Defending the Title

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
brownman
Postinator

Re: Defending the Title

Post by brownman »

Yes, new England Patriot Nation is indeed disappointed today.
Although, unlike fans with no recent success history, we turn the page.

We take solace living in a Region where Championships are abundant. :Toast
Our memories are clear and vivid and we look forward to the next pursuit.

Side note ... Annabel OMG :shock:

:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:I don't think anyone gets by Carolina. It would have been fun to see the Pats try though. Gronk was incredible at the end yesterday. He could barely run and made two incredible catches. The game was lost on the line. They could not protect Brady nor run the ball. With out a running game play action doesn't work and against a good defense you can't pass every down. Much of the game Denver only rushed 3 which let them double up on our threats. Oh well, very entertaining game.
carolina barely won vs seattle, they are beatable, don;t think the pats had the team available to do so even if they had advanced but carolina is beatable...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

madhatter wrote:
freeski wrote:I don't think anyone gets by Carolina. It would have been fun to see the Pats try though. Gronk was incredible at the end yesterday. He could barely run and made two incredible catches. The game was lost on the line. They could not protect Brady nor run the ball. With out a running game play action doesn't work and against a good defense you can't pass every down. Much of the game Denver only rushed 3 which let them double up on our threats. Oh well, very entertaining game.
carolina barely won vs seattle, they are beatable, don;t think the pats had the team available to do so even if they had advanced but carolina is beatable...
Sorry but I can't see that happening.

Wish it would on one hand.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Killington and Denver both need Julios :?: :lol:
Forever .. Goat Path
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

I'm still trying to understand Belichick not kicking a field goal on fourth down earlier in the quarter when he had the chance. That would've made Gronk's catch the game winning TD without the need to make the two pointer to tie. I didn't see the postgame interviews so maybe he explained his reasoning but, at least to me, it didn't make sense at the time and, clearly in hindsight with the way things worked out, he should've taken he three points when he could.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Bubba wrote:
I'm still trying to understand Belichick not kicking a field goal on fourth down earlier in the quarter when he had the chance. That would've made Gronk's catch the game winning TD without the need to make the two pointer to tie. I didn't see the postgame interviews so maybe he explained his reasoning but, at least to me, it didn't make sense at the time and, clearly in hindsight with the way things worked out, he should've taken he three points when he could.
He didn't explain it, he never does.

Nor does he have to.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:
w how the patriots were moving the ball I'm not sure he thought they were going to get down there again, thats how I reasoned it at the time anyway, yeah in hindsight a whole lot coulda been done differently, vegas s/b happy anyway... They didn;t defer after the opening coin toss either, didn't score and gave up a TD on denvers first possession ,by the time the missed PAT occurred the voodoo had clearly been released... :roll:
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Not deferring most def backfired :dislike
That gets added into the coaching '2nd-guessing' in their last 4 games.

I agree, the 4th qtr non-FG was likely them fearing they would not get the ball down there again.
Gostkowski can be forgiven ... they had lots of chances to recover from that.

Denver 'unleashing the hounds' looked mighty familiar to a few Giant fans :bang

Orange crush will be an asterisk in the Lombardi 50 game.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path