Police union wants NFL to allow concealed carry at stadiums

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Police union wants NFL to allow concealed carry at stadiums

Post by Dr. NO »

I just don't see this happening with a bunch of cranked up drunks and fanatics at a NFL event.

"The National Fraternal Order of Police has asked the NFL to lift its ban on fans carrying guns at games, at least for retired and off-duty law enforcement officers who hold permits to carry concealed weapons. In a letter to Commissioner Roger Goodell, FOP President Chuck Canterbury said armed cops are the best bet for stopping a terrorist attack inside a stadium."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/30/po ... -stadiums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Re: Police union wants NFL to allow concealed carry at stadi

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Dr. NO wrote:I just don't see this happening with a bunch of cranked up drunks and fanatics at a NFL event.

"The National Fraternal Order of Police has asked the NFL to lift its ban on fans carrying guns at games, at least for retired and off-duty law enforcement officers who hold permits to carry concealed weapons. In a letter to Commissioner Roger Goodell, FOP President Chuck Canterbury said armed cops are the best bet for stopping a terrorist attack inside a stadium."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/30/po ... -stadiums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
As long as they aren't drinking, this should be allowed; never carry or handle firearms if you are drinking. Otherwise, this should be allowed everywhere, not just at football games. Anyone caught drinking and carrying should be arrested. Guns and drunks don't mix.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:I just don't see this happening with a bunch of cranked up drunks and fanatics at a NFL event.

As long as they aren't drinking, this should be allowed; never carry or handle firearms if you are drinking. Otherwise, this should be allowed everywhere, not just at football games. Anyone caught drinking and carrying should be arrested. Guns and drunks don't mix.
Yeah, because a big problem in this country is that we do not have enough weapons at our public sporting events.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

Yeah, because a big problem in this country is that we do not have enough weapons at our public sporting events.
:like :like

No reason for guns at sporting events.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

:like :like

No reason for guns at sporting events.
Until isis or some other illegal or someone with severe mental illness shows up and starts killing people. If you are standing there, your best hope to live is to have a sober and responsible gun owner there to protect you, your family and all other innocent life. We can not have an armed law enforcement official on every street corner, every tail gate party, every aisle-its just impossible. So, if you're sitting at a tail gate party in a crowded parking lot before a football game and an evil person shows up and starts gunning down people, who would you want next to you? A drunk or a sober armed and trained American Patriot.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

f.a.s.t. wrote: Until isis or some other illegal or someone with severe mental illness shows up and starts killing people. If you are standing there, your best hope to live is to have a sober and responsible gun owner there to protect you, your family and all other innocent life. We can not have an armed law enforcement official on every street corner, every tail gate party, every aisle-its just impossible. So, if you're sitting at a tail gate party in a crowded parking lot before a football game and an evil person shows up and starts gunning down people, who would you want next to you? A drunk or a sober armed and trained American Patriot.
Far more likely of getting killed driving to the game than being at the game, unless of course, you're a team from the AFC North, they get killed all the time.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

f.a.s.t. wrote:Until isis or some other illegal or someone with severe mental illness shows up and starts killing people. If you are standing there, your best hope to live is to have a sober and responsible gun owner there to protect you, your family and all other innocent life. We can not have an armed law enforcement official on every street corner, every tail gate party, every aisle-its just impossible. So, if you're sitting at a tail gate party in a crowded parking lot before a football game and an evil person shows up and starts gunning down people, who would you want next to you? A drunk or a sober armed and trained American Patriot.
I'm not sure where you're from, but at most sporting events in Philadelphia, there is no shortage of armed police officers or military personnel. This is similar to what I see when I'm passing through Penn Station in NYC and I feel very safe. I get more comfort seeing a man or woman in fatigues, whom I know was trained to be proficient with their M16, guarding a venue than I do by some random guy or gal. Random guys or gals do not posses the requisite training to make me feel safer than those with training and employed to protect us.

Keeping in mind I own guns and have them in my home. Aligned with my view above, I don't have my guns easily accessible. This is because I think the chances of an accident and someone getting hurt with my firearms are greater than someone coming into my home and causing us harm. That's just me.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

f.a.s.t. wrote:

II think that this should be allowed, but LIMITED to former law enforcement. It would be like having stealth police officers in the stands mixed in at random. It would be VALUABLE to the sports venues. Ordinary fans would be MUCH harder to vet and could lead to some ugliness.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dickc wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

II think that this should be allowed, but LIMITED to former law enforcement. It would be like having stealth police officers in the stands mixed in at random. It would be VALUABLE to the sports venues. Ordinary fans would be MUCH harder to vet and could lead to some ugliness.
yeah I don't think so, ya hire security and screen entrants to the venue for weapons etc, parking lot is a different story but then ya gotta store yer firearm while you are in the venue...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

:like
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

f.a.s.t. wrote:

Stadiums would then have to:

1. Not sell beer or wine inside the stadium.
2. Screen for FUI (fans under the influence) at the gates to keep out those who have had more than enough while tailgating before the game.

In addition, I'd love to see how this would work out before the games when fans of opposing teams get into arguments while tailgating.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

2. Screen for FUI (fans under the influence) at the gates to keep out those who have had more than enough while tailgating before the game.

In addition, I'd love to see how this would work out before the games when fans of opposing teams get into arguments while tailgating.
if a venue is in a right to carry state, are firearms specifically banned in the parking lots? what about in parking lots that are privately owned ( not owned by the venue, team or govt)?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:if a venue is in a right to carry state, are firearms specifically banned in the parking lots? what about in parking lots that are privately owned ( not owned by the venue, team or govt)?
Philly/PA has right to carry, no one is precluding from carrying in the parking lot. Private lot owners can refuse entry to those that carry, but I've never seen this type of screening for private lots.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote: Until isis or some other illegal or someone with severe mental illness shows up and starts killing people. If you are standing there, your best hope to live is to have a sober and responsible gun owner there to protect you, your family and all other innocent life. We can not have an armed law enforcement official on every street corner, every tail gate party, every aisle-its just impossible. So, if you're sitting at a tail gate party in a crowded parking lot before a football game and an evil person shows up and starts gunning down people, who would you want next to you? A drunk or a sober armed and trained American Patriot.
Far more likely of getting killed driving to the game than being at the game, unless of course, you're a team from the AFC North, they get killed all the time.
Yo .. Touché :-)

In Foxboro, we already have this in place. How can you miss them? They test after each Patriot score :lol:
(Rest of NFL is always playing catch up.)

Outside, at a Foxboro tailgate party, there are limited firearm restrictions.
Fred or Billy or Jimmy or Mac aren't gonna sit idly by and watch Allah Akbar impressions.

If Daesh shows up in the Pittsburg parking lot, you could 'yellow towel slap' the mutant into submission.

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:

if a venue is in a right to carry state, are firearms specifically banned in the parking lots? what about in parking lots that are privately owned ( not owned by the venue, team or govt)?
Point taken. There may be arms in the parking lot already in some states.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe