skills:

yep just what I expected pure chicken sh!t...ski off or f@ck off, time to back yer sh!t up or shut the f@ck up...
IS THAT f.a.s.t.? I was watching that video and at about 1:28 a skier enters the video from the left. I looked at that skier and saw that the skier has a jacket just like mine, an Obermeyer with white stripes on the arms. I say holy sh!t, I think that's me!!!! When was that video taken, is that f.a.s.t. skiing down Outer Limits?
Attachments
IMG_5784.JPG
IMG_5784.JPG (84.49 KiB) Viewed 699 times
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

That video is loaded with a whole lotta wrong...
  • The "rough seas" horizon rocking back and forth
  • The inability to self-arrest
  • Planting the ski in the snow in an attempt to stop
  • Trying to put the downhill ski on while standing on the uphill ski
  • And the move that takes the cake... I don't want to spoil it, you'll have to watch the end of the video
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
spanky
Site Admin

What Skills Do Expert Skiers Have?

Post by spanky »

spanky wrote:That video is loaded with a whole lotta wrong...
  • And the move that takes the cake... I don't want to spoil it, you'll have to watch the end of the video
That's funny!

Edit: whoops. That quote and reply was supposed to be an edit.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99v9-4uk9ZQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Highway Star has typing skills.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

And posting it on YouTube=Priceless!!! :bang
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

what's really wrong with that is the guy is on 153 burnin luvs...........