skiladi
Double Diamond Skidder

Sugarloaf closing Sunday with 100 skiable trails

Post by skiladi »

Beam me up , Scotty! :(
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Just thank the new "Customer Oriented" ASC execs and financials. They have their money and captive audiances so who cares if they are happy or getting screwed. HELL, K has only ONE freakin chair running when even Bear Mountain could still be open. Immagine the REVENUE generated from the deck at Bear Mountain if OL were to be open. They just don't get it.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Is that a sin or what. Judging by the pics, it looks real nice too. I was thinking of heading up next week, til I saw this is the last weekend. :cry:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

Is that a sin or what. Judging by the pics, it looks real nice too. I was thinking of heading up next week, til I saw this is the last weekend.
...yea, i was starting to accept the idea of driving 7 hours...the place looks fantastic...once again operations pull back to 1 chair+superstar for an entire mega-corp...if ASC wants to be famous for long seasons theyy should try to get people up to s'loaf to ski till late may/early june...they'd have plenty of takers, i'd bet...but as was said above, they GOT theirs already.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Per Jimskime at the Loaf:

"It's r*ining right now and there are a lot of the 100 trails that I sure wouldn't want to ski and closing at the end of Maine April school vacation week has been standard practice the last four years at the least. It's over, done."

Guess this is the norm. Not a popular practice by any means. SR is supposed to shut down the 1st, but may hold on to the 15th with K. Ya just never know.

Wonder when Brenton Woods is shutting down? Now that would be sad, "Brenton Woods, NH, Longest season in New England". SAD !

Shut up and Ski!

skiladi
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by skiladi »

Dr. NO wrote:Per Jimskime at the Loaf:

"It's r*ining right now and there are a lot of the 100 trails that I sure wouldn't want to ski and closing at the end of Maine April school vacation week has been standard practice the last four years at the least. It's over, done."

Guess this is the norm. Not a popular practice by any means. SR is supposed to shut down the 1st, but may hold on to the 15th with K. Ya just never know.

Wonder when Brenton Woods is shutting down? Now that would be sad, "Brenton Woods, NH, Longest season in New England". SAD !
A couple years ago I went to the 'loaf on May 1st. The freaking snowfields were open! It was 70 degrees and we skied in tees. You just had to have your sunblock , water and a snack and not go to the base until you were done cause there was major slush and some mud. But it was a great day.
Hey , Doc. Anything worth poaching at K? I haven't put 'em away yet! ; }
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

Dr. NO wrote:closing at the end of Maine April school vacation week has been standard practice the last four years at the least.
:roll:

In other words, around the time ASC was really starting to go into the crapper, financially.

Four years is hardly "standard practice", in terms of the Loaf's history.

Does Jimskime work for ASC? :roll:
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

skiladi wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Per Jimskime at the Loaf:

A couple years ago I went to the 'loaf on May 1st. The freaking snowfields were open! It was 70 degrees and we skied in tees. You just had to have your sunblock , water and a snack and not go to the base until you were done cause there was major slush and some mud. But it was a great day.
Hey , Doc. Anything worth poaching at K? I haven't put 'em away yet! ; }
K is always poachable. Hell, some people actually have carried GATES up Superstar to have their own June 1st race. If you don't mind hiking, Canyon, Bear and Super Star and probably Needle's should be good to at least memorial day.

Shut up and Ski!