NFL strength of Schedule 2016

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Re: NFL strength of Schedule 2016

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
junior wrote:Actually, I grabbed all 3 kids and got the hell out of Dodge as soon as the 3rd period ended. Home in just under 5 hours. Nothing like the top down on the Turbo S flying through the West Pennsylvania night at a buck after a great win for our boys.

Agree on the Stadium thing completely. If you want to come up to da Bronks for a game this summer, just say the word. Be happy to take you to one. Just so you know, the real history there was across the street, but the ghosts are still in the rafters of the new building.

Lemme know when you wanna come up for a game. It's on me.

And yes, The Princess was nowhere to be seen last night. Neither was his boyfriend Yvonne......
That's not a bad drive at all. Won't be able to get to NYC this summer or fall. We already have several trips planned, will have to make it in the next year or two-thanks for the great offer. I regret I never went to the old Yankee Stadium, but to see the new stadium would be great and I'm sure I would still feel the history. I know I'll especially like to visit Monument Park-my favorite Yankee ever is Lou Gehrig.

I give The Czarrette a one game pass since he is not playoff ready from injury-that's it-a one game pass. This was the type of game where The Princess is supposed to come through and carry the team-he failed again like so many times before.
Once we were out of the "city" proper, it was a nice smooth sail all the way home. Haven't been to Pittsburgh in a while, but we'll be there for game 5 and maybe we'll take some time and check out the city itself. Anything in particular we shouldn't miss? I'll be with two 12 year olds and an 11 year old. May come down a day early to check out the city. Anything we shouldn't miss?
Two places to stay either The Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown or across the Monongahela River at Station Square. The Wyndham Grand is right next to Point Park State Park where there are great views of the three rivers and Mount Washington; and both PNC Park and Heinz Field. There's a really good museum in Point Park State Park that tells the early history of the area when the French and English were fighting it out over control of the continent. The last time I was at the museum the Canadians were playing the Pens and there were dozens of Quebecois there checking out their part of history in the area. You might even be able to walk to the Consol Arena from there. A walk can take you past the PPG building, one of the prettiest buildings in the country and through Market Square another popular area. A walk in the other direction across the Roberto Clemente Bridge will take you to PNC Park and Heinz Field.

Across the Monongahela River is Station Square with hotels, bars and restaurants. From there you can ride up the Incline to the top of Mount Washington with great views of the entire city and the three rivers-and of course the two stadiums-side by side. You can also take a river cruise up and down the rivers from Station Square. When the Pirates and Steelers are playing a lot of people park at Station Square and take the river boats to the game. I think there's a River Boat (affiliated with a long time Native "Froggy" who has passed) that might be a good one if you see and want to take; although I think this one might be more of a bar type boat. Froggy was kind of a sports fan legend in the Burgh. He had a bar up on Market Street that was three stories filled with Pittsburgh Sports stuff, but the last time I was there it was closed. A lot of other sport bars over by the stadiums.

There's a Primanti Brothers in Market Square but I would go to the original one in The Strip about 2 miles from downtown up the Allegheny River.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Thanks for the info. Will def try a Primanti cheesesteak. Are they better than Gino's in Philly?

Any Zoos or Aquariums in the immediate vicinity of CONSOL or those hotels?

Maybe you can meet up for a pre game beer and Sammy?

Zoos? Aquariums?
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

junior wrote:Thanks for the info. Will def try a Primanti cheesesteak. Are they better than Gino's in Philly?

Zoos? Aquariums?
I've never had a Gino's so don't know. The Pittsburgh Zoo is huge and is considered quite good. There's an aquarium too in the city but I've never been to it so can't say if it's really good. My job/business sucks-doesn't allow me very much time to get away to get back to the Burgh.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

junior wrote:Thanks for the info. Will def try a Primanti cheesesteak. Are they better than Gino's in Philly?

Zoos? Aquariums?
IMHO, Primanti's sandwich is overrated, but the 12-year olds will think it's cool. It's not as good as a whiz with from South Philly.

For beer - Church Brew Works is pretty cool. It's a brewery inside an old church. My favorite place to get beer is Sharp Edge.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Zoos? Aquariums?
IMHO, Primanti's sandwich is overrated, but the 12-year olds will think it's cool. It's not as good as a whiz with from South Philly.

For beer - Church Brew Works is pretty cool. It's a brewery inside an old church. My favorite place to get beer is Sharp Edge.
Well you are dealing with 12 year old minds with those two so it does fit.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

junior wrote:Are they better than Gino's in Philly?
Pat's on Passyunk Ave has been the King since 1930 and my favorite.
Across the street from Geno's.
Remember to do all your borrowing in line.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

Zoos? Aquariums?

Well you are dealing with 12 year old minds with those two so it does fit.
Brilliant. 12 year old kids are 12 years old. Brilliant.