Are the trees changing up there?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Are the trees changing up there?

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I think we will have an early color changes down here. I noticed that there are trees already turning on the parkways. This is probably due to the fact that it's been a pretty dry summer on the south coast of LI. I think the northern part of the island has had some heavy r*ins. Today we are finally getting some much needed r*in. Our lawn has many brown spots due to the fact that we can only water on even days.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Are the trees changing up there?

Post by madhatter »

tyrolean_skier wrote:I think we will have an early color changes down here. I noticed that there are trees already turning on the parkways. This is probably due to the fact that it's been a pretty dry summer on the south coast of LI. I think the northern part of the island has had some heavy r*ins. Today we are finally getting some much needed r*in. Our lawn has many brown spots due to the fact that we can only water on even days.
not really, I suppose you can find something if you look but nothing was noticeable at K except the trails are being mowed...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

throbster wrote:

Much agreed. So annoying.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Not at K, but closer to my back yard, because of the drought the leaves are now falling along with the whole tree!

http://www.wmur.com/news/drought-increa ... d/41299934" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Big Rich
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Big Rich »

Here in Park City yesterday .... Olympic park.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (265.25 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
skinavy
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skinavy »

"Our lawn has many brown spots due to the fact that we can only water on even days.

On LI? Seriously? I grew up in West Islip- one of the great pleasures during droughts in the 70s and 80s was that we on LI could water away while NYC and CT, on their reservoirs, were dying of dehydration. Is the vaunted aquifer under the Pine Barrens finally running low? Of course, population now is probably double from 30 years ago. Or is it a Nassau/Western Suffolk/Out East thing?
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Starting to see some spotty changing in Lake Placid!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

skinavy wrote:"Our lawn has many brown spots due to the fact that we can only water on even days.

On LI? Seriously? I grew up in West Islip- one of the great pleasures during droughts in the 70s and 80s was that we on LI could water away while NYC and CT, on their reservoirs, were dying of dehydration. Is the vaunted aquifer under the Pine Barrens finally running low? Of course, population now is probably double from 30 years ago. Or is it a Nassau/Western Suffolk/Out East thing?
Town of Hempstead rules - if you have an even address then can only water on even days; odd address on odd days. Problem occurs for those with an even address when month has 31 days like August. Then it does not get watered for two days. Luckily it r*ined on the 31st. Don't know if the rest of Nassau and Suffolk counties follow that rule as well.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. 2 days .. :shock:

Green spray paint works. :like
Forever .. Goat Path
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Humpty Dumpty wrote:
throbster wrote:

Much agreed. So annoying.
That's weird . . . . I agree with Humpty !!
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Was up yesterday. Colors are starting. Very random
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

We went on our annual 3 day trip to Lake Willoughby in Westmore, VT the last weekend in August and there was practically nothing. For Labor Day weekend we went to Great Moose Lake in Central Maine and the change is underway there. It was in the low 40's at sunrise.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Did not see any significant color changes at K the last 4 days. There's always a few weak trees with color throughout the summer/fall. As far as watering lawn, I don't water nothing! :lol: We have Zoysia grass. The greatest grass in the world. When it's brutally hot, humid, dry, rainy, whatever... no problem. In the winter it turns brown and stays that way until spring. It's a pita to plant and grow initially, but worth it. The last month we've watched our neighbors pouring tens of thousands of gallons of water on their lawns only to watch them get worse than before. Dumbass people will water all freakin day and night which just kills your lawn.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

No "color" changes here in the Otter Valley but the maples are jut drying out and turn brown then fall off. Don't believe color will be very good this year.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?