Thursday pm report:)))))

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Thursday pm report:)))))

Post by MrsG »

. . . and, you're all wondering why so late . . . well, some Bay1s (Superstar's) turn into Grist porch sunsets . . . as did today :lol: :lol:

Got on one of the first Superstar chairs . . . well maybe the 25th, but who's counting. . . and it was like winter conditions on the groomed, but not too bad . . . and, it did soften up, but not much, which is not such bad news for saving snow :wink: The precip of last night did not do too much damage . . . East Fall from the Sup chair looked exactly the same as yesterday :) We here that they closed the gondi today due to a groomer that went over the side at the hairpin turn after you get off the gondi . . . it was quite amazing to see . . . and the secret word is . . . the gondi is to open again this weekend . . . which it should, because the Canyon/Snowden area is still full of a ton of snow :D It was cool, but still a bluebird clear sky day and wonderful - I loooooooooooooooved the conditions today :wink: Our nephew had a great day, but had to go home with Uncle MrG at around 1:30 pm (great uncle) and I got to stay and ski this afternoon which I usually do not do when it's too mushy for my knees . . . it was great today!!!!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Thanks MrsG, it's nice to hear something good for a change.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Re: Thursday pm report:)))))

Post by andyzee »

MrsG wrote:. . . We here that they closed the gondi today due to a groomer that went over the side at the hairpin turn after you get off the gondi . . .
Was the gondi opened today? I thought only the Superstar Quad was supposed to be open?
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Re: Thursday pm report:)))))

Post by SPORE »

andyzee wrote:
MrsG wrote:. . . We here that they closed the gondi today due to a groomer that went over the side at the hairpin turn after you get off the gondi . . .
Was the gondi opened today? I thought only the Superstar Quad was supposed to be open?
Can you not read?

CLOSED TODAY?
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

Thanks MrsG, nice report as usual, I will be up late next W.E.
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

After that report and the closing of other resorts, I'm thinking of going up this weekend.

Andyzone.com
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

andyzee wrote:After that report and the closing of other resorts, I'm thinking of going up this weekend.
Definitely go up if you have no other commitments.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

. . . oh, by the way, forgot to mention that papaW and No.1 son did Ovation from top to bottom . . . and only had to side step on grass for a bit on the upper headwall :wink: . . . also, forgot to mention that Panic/Needles was still great - set up early . . . but, hey that's OK for you weekend folks :wink: I truly hope they re-open the K1 - there is a ton of snow on the mountain for spring skiing 8)
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

I'll be up mid week next week. If you and Mr.G are around i would love to take a couple runs with you again. I'm just gonna watch the weather and take off on the best day.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Great report that makes me wish I was there! But I'm glad your enjoying it :D
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

MrsG wrote:. . . oh, by the way, forgot to mention that papaW and No.1 son did Ovation from top to bottom . . . and only had to side step on grass for a bit on the upper headwall :wink: . . . also, forgot to mention that Panic/Needles was still great - set up early . . . but, hey that's OK for you weekend folks :wink: I truly hope they re-open the K1 - there is a ton of snow on the mountain for spring skiing 8)
How come the Ws were around midweek - are the kids off from school?
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
MrsG wrote:. . . oh, by the way, forgot to mention that papaW and No.1 son did Ovation from top to bottom . . . and only had to side step on grass for a bit on the upper headwall :wink: . . . also, forgot to mention that Panic/Needles was still great - set up early . . . but, hey that's OK for you weekend folks :wink: I truly hope they re-open the K1 - there is a ton of snow on the mountain for spring skiing 8)
How come the Ws were around midweek - are the kids off from school?
CT vacation week for the kids. Sucks because the HS kids, friends and cars, are all off and in HEAT ! Nice not to fight school traffic in the AM though.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

I remember doing that last year - on the headwall you had to ski over some evergreen bushes. Ty had a little trouble ;-)

Then on the lower headwall I called down to see if there were ski patrol (not wanting to get snagged on a closed trail) and Griz gets on to see if I needed help. Apparently he scans the FRS channels.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage