Twinkie Recipe for Ty

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Twinkie Recipe for Ty

Post by Mister Moose »

This month marks the 75th aniversary of the Twinkie. Hostess makes 500 million of them a year, 1,000 a minute.

Here's a recipe for Twinkie Tiramisu:

Items Needed:

Box Hostess Twinkies
1/2 cup strong coffee, cooled & sweetened
1/4 cup Kahlua (optional)
1/2 gallon coffee or coffee & chocolate ice cream
Chocolate shavings or sprinkles

DIRECTIONS: Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise. Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Put five Twinkie halves, cream side up, side by side in pan. Mix coffee and Kahlua (optional); with pastry brush, apply liberally to cut side of Twinkies. Spoon about a 1/2 inch layer of softened ice cream over Twinkies. Repeat until you have used enough Twinkies & ice cream to fill the loaf pan. Cover tightly with foil and freeze several hours or overnight. This can be served from the pan in slices or unmolded, garnished with the chocolate and served. Serves about 10.

I bet that would be a hit at the B1BBQ.

"Sugar is my drug of choice"
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I'll give this recipe a try but it would be hard to keep it from melting at a B1BBQ. Might be better to prepare it for a party where you can keep it refrigerated until it is time to serve it.
RossiSkier
Bumper

Post by RossiSkier »

Dude, you should be on the FOOD NETWORK with my girl, Rachael Rae.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I'll give this recipe a try but it would be hard to keep it from melting at a B1BBQ. Might be better to prepare it for a party where you can keep it refrigerated until it is time to serve it.
End of the World Party at Bubba's Memorial Day Weekend.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

About a month ago me and my fishing bud.
went 2 wallmart 2 pick up our fishing lic.
at the check out line they had a display 4 a Twinky Deep fat fryer.....these 2 FAT chicks took a look at it and said 'look a Twinky Deep fat fryer, Let's get it"
And Chris said "Like you need that"!
Damn thoes 2 Fat chicks asses were at least 35-40" wide...and yes they were weareing s-t-r-e-c-h pants....after all we were shoping at wallmart and i would not expect anything less of the trogs (BESIDES MY SELF) that shop there.!
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.