My 5k

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

My 5k

Post by jenscats5 »

My 5k was this morning -- ran with my hubby's exwife & her husband. Nice day!! And it was thru Historic Old New Castle. Beautiful scenery!!

It was a Pump & Run Event -- for each regulation bench press completed -- you got 30 seconds taken off your time. They did the bench portion first. I completed 20 reps, but they gave me 18, cuz I didn't touch my chest on a couple. The weight was 85lbs -- 60% of my bodyweight.

Completed the run -- usual time -- 30 mins. I won the Pump & Run portion for my age group!! Yay!! Prize was a 1 month membership to a gym that sponsored the race & a Tshirt.
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: My 5k

Post by MrsG »

jenscats5 wrote:My 5k was this morning -- ran with my hubby's exwife & her husband. Nice day!! And it was thru Historic Old New Castle. Beautiful scenery!!

It was a Pump & Run Event -- for each regulation bench press completed -- you got 30 seconds taken off your time. They did the bench portion first. I completed 20 reps, but they gave me 18, cuz I didn't touch my chest on a couple. The weight was 85lbs -- 60% of my bodyweight.

Completed the run -- usual time -- 30 mins. I won the Pump & Run portion for my age group!! Yay!! Prize was a 1 month membership to a gym that sponsored the race & a Tshirt.
Congratulations to you MsJens :wink:
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

jenscats5 wrote: ran with my hubby's exwife & her husband.
Does this sound very Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice to anyone else?
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
perabyte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by perabyte »

I went to the driving range today after I fixed up the boat. I should be happy, but I'm not.
I ride twins!
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

KBL Ed wrote:
jenscats5 wrote: ran with my hubby's exwife & her husband.
Does this sound very Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice to anyone else?
You know, I never saw that movie..... wasn't Alan Alda in it??
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
Stormin_Aussie
Bumper

Post by Stormin_Aussie »

jenscats5 wrote:My 5k was this morning -- ran with my hubby's exwife & her husband. Nice day!! And it was thru Historic Old New Castle. Beautiful scenery!!

You Go Girl!!! Ain't no one gonna mess with you!
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

with implants 20 reps would have been a snap!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

Bling Skier wrote:with implants 20 reps would have been a snap!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, I was thinking that......
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

Time was 30:15