april22 report??

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

buckethead
Slalom Racer

april22 report??

Post by buckethead »

any reports on conditions today??
mostly curious about condition/existence of bumps on superstar, and any predictions on how said bumps might hold up to a bit of wet precip...
wasn't planning on returning to the new k-mart till stowe and s'bush were done...but as we know, that came too early...and forecasts suggest getting out in the r*in sooner than later might be the way to go.
haven't been up there since mid march...is there still deep cover on superstar??
thanks...
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: april22 report??

Post by MrsG »

snowpez wrote:any reports on conditions today??
mostly curious about condition/existence of bumps on superstar, and any predictions on how said bumps might hold up to a bit of wet precip...
wasn't planning on returning to the new k-mart till stowe and s'bush were done...but as we know, that came too early...and forecasts suggest getting out in the r*in sooner than later might be the way to go.
haven't been up there since mid march...is there still deep cover on superstar??
thanks...
Hi snowpez . . . and welcome to KZone:) There is a ton of snow on Superstar; and, although they have been grooming it daily,they always leave bumps on skiers right and left . . . and, of course, bumps build up on the middle as the weather warms. Today started out at 7:00 am with a temp of 32 degrees but warmed up faster than yesterday. All the open trail are still great . . . and those that skied Ovation today, still were able to ski down the whole way!! Noticed a lot of people hiked over to DD and Cascade - they both looked great as did East Fall - boy, I hope they open the K1 with all the other mountains closed. We had bluebird skies until evening - maybe the weatherman is wrong :P :P Kudos to K for keeping the Snowshed crossover trail maintained so those that want to go over to do Panic/Needles can still get back without walking - oh, and those taking Gateway over the top of Superstar and skiing all the way around - snow everywhere - wish they could truck all that wasted snow on the boardercross on Dream Maker to somewhere where it could be utilized :roll: All the 8 trails opened today were great - hope you spring lovers are on your way up to get some good runs in :wink:
Last edited by MrsG on Apr 22nd, '05, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Thanks MrsG. And Snowpez, Sugarbush is now saying that if weather permits, they will open one more day on Sunday.
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

thanks for the very thorough report...sounds great...got out to stowe tuesday but failed to plan ahead and grab a last sunny day (for now)...am intent on getting out tomorrow so long as its not pouring when i leave...

yea thanks andy too...i did hear that, but not getting my hopes up...pics of FIS on site keeping me interested though :-)
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Love Fis, one of my favorites :lol:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

...haven't been, myself - i usually ski mad river glen next door so have only made it to s'bush once - lincoln peak ...have you skiied mt. ellen ths spring? when i saw pics i kicked myself for driving BY s'bush to stowe the same day...they'd lost a lot of cover and bump height since previous thurs, and there was some walking req'd...stinky too!
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

March 17 was the last time I was up there. It was pretty good back then.

Andyzone.com
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

andyzee wrote:Love Fis, one of my favorites :lol:
lol...to look at before gaping down rim run :lol:

even your metors wouldn't save you on FIS...
shortski
:dis
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Re: april22 report??

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

snowpez wrote:any reports on conditions today??
thanks...
holy crap dude, you missed a good one...things were a bit firm until arouns 9:30 or so, but it only got better from there. Kudo's to SB for making TONS of snow this year....surprised how much is still on the hill...tomorrow should be ugly (would have to pay anyway, yeah right..lol..), so hoping to grab one more Sunday before saying goodbye to east coast riding for 2004/2005.
shortski
:dis
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Haven't had a chance to try the METRONS on FIS, but the K2s handled it very nicely thank you.

Andyzone.com
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

holy crap dude, you missed a good one...things were a bit firm until arouns 9:30 or so, but it only got better from there. Kudo's to SB for making TONS of snow this year....surprised how much is still on the hill...tomorrow should be ugly (would have to pay anyway, yeah right..lol..), so hoping to grab one more Sunday before saying goodbye to east coast riding for 2004/2005.
damn!! still not sure what possessed me to drive another 40 minutes, except that stowe was sweet a few days earlier...if s'bush had posted some pics of FIS before the 19th, i would havebeen all over that...well, here's hoping they do indeed reopen for tomorrow...
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

Tonight...Showers likely. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of r*in 70 percent.

Sunday...Becoming partly sunny. Showers likely in the morning...Then a chance of showers in the afternoon. A chance of thunderstorms late. Windy with highs around 60. Southeast winds 20 to 30 mph. Chance of r*in 70 percent.
tomorrow's forecast for sugarbush, as of 8:30 am sat.
re-appearance of the word sunny?!?
hoping....