Please don't idle your cars Killington employees

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Re: Please don't idle your cars Killington employees

Post by killyfan »

Sorry folks - I was actually not near my computer for a day because I had to go out of town. Was not clamming up because I'm scared or anything (SnoBrdr).

Let me further explain. I'm a pro-gun rights (having owned several of my own and when I did I was a conceal-carrrier, and still go plinking on occasion) type of person who drives a 13 year old very well built car that still gets 28mpg. It is NOT a freaking Prius. I like safe cars that are well built and last a LONG time. Disposable mini-eco cars area a bad idea IMHO. For the umpteen-th F-ck--g time I am not trying to get any one person in trouble - If I was, I would have named names. I just want people to THINK about the repercussions of their actions. If you don't believe in global warming, YOU can go pound it. You're wrong and uneducated.

I'm actually pretty psyched by ALL of your responses on this thread, and this is exactly what I was hoping for when I put up the original post. I grew up in a northern, rural and very snowy state, moved here over 10 years ago after spending many winters with this as my main mountain, and all I want to do is ski on fresh snow like we used to be able to do every winter without having to take time off work and go out west or to Europe. (Which by the way, isn't in any better shape than the east coast for years now....)

The angry posters here don't scare me (ANGUS). You just prove to people like me that have brains on the top of their necks that there are a lot of inconsiderate, uneducated idiots who are selfish and don't give a rats ass about their surroundings or anybody else's who live here. Just like the person I was originally posting about...
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

killyfan wrote:Sorry folks - I was actually not near my computer for a day because I had to go out of town. Was not clamming up because I'm scared or anything (SnoBrdr).

Let me further explain. I'm a pro-gun rights (having owned several of my own and when I did I was a conceal-carrrier, and still go plinking on occasion) type of person who drives a 13 year old very well built car that still gets 28mpg. It is NOT a freaking Prius. I like safe cars that are well built and last a LONG time. Disposable mini-eco cars area a bad idea IMHO. For the umpteen-th F-ck--g time I am not trying to get any one person in trouble - If I was, I would have named names. I just want people to THINK about the repercussions of their actions. If you don't believe in global warming, YOU can go pound it. You're wrong and uneducated.

I'm actually pretty psyched by ALL of your responses on this thread, and this is exactly what I was hoping for when I put up the original post. I grew up in a northern, rural and very snowy state, moved here over 10 years ago after spending many winters with this as my main mountain, and all I want to do is ski on fresh snow like we used to be able to do every winter without having to take time off work and go out west or to Europe. (Which by the way, isn't in any better shape than the east coast for years now....)

The angry posters here don't scare me (ANGUS). You just prove to people like me that have brains on the top of their necks that there are a lot of inconsiderate, uneducated idiots who are selfish and don't give a rats ass about their surroundings or anybody else's who live here. Just like the person I was originally posting about...
Still didn't say what car you have.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

killyfan wrote:Sorry folks - I was actually not near my computer for a day because I had to go out of town. Was not clamming up because I'm scared or anything (SnoBrdr).

No good deed goes unpunished. Especially here.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

You are so correct killy fan. I have no brain within my head. Perhaps thats why I can spend my winters skiing. No education. No brain. No worries about paying my bills. I suppose my skis are free from the government. (Left overs from the obama admin). You're a joke. Bring it bitch! What do you drive? I'll figure out where you work. Lets make this economic. I'll take it out on your employer. Single out k employees that can't defend themselves on this forum. See what Karma does to you. You've started a war. Just for that I'm going tree chopping. Oh hear them scream. You tree hugging hippy . Have a nice day!
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Ok....everyone just lower the burner a tad here.....Killyfan.....quite sure your folks...as manyothers here as well....were told repeatedly in youthful years....MYOB!....you put yer nose into something...with more than a smattering of righteous indignation...that was none of yer friggin business. NOTHING can justify or give you wiggle room on this score. Dont like idling?...choose not to. Seriously...your hissy fit is something to be mocked at...not looked upon with any semblance of glowing respect or admiration. Next chapter....
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:Ok....everyone just lower the burner a tad here.....Killyfan.....quite sure your folks...as manyothers here as well....were told repeatedly in youthful years....MYOB!....you put yer nose into something...with more than a smattering of righteous indignation...that was none of yer friggin business. NOTHING can justify or give you wiggle room on this score. Dont like idling?...choose not to. Seriously...your hissy fit is something to be mocked at...not looked upon with any semblance of glowing respect or admiration. Next chapter....
The health of the environment is everybody's business - including mine and yours and Angus' and rogman's and ME2VTSkier's, and de Pimp's etc... It's ALL of our business. Some of us care, some of us don't. Everybody has their own right to care or not, and everybody has their own right to NOT mind their own business. Remember... we live in the United States. If you think this thread is drivel stop freaking reading it.

Not sure why ANGUS and Woodsrider are so angry at me. They are talking like I (and my employer for some odd reason) need to be taken out. That's a bit over the top I'd say. Tone down the testosterone and continue the conversation like intelligent adults that you claim to be. Give me some data on why you're right and I'm wrong. You're a pretty emotional about this - back it up with proof please. Oh and yiddle, I'm not looking for admiration here. If I was, I'd be posting under my own name. My parents raised me to speak up when I want to be heard. There were 5 kids in the family and it was loud in our house. Again, this thread was to get people talking - and it seems to have worked. :-)
Last edited by killyfan on Mar 2nd, '17, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Only because I don't want you overly emotional forum posters to slash my tires.... I can't afford to replace them right now.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

A cleansing fire: Moral outrage alleviates guilt and buffers threats to one’s moral identity
Authors
Authors and affiliations

Zachary K. RothschildEmail authorLucas A. Keefer
Zachary K. Rothschild1
Email author
Lucas A. Keefer2
Department of PsychologyBowdoin CollegeBrunswickUSA
University of Southern MississippiHattiesburgUSA
Original Paper
First Online: 25 February 2017

Abstract
Why do people express moral outrage? While this sentiment often stems from a perceived violation of some moral principle, we test the counter-intuitive possibility that moral outrage at third-party transgressions is sometimes a means of reducing guilt over one’s own moral failings and restoring a moral identity. We tested this guilt-driven account of outrage in five studies examining outrage at corporate labor exploitation and environmental destruction. Study 1 showed that personal guilt uniquely predicted moral outrage at corporate harm-doing and support for retributive punishment. Ingroup (vs. outgroup) wrongdoing elicited outrage at corporations through increased guilt, while the opportunity to express outrage reduced guilt (Study 2) and restored perceived personal morality (Study 3). Study 4 tested whether effects were due merely to downward social comparison and Study 5 showed that guilt-driven outrage was attenuated by an affirmation of moral identity in an unrelated context.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 017-9601-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

GSKI wrote:A cleansing fire: Moral outrage alleviates guilt and buffers threats to one’s moral identity
Authors
Authors and affiliations

Zachary K. RothschildEmail authorLucas A. Keefer
Zachary K. Rothschild1
Email author
Lucas A. Keefer2
Department of PsychologyBowdoin CollegeBrunswickUSA
University of Southern MississippiHattiesburgUSA
Original Paper
First Online: 25 February 2017

Abstract
Why do people express moral outrage? While this sentiment often stems from a perceived violation of some moral principle, we test the counter-intuitive possibility that moral outrage at third-party transgressions is sometimes a means of reducing guilt over one’s own moral failings and restoring a moral identity. We tested this guilt-driven account of outrage in five studies examining outrage at corporate labor exploitation and environmental destruction. Study 1 showed that personal guilt uniquely predicted moral outrage at corporate harm-doing and support for retributive punishment. Ingroup (vs. outgroup) wrongdoing elicited outrage at corporations through increased guilt, while the opportunity to express outrage reduced guilt (Study 2) and restored perceived personal morality (Study 3). Study 4 tested whether effects were due merely to downward social comparison and Study 5 showed that guilt-driven outrage was attenuated by an affirmation of moral identity in an unrelated context.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 017-9601-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ahhhh.... I had a "feeling" about this.... Thanks for the validation!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

killyfan wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
Only because I don't want you overly emotional forum posters to slash my tires.... I can't afford to replace them right now.
So you have the only model of that car?

I just think you're a DB who likes to throw bombs and then cry when you are called on it.

But the world is full of people such as yourself.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

.. actually, in one of his dissertations above, he appears to admit to being a disgruntled employee.
Big difference between being green and being fired.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

...how MOST Zoners envision Squeallyfan
Attachments
homerbart.jpg
homerbart.jpg (10.81 KiB) Viewed 553 times
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

brownman wrote:.. actually, in one of his dissertations above, he appears to admit to being a disgruntled employee.

Ah, if that is true it throws a whole new light on the subject.

Like I believe Bubba said, he should have done this privately and not tossed a whole bunch of people under the bus by making a unsubstantiated claim.

By besmirching a whole group of L employees he is just being a DB but maybe that's part of his being disgruntled.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

SnoBrdr wrote:
brownman wrote:.. actually, in one of his dissertations above, he appears to admit to being a disgruntled employee.

Like I believe Bubba said, he should have done this privately and not tossed a whole bunch of people under the bus by making a unsubstantiated claim.

By besmirching a whole group of L employees he is just being a DB but maybe that's part of his being disgruntled.
Probably K employees as well.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

junior wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Probably K employees as well.
This from the guy who screws up Godfather quotes.

Go back into your hole.