Thursday, December 8th . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Thursday, December 8th . . .

Post by MrsG »

Visibility was in and out, but the surface was really good with the little bit of new snow . . . the ungroomed upper Chute was settled, but very doable and not slick at all . . . anything groomed was awesome even after noon - so nice to have decent skiing in the afternoon again :wink: Bitter opened after Sky opened and they were making snow on it. Guns a blarin' on Cascade, and it appeared that someone was cleaning out the loading area of the Canyon Quad!!! Took Ramshead first thing and cruised a beautifully groomed Caper - nice to see another section of the mountain open;) Now you Vale lot parkers can ski to Rams and head up over to Snowdon!!! I'm sure there will be pics later :mrgreen: Oh, and dress warm, today was last day in the 20's for the next ten days - was a little underdressed today and I felt it . . . time for hand and toe warmers!!!!
RustyK
Whipping Post

Re: Thursday, December 8th . . .

Post by RustyK »

Brrrr...

But the guns can go all day now,,

Where is the roll call?

Where is Happy Hour ?
ski18vt
Green Skidder

Post by ski18vt »

RustyK wrote:Brrrr...

But the guns can go all day now,,

Where is the roll call?

^what do you have, baby feet?
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

MrsG wrote:Now you Vale lot parkers can ski to Rams and head up over to Snowdon!!!
Good to know!! Thanks for that update!!! :D
Tabe
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Tabe »

Great seeing you 2 today even if it was only for liquid refreshments.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sun peaked out from behind the clouds a couple of times to highlight the snowflakes flying in the air. Summit temperature of 20 degrees with many breaking out the hand warmers. Perfect groomed packed powder trails with the residue of stale leftovers tucked off on the sides. Skier that hopped between me and my buddy bit it hard on FIS when he left the groomed surface. Wife stopped to pickup his poles leaving me to take in the show. Ran a few gondi laps taking in the nice winter weather. Rode the Vale trail to grab a Ramshead Quad ride. Caper was groomed up and riding smooth. Natural snow trails like Middle Ovation and Northstar have a great feel due to the people groomed snow. Finished the day riding the Superstar Quad with Lower Bittersweet getting a tad slick.

Grade B

Quote of the Day - Takes some hard work to enjoy a fun ski day.
Attachments
Great Northern
Great Northern
IMG_1137.jpg (78.89 KiB) Viewed 517 times
Mousetrap
Mousetrap
IMG_1150.jpg (69 KiB) Viewed 517 times
Helter Skelter
Helter Skelter
IMG_1159.jpg (87.31 KiB) Viewed 517 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.