Russian affect on election

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Russian affect on election

Post by Mister Moose »

One of the major news stories the last week has been the Russian attempt at influencing the election. It's not like we haven't tried to influence many foreign elections ourselves. All the Russians did was make public documents from the DNC and Hillary's campaign chairman. They exposed corruption. There was no deception. People still made up their own minds and voted. And here we are spending a full week's news cycles fretting over how this may have cost Hillary the election.

Harry Reid lying about Mitt not paying any taxes and affecting the election is OK, but exposing corruption is not ok?

What am I missing here... other than the fact that it is the Russians and not the British. And partisan maneuvering.....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Russian affect on election

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:One of the major news stories the last week has been the Russian attempt at influencing the election. It's not like we haven't tried to influence many foreign elections ourselves. All the Russians did was make public documents from the DNC and Hillary's campaign chairman. They exposed corruption. There was no deception. People still made up their own minds and voted. And here we are spending a full week's news cycles fretting over how this may have cost Hillary the election.

Harry Reid lying about Mitt not paying any taxes and affecting the election is OK, but exposing corruption is not ok?

What am I missing here... other than the fact that it is the Russians and not the British. And partisan maneuvering.....
brain damage sufficient enough to become a liberal? as has been noted there is ZERO proof in the report that was released....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Thank you Putin. There were many other things that hurt CANKLE, butt this helped. Also, interesting reading and insight into biased press.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Mister Moose wrote:One of the major news stories the last week has been the Russian attempt at influencing the election. It's not like we haven't tried to influence many foreign elections ourselves. All the Russians did was make public documents from the DNC and Hillary's campaign chairman. They exposed corruption. There was no deception. People still made up their own minds and voted. And here we are spending a full week's news cycles fretting over how this may have cost Hillary the election.

People's anger is misplaced. No one is putting the DNC / Hillary under the gun, only Putin, for exposing them. I guess it makes sense because the ultimate consequence for their lack of integrity and attempt at rigging is losing the election.
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:

People's anger is misplaced. No one is putting the DNC / Hillary under the gun, only Putin, for exposing them. I guess it makes sense because the ultimate consequence for their lack of integrity and attempt at rigging is losing the election.
Were they capable of reading the Republican Committee emails and if so, why not release them too.. Would be interesting to see what they were doing in the background. Then again, it might have bored one to tears! The DNC emails were entertaining to say the least! It had absolutely no impact on the voting system. No votes were nefariously changed by the Russians or Wikileaks. Its a non issue to many of us.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Watching things play out as the MI5 allegations undergo scrutiny.
Is blackmail legal in Russia. :twisted:
Forever .. Goat Path
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

brownman wrote:Watching things play out as the MI5 allegations undergo scrutiny.
Is blackmail legal in Russia. :twisted:
We have a intelligence apparatus that relies heavily on third-parties and does not consistently corroborate the third-parties conclusions. This is trouble.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:Image
How is this different than joking about gay rights 20 years ago? Or joking about Bruce Jenner? Sexual preference is sexual preference, correct? Or just the ones that are politically in fashion?
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

My apologies. Of course you're right, I'm being terribly insensitive. And as Colbert said:
Stephen Colbert wrote: I think this is just an unfortunate leak that’s making a huge mess,” Colbert said. “And I know I’m being a wet blanket, but reporting on this is the worst kind of yellow journalism. And even though jokes about this story are a golden opportunity, I just, I won’t do it! Not to say the story didn’t make a huge splash; it did. It flooded Twitter. I mean, we’ll keep you up to date as facts trickle in. We have our best researcher working on it; she’s a real whiz. And one thing is for sure: the president-elect is a Goldwater Republican who truly believes in trickle-down.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Mister Moose wrote:How is this different than joking about gay rights 20 years ago? Or joking about Bruce Jenner? Sexual preference is sexual preference, correct? Or just the ones that are politically in fashion?
Perhaps when the silent majority re-elects Trump for a second-term, they will see the err in their ways. For now, looks like status quo is maintained.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Mister Moose wrote:
Coydog wrote:Image
How is this different than joking about gay rights 20 years ago? Or joking about Bruce Jenner? Sexual preference is sexual preference, correct? Or just the ones that are politically in fashion?
Are you serious? Do you jump to the defense of Bill Clinton when people make cigar and blowjob jokes? That's what territory these memes fall in. It's not a mean spirited joke about naturally occurring traits that some people are born with such as homosexuality or their gender identity.

If Trump lied about this under oath, would you wish for him to be impeached like Clinton?

But, if you really want to go down this road.

A. Trump is married. He could have an open marriage arrangement, which is his own private right to have, but what has been alleged (or made up) is certainly frowned upon by many.

B. What has been alleged (or made up) involved prostitutes. Prostitution encourages both the exploitation of women and more importantly, the disgusting act of human trafficking to support the sex trade.

C. Also if what has been alleged (or made up) is true, the act occurred in a hotel room the Obamas had slept in per Trump's request. That just makes him a total freak. And it's okay to be a freak, but that's not the type of character many want in the White House.

I've never seen you really make arguments for Kzone be a "safe space" for Gays or Jenner as you brought up above. So, to see you jump and try and defend Golden Boy Donny is amusing to say the least.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:How is this different than joking about gay rights 20 years ago? Or joking about Bruce Jenner? Sexual preference is sexual preference, correct? Or just the ones that are politically in fashion?
Perhaps when the silent majority re-elects Trump for a second-term, they will see the err in their ways. For now, looks like status quo is maintained.
Of course in that case, "they" refers to the silent majority.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Coydog wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Of course in that case, "they" refers to the silent majority.
You knew what I meant :barebutt:
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

deadheadskier wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
It's not a mean spirited joke about naturally occurring traits that some people are born with such as homosexuality or their gender identity.
Not so sure about that. Are you born with the attraction to certain features? Why would one person be attracted to tall women and someone else be attracted to short women? Can you prove that any specific sexual preference is any more or less a commonly occurring trait than gender identity?

That's the question I was asking Coydog that you vomited all over.

deadheadskier wrote:If Trump lied about this under oath, would you wish for him to be impeached like Clinton?
Of course, if done while in office a la Clinton.
deadheadskier wrote:But, if you really want to go down this road.

A. Trump is married. He could have an open marriage arrangement, which is his own private right to have, but what has been alleged (or made up) is certainly frowned upon by many.

B. What has been alleged (or made up) involved prostitutes. Prostitution encourages both the exploitation of women and more importantly, the disgusting act of human trafficking to support the sex trade.

C. Also if what has been alleged (or made up) is true, the act occurred in a hotel room the Obamas had slept in per Trump's request. That just makes him a total freak. And it's okay to be a freak, but that's not the type of character many want in the White House.
A, B, and C are all rabid spewing on your part on unproven allegations, and are unrelated to the topic of protected sexual preference.
deadheadskier wrote:I've never seen you really make arguments for Kzone be a "safe space" for Gays or Jenner as you brought up above. So, to see you jump and try and defend Golden Boy Donny is amusing to say the least.
I'm not advocating for Kzone to be a safe space. Again you jump to agenda driven conclusions. K-zone is, and always has been fertile ground for folks like you to jump all over someone. The question was about protected sexual preference, not Kzone, and not safe spaces.

And lastly, nowhere was there any defense of The Donald's alleged behavior in anything I wrote, only in your own mind does it exist.