Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Sir Wanksalot
Green Skidder

Pole:

Post by Sir Wanksalot »

how much r u paying rite now for;

1 gallon of gas

1 gallon of milk

1 gallon of bottles water (or 4 1 liter bottles if that is easier or 2 50 oz bottles if that is easier for conversation)

Pls answer in oder.

me:

gas $2.03 for supper Sun-Wed (special price)

milk (wawa ) hi end but not orgranic $2.79

water (Fugi brand from pacific rim) $3.98 for 100 oz at hole foods so about $4.50 per gallon if i use extrapolation.
Sir Wanksalot
Green Skidder

Post by Sir Wanksalot »

u can add booze to as #4

me:

10 beers @ $4.00 six pack = close to $8 but not quite. $8 wood be for 12 beers. so thats say $7.00 a gallon
Sir Wanksalot
Green Skidder

Post by Sir Wanksalot »

just what i thougt. major wake up call

every one just needs to SFTU re: gas prices. i am tired of it.
robrules
Poster Child Poster

Post by robrules »

Sir Wanksalot wrote:u can add booze to as #4

me:

10 beers @ $4.00 six pack = close to $8 but not quite. $8 wood be for 12 beers. so thats say $7.00 a gallon
$4 a six pack? Whatta you drinking, Natty light?

Real beer up here goes for anywhere from $7 - $10 a sixer. Once in while you can get Smutty IPA on sale for $6 a sixpack. Paid $9.28 last night for a six of Lagunitas Pils - worth every penny. Life is too short to drink crap beer.
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

gas: dunno. Only fill up the commuter car once every 5-6 weeks and don't remember what I paid last time - ''bout a month ago. Wife fills up the truck, since she drives it Probably $2.25 or so but don't know for sure.

milk: dunno. drink it, but I don't do the shopping.

beer: $14 for a 12 pack of Long Trail last time I was up at K.
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre

shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Gas $2.35, 92 octane in Beverly Ma, in Woodstock $2.37

CoffeMate Hazelnut 2.49 32oz, don't drink milk = $4.98 Gal

Water, Market Basket, 2 Gallons for $1.00 = $.50 Gal

Long Trail 9.99 a tweleve pack at Market Basket in HN no deposit $4.44 a gal.

Wow, I guess I'm drinking water from now on......
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
NOT
Last edited by shortski on Apr 21st, '05, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

BigKahuna13 wrote:gas: dunno. Only fill up the commuter car once every 5-6 weeks and don't remember what I paid last time - ''bout a month ago. Wife fills up the truck, since she drives it Probably $2.25 or so but don't know for sure.

:shock: :shock: $14 for a 12 pack of Long Trail - where you shoppin SMan!?!?!?!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Why even look and count.
Life is short so> Buy what you want>Drink what you want>and drive what you want.

I get gas at the same place all the time because of convienence. I would have to drive out of my way<WASTE TIME/GAS> to save a couple cents> :roll:

So I don't even look at the price!
Sam Adams has been my winter beer :D
I have to drink Lactaid milk>Hey I'm not far from 50< :shock: and I think it's $3.25 a gallon but the wife would know better :lol:
We get Berkshire springs water delivered to the house weekly in 5 gal containers Plus she buy's a case of Poland Spring from ME. every week and again I have no idea of the cost but it's too much of a necessity to worry about.
The real dilema would be if we had to cut back would it be on the Beer or Water :shock:
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

OK, beer is expensive, but you drink it by the glass or bottle. Even at $16 / gal, it is fine because you drink it by the glass.
Milk is by the quart or what ever. Actually I pay .99 / pint now. excessive I admit, but a necessity for my needs. Again, I only drink about 1/2 pint per day.
GAS? I drive an average of 40K miles / year. At 22 mpg, that is many gallons. This includes business and personal miles. At 2.20 per gal, it gets expensive to operate a vehicle.
BUT you make a good point that it is relative. 1970 gas prices were about .25 cents / gal. A car averaged about $2500. Now, the same type car, which you can't really buy, is up around $15000 to $20000 vs gas at 2.25/gal. Maybe gas missed the inflation thing in the 70's and 80's and is making up for it? That plus the Chnesse and everyone else is using what we used to take.

Screw it, if you can afford it, buy it. If you can't, take public transportation
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

If I drink regular milk I get FREE GAS :lol:
BigKahuna13
Site Admin

Post by BigKahuna13 »

MrsG wrote:
BigKahuna13 wrote:gas: dunno. Only fill up the commuter car once every 5-6 weeks and don't remember what I paid last time - ''bout a month ago. Wife fills up the truck, since she drives it Probably $2.25 or so but don't know for sure.

:shock: :shock: $14 for a 12 pack of Long Trail - where you shoppin SMan!?!?!?!
Killington Village Market. I know they're supposed to be overpriced, but for a one off purchase I'm not gonna drive all the way to Rutland.

That was supposed to make it to Bay1 on Saturday but didn't. So they're sitting in the condo awaiting my return.......
What is not possible is not to choose. ~Jean-Paul Sartre