OT: Does anyone else

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

OT: Does anyone else

Post by MrsG »

. . . hate Conan O'Brien as much as I do????? I rarely stay up this late, but, you know what, when I do, I realize how much I dislike him :? :?

Oh, and on the side, I have a "truly drop-dead gorgeous" girlfriend who used to do modeling (you'd recognize her from a Calvin Klein ad), and, oh well, finally got a "real job," and was second-jobbing at a store we all know "Restorations" (or something like that) and Conan O'Brien came in to the store (in Boston) and she did not immediately show his recognition so, he made it a point to make it clear to her who he was (she obviously knew who he was) - ok, you can make your own opinion on that!?!?!?

Edit: IBDANRFWIS :wink:
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Yeah, but the chick on leno was smokin hot!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I am rarely up so late that I get to watch him. I would say he is just your regular celebrity that expects instant recognition and if he does not get it he pouts or does what he did. He probably wanted to pick her up and I am glad to hear she did not go for it. I believe he is suppose to replace Leno when Leno retires so you will probably be seeing him much more then.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

He may be a pompous ass, but he's a damn funny pompous ass. His monologues are usually hysterical.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Post by Cityskier »

He's so funny! Absolutely one of my favorites not that Letterman has given up. I actually met Conan in Riverside Park in Manhattan walking his dog one night and he was very nice.
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Re: OT: Does anyone else

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

MrsG wrote:. . . hate Conan O'Brien as much as I do????? I rarely stay up this late, but, you know what, when I do, I realize how much I dislike him :? :?

Oh, and on the side, I have a "truly drop-dead gorgeous" girlfriend who used to do modeling (you'd recognize her from a Calvin Klein ad), and, oh well, finally got a "real job," and was second-jobbing at a store we all know "Restorations" (or something like that) and Conan O'Brien came in to the store (in Boston) and she did not immediately show his recognition so, he made it a point to make it clear to her who he was (she obviously knew who he was) - ok, you can make your own opinion on that!?!?!?

wow....Mrs G....too funny...Conan made it clear who he was and you certainly made it clear who your "friend" is....I mean, really....wouldn't "I have a friend who works in a store and Conan O'Brien came in" sufficed? Noooo...you had to mention that your friend was "drop dead gorgeous and a former Calvin Klein model" (totally irrelevant to the point you were trying to make about Conan by the way), so in essence, you were doing the same thing Conan does, no? making it a point to let everyone know who exactly your friend is and her stature at one time?

interesting.....
shortski
:dis
CAPBOY
Guru Poster

Post by CAPBOY »

I think Conan the barbarian is hillarious. But I think you need half a brain to understand it. Most don't get it.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

MrsG wrote:. . . hate Conan O'Brien as much as I do????? I rarely stay up this late, but, you know what, when I do, I realize how much I dislike him :? :?

I agree.... can't stand him!! :x
David Letterman is another story..... like him a lot. Got to know him pretty well in the mid-'80's when I used to work in a Mexican Restaurant in NYC. He came in all the time and used to request my station. Very, very different in person..... quite and very humble. Used to sit and have a margaritta or two with him after my shift sometimes. Good people.
pcgrantham
Poster Child Poster

Post by pcgrantham »

Hates a strong word, usually used for letting people know your opinion of your ex-wife.
lilywhite
Double Diamond Skidder

hi Mrs G

Post by lilywhite »

I really can't stand him either!!!
Half a brain is the word-but we have more than that:)...well, except when I....
never mind:)