Monday, 7th ....

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Monday, 7th ....

Post by MrsG »

Beautiful day out there .... guns going at top of Ramshead, down Caper .... also appeared top-to-bottom on Powerline! Was surprised at production, as the temp at Peak was near 40. Surface scratchy in areas .... sure it's softening up this afternoon - 48.4 here at 2200'!

Another photo test :mrgreen:
Attachments
TopK127.JPG
TopK127.JPG (75.34 KiB) Viewed 716 times
TopK27.jpg
TopK27.jpg (96.77 KiB) Viewed 716 times
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: Monday, 7th ....

Post by Atomic1 »

Beautiful !
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Spring skiing in December... :lol:
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

yup another beauty. with the lack of crowd, conditions remained pretty good throughout. would even call skye lark rotd. nice to let em rip on the flat & fast granular surface. though they skied better today, supe headwall & upper chute remained on the OAD (one & done) list. surprised by the guns going on powerline & fis (especially at 40 degrees) but apparently they're desperate to blow whenever & wherever they can.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Until there is more terrain to ski off of Superstar (which could be a while based on the current forecast), K should close the lift at Noon and re-groom Skye Lark on weekends. With multiple groomers, they should be able to get this done in a reasonable amount of time. Jiminy used to do this on a run that is even longer for the night skiers.
powday
Black Carver

Post by powday »

Great pics MrsG!
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

First day back since before T-Day. Can't say I miss the Peak Walkway. Great weather with not a cloud all day and only light wind. Conditions held up well due to light crowds (except for Skyelark which was much slicker in the afternoon than the Glades and Snowdon were). No softening despite sun and moderate temps so not spring skiing in December. Temp was 32F when I left the mountain at 3:30, so I'm sure the snowmaking will be ramped up shortly.