Eagles / Giants

Post here for sports discussions not related to skiing or riding
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Eagles / Giants

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

One of the ugliest games I've ever watched. I know the Eagles won, but it sure didn't give me any comfort this team is any good!
junior
Signature Poster

Re: Eagles / Giants

Post by junior »

Giants were worse. Probably the ugliest NFL game I've seen in 10 years. Maybe more.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

Only watched until half time. Did not want nightmares. Colts could have beaten either team......... :barebutt:
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Perhaps ... but more likely a zero-zero tie.
Can you decide a game by fake field goals ?

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Crazy draft picks trade between Iggles and Browns just went down. Lots of implications all around.

XJib, can you figure out who the Iggles traded that #1 pick for? What about the #2? WTF are they doing?

These are going out to 2019 I believe. Who did they want? The tackle? The RB? I don't believe that.

I bet it's for a QB pick in the years to come. Is that possible? If so, who's the QB? Franchise guy?

Very strange trade on both sides, but I can't figure out what the Iggles are going after. Very bold move on their part.

Is there a franchise QB they think they're gonna get? Who?

I can't figure out who they are trading up (or down as the case may be) for.

Are they drinking a bit early in the Philly front office this fine afternoon?

XJib, any insights here?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Eagles trade up to second pick, likely for QB Carson Wentz who they think can be their QB of the future. Not sure how Sam Bradford feels about that . What did the Eagles give up to get him there last year ? He's obviously not going to ride the pine and be second fiddle ........... stay tuned for more drama from the beagles .

So I went back and looked at last seasons move by the Eagles where they traded QB Foles to the Rams for Philadelphia's fourth-round pick in 2015 and second-round pick in 2016. They also signed Bradford for this year for 18 million dollars ! Yup at this rate maybe Jib-jabs grandchildren will see the Eagles win a Super bowl ! MAYBE !
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Atomic1 wrote:Eagles trade up to second pick, likely for QB Carson Wentz who they think can be their QB of the future. Not sure how Sam Bradford feels about that . What did the Eagles give up to get him there last year ? He's obviously not going to ride the pine and be second fiddle ........... stay tuned for more drama from the beagles .

So I went back and looked at last seasons move by the Eagles where they traded QB Foles to the Rams for Philadelphia's fourth-round pick in 2015 and second-round pick in 2016. They also signed Bradford for this year for 18 million dollars ! Yup at this rate maybe Jib-jabs grandchildren will see the Eagles win a Super bowl ! MAYBE !
There were 3 other picks involved with the trade. Unless they catch lightning in a bottle with the first one (2nd pick) , they've mortgaged their future for at least the next 5 to 10 years.

That's why I can't figure out what they did and why they did it.

Look at the other 3 "future" picks involved with that trade. Do you understand what they did? I don't. Maybe your advanced football mind can help out with my ignorance, because I cannot figure out what they did. Going after Wentz is one thing, and nothing is going to guarantee they get him with that pick, but there were 3 other picks involved. The Browns will take those picks and get much more and much better than the Iggles, and much faster as well.

I do not understand the trade by Philly. Help....