Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Season Pass pricing explained

Post by Bubba »

Kpdemello wrote:
Bubba wrote:
daytripper wrote: More mountain biking trails and other summer excitement. Mike spent quite a bit of time explaining why their capital has gone to the "non-sexy" stuff for winter, i.e. snowmaking, over the past few years.
Are they doing more mountain biking trail expansion in summer of 2017? Any word on what and where?
Yes, they're continuing the expansion of trails at Ramshead and adding some progressive learning terrain. I don't mountain bike so I didn't pay very close attention to the details.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

I'm seriously considering Stowe next year.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Highway Star wrote:I'm seriously considering Stowe next year.
You are going to be so missed. Make sure you check in from time to time. End of an error sad so sad.

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

shortski wrote:
You are going to be so missed. Make sure you check in from time to time. End of an error sad so sad.

Great play on words but he probably won't get it.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I'd be happy to pay more for a pass if you would just leave! :P

DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

I'm already "gone" (I purchased a Cannon pass for next season), but I'm curious if one other pass option was thought of, similar to Sugarbush's value pass at $549 (North is unlimited, but South is only midweek/blackouts involved) where Pico is unlimited, and Killington is blacked out all Saturdays and the "regular" blackout periods with NO floaters (and I know what you Pico regulars are saying, "No way, keep the heck out of here!"). I know I'm not the only one that has zero interest in the busy periods at K...unlike a few posts here, the majority of "blackout" pass people I've been talking to seem to be similar to me where they don't use all their floaters, and have used the "beast bucks" to pay/ chip-in when they bring guests (and buy the Ktix not to supplement themselves, but for family/friends).
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DES wrote:I'm already "gone" (I purchased a Cannon pass for next season), but I'm curious if one other pass option was thought of, similar to Sugarbush's value pass at $549 (North is unlimited, but South is only midweek/blackouts involved) where Pico is unlimited, and Killington is blacked out all Saturdays and the "regular" blackout periods with NO floaters (and I know what you Pico regulars are saying, "No way, keep the heck out of here!"). I know I'm not the only one that has zero interest in the busy periods at K...unlike a few posts here, the majority of "blackout" pass people I've been talking to seem to be similar to me where they don't use all their floaters, and have used the "beast bucks" to pay/ chip-in when they bring guests (and buy the Ktix not to supplement themselves, but for family/friends).
yeah that might have been a viable option and a boon for pico...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

I'm glad you highlighted that section, now the Pico regulars can yell at you instead of me! But honestly, the only blackout people I've talked to that use all their floaters are teachers (or work in a school system).
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

DES wrote:I'm glad you highlighted that section, now the Pico regulars can yell at you instead of me! But honestly, the only blackout people I've talked to that use all their floaters are teachers (or work in a school system).
I know many teachers who buy a full pass and always have.
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Oh, no doubt...and I understand my "market research" has been biased because I'm only asking on Sundays or mid-week, not during the "black-out" periods...(I'm mostly being selfish just because even though I'm not going to purchase property around Cannon, I am going to purchase a place at wherever I choose for the next season...I'm assuming it will be Jay Peak (with the housing prices dropping up there because of their issues, but if K had "kept me", it would have been in the K area)).
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

DES wrote:Oh, no doubt...and I understand my "market research" has been biased because I'm only asking on Sundays or mid-week, not during the "black-out" periods...(I'm mostly being selfish just because even though I'm not going to purchase property around Cannon, I am going to purchase a place at wherever I choose for the next season...I'm assuming it will be Jay Peak (with the housing prices dropping up there because of their issues, but if K had "kept me", it would have been in the K area)).
Where are prices dropping at J?
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Hey, I'm already doing free marketing research for K, I'm not doing the real estate homework for you! (then you may be bidding against me on a place! But just take a look at how long some posting have been "on the market" up there...not as many buyers as seller with turbulence)
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

DES wrote:Hey, I'm already doing free marketing research for K, I'm not doing the real estate homework for you! (then you may be bidding against me on a place! But just take a look at how long some posting have been "on the market" up there...not as many buyers as seller with turbulence)
Not in the market as we have 2 places at K already.
Seacoaster
Bumper

Post by Seacoaster »

DES wrote:Oh, no doubt...and I understand my "market research" has been biased because I'm only asking on Sundays or mid-week, not during the "black-out" periods...(I'm mostly being selfish just because even though I'm not going to purchase property around Cannon, I am going to purchase a place at wherever I choose for the next season...I'm assuming it will be Jay Peak (with the housing prices dropping up there because of their issues, but if K had "kept me", it would have been in the K area)).
So true, prices at Jay are far less than in Killington. We recently went through this evaluation and Killington was still a far better answer. Perhaps the distinguishable difference for us is that we were looking for a residence and not just a ski house. I could have saved $200K and gotten more house in Jay. However, in Killington, I got the longest season in the East, a geographically accessible area, I travel for work, so this was critical. And the number one rated elementary school in the state of Vt. Looking forward, I believe the real estate has a far greater upside potential as well over Jay. Ktown has made huge moves in the last 3 years to become a year round resort and that will pay dividends. We can still get anything we need in West Lebanon or Rutland. Jay is essentially in Canada with the nearest accessible place for life necessities being over the border or St Johnsbury. Same scenario played itself out with Sugarloaf as we are loafers at heart, but there is no infrastructure to support your existence.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

SnoBrdr wrote:
DES wrote:Hey, I'm already doing free marketing research for K, I'm not doing the real estate homework for you! (then you may be bidding against me on a place! But just take a look at how long some posting have been "on the market" up there...not as many buyers as seller with turbulence)
Not in the market as we have 2 places at K already.
Right now you're not gonna find a better deal on condos than K. All condo prices are about as low as they can go.