Sad, so sad......

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
junior
Signature Poster

Sad, so sad......

Post by junior »

....that we just woke up to another 8 to 12 of fluffy fresh.

Watched the 1st game at Garfs with lots and lots of Bronco fans and some Pats fans as well. Place was packed and nuts.

Glad we were able to ski right up to kickoff (which was at 1 out here) and the whole bar took a very powdery Eagle Bahn run at halftime. Didn't miss a play.

The 2nd game was so anticlimactic after the 1st one. Not very competitive to say the least.

Anyway, looks like about a foot of fluff and still snowing. Gonna be hard to leave here tomorrow, but will get in a few runs before heading back to Denver at noon.

1st chair in 2.5 hours. Not sad, not so sad after all..........

Psst....any of you guys want an AFC championship t-shirt, straight from the source?
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Re: Sad, so sad......

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:....that we just woke up to another 8 to 12 of fluffy fresh.

Watched the 1st game at Garfs with lots and lots of Bronco fans and some Pats fans as well. Place was packed and nuts.

Glad we were able to ski right up to kickoff (which was at 1 out here) and the whole bar took a very powdery Eagle Bahn run at halftime. Didn't miss a play.

The 2nd game was so anticlimactic after the 1st one. Not very competitive to say the least.

Anyway, looks like about a foot of fluff and still snowing. Gonna be hard to leave here tomorrow, but will get in a few runs before heading back to Denver at noon.

Psst....any of you guys want an AFC championship t-shirt, straight from the source?
Do you have any photos of the fans in Garfs to post here for all to enjoy?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:....that we just woke up to another 8 to 12 of fluffy fresh.

Do you have any photos of the fans in Garfs to post here for all to enjoy?
Sorry buddy, I do not. You can picture the scene though. Outright chaos. If you weren't inside drinking and watching the game, you were out on the deck over the Gondi and Born Free Chair smoking that potent and legal Colorado bud. Most were doing both.

Great day all around. Stellar powder, stellar football, stellar smokeables, stellar people. Gets harder and harder to leave here every trip. Breck and AB also skied stellar. Hit all 3 including Vail.

Leaving here tomorrow is gonna make me sad.....so sad. Be back in Feb, March, and April though. Can't come quick enough for me. 2 hours to first chair. Little Diner time with the wife (who actually took up skiing out here for the first time in 8 years). I forgot how much fun it is to ski with her, even though it's pretty much green/blue trails with her. Nothing better than skiing with the ones you love. Family first, and a ski family is even ahead of that. Makes me happy......so happy.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Coydog wrote:Image
Isn't it sad, so sad that these two bozos have to live vicariously thru the lives of Bronco's fans.

Why, you ask.

Because their teams were sitting at home watching the game.

Sad, so sad for them and their teams.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

junior wrote:Nothing better than skiing with the ones you love.

Family first, and a ski family is even ahead of that. Makes me happy......so happy.
:like
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

So confusing ... is this a sad or happy narrative ?

No fickle here :!:
I'm certain 8" makes my wife happy.
8 years would be a non-starter.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:
I'm certain 8" makes my wife happy.

:Toast
Just do her twice and you're good. :wink:

Probably my best day of the season today. Gonna ski for 2 hours in the morning and off to DEN.

Makes me sad....so sad to leave here again.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:So confusing ... is this a sad or happy narrative ?
Sad, cause we're leaving today. Happy, because 1st chair is in 50 minutes and we have 2.5 hours to rip it up before leaving.

So.....some happy, some sad...but mostly happy because we had another wonderful week here in heaven. Lots of POW stashes to be tracked up this morning.

Gets harder to leave here each trip, but it'll be good to see the kids tonight.

Sad, then happy, then a little more sad, then happy again. That make sense Brownie?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yo. Got it 8)
Quite an arc on that pendulum.
:seeya
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

brownman wrote:Yo. Got it 8)

Effortless trip home. Wheels up to wheels down 3:02.

In my own bed right now. That makes me sad, so sad.

My lovely wife is laying next to me in a very sexy "Lookout" t shirt. That makes me happy, so happy.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:

My lovely wife is laying next to me in a very sexy "Lookout" t shirt. That makes me happy, so happy.
Did she wake up in the morning still wearing the sexy "Lookout" t shirt? If she did; sad, so sad.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:

Did she wake up in the morning still wearing the sexy "Lookout" t shirt? If she did; sad, so sad.
Yes, she did. She likes wearing that t-shirt to bed. That one, and a couple of NY Ranger t-shirts as well. (Ones that we got at the playoff games over the last few years).

And just an FYI, neither one of us woke up "sad, so sad" this morning.