Sunday, May 21:)

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Sunday, May 21:)

Post by MrsG »

Ok, I'll let the pros report the conditions, as I wimped on the skiing portion of another great afternoon .... but do want to report that some of us watched madhatter and coydog put on a great bump display from the UBar for the last hour plus of the day - must say, madhatter was truly ripping it up on the bumps on lower Sup - great job :D :wink:
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Re: Sunday, May 21:)

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Today was mostly cloudy but the sun did pop out in the late afternoon. Did not get out early due to the texts I got from the mountain telling me it was pretty solid. Once I got there the moguls on middle Superstar had the best lines. There were no lines today so you were able to get more runs in. The snow got better and was probably best at the end of the day. I lasted until 4:30 when my legs totally gave out on me. I did take a few breaks in between making runs. Lots of good mogul skiers were on the mountain today and some of them usually ski at Hunter. The partying on the access road by Kzoners went on until it started r*ining around 7.
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report. Not much to add. Almost as good as Saturday. Better when the sun came out obviously which was 2:00 or so.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

great day out there, I need to hire Mrs G as my publicist!!!we were all having a great time out there...Lots of great bumpers on the hill, truly a blast just trying to keep up w some of em... :Toast

Kzone has also been reaching epic culinary heights as well, pork loin, gravlax, bison, tuna, asparagus and ramps, farm fresh beef, grilled veggies and a whole smorgasbord of goodies all weekend long...might have been some decent beer around too... :wink:

bike park gets added to the mix for next weekend...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Fantastic 3 days of bumping at the Beast.

Anyone see that Moose on the hill?

He makes a fine scoop of ice cream too.

A surprise appearance by the Mrs.

A surprise appearance by the Caped Crusader.

“The true crimefighter always carries everything he needs in his utility belt, Robin”

Awesome crew on and off the mountain. Here’s to next weekend.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Wrap up this beautiful weekend to savior as it was worthy. Cloudy cooler than expected Friday was followed by a most glorious sunny Saturday with a sometimes sunny Sunday finish. First run on Friday Afternoon I knew everyone’s name standing atop the Superstar glacier except for one skier so I introduced myself. Find that I enjoy running the bumps when I look around and know everyone. Minor grooming took place overnight with Saturday then checking in as the perfect spring ski day. Large crowd showed up celebrate the warm weather and soft bumps with a fairly decent lift line building up by the afternoon. Shouts of “single” could be heard as two bodies per chair were allowed to carry their gear on for the ride up. One of the young regulars rode the chair 49 times missing making his 50th run by seconds. Corn production kicked into high gear as the slope came popping to life. Seemed as if every true mogul lover on the East Coast was present. Bumps by Sunday were large and in charge. Reload time as the fun kicks in a gear again on Friday Morning.

Quote of the Day - Time to hobble back to the snow for some more laps.
Attachments
Headwall Dancing
Headwall Dancing
IMG_4382.jpg (77.75 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
May Liftline
May Liftline
IMG_4297.jpg (110.29 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
Super Bumpy
Super Bumpy
IMG_4368.jpg (105.96 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Sunday was another great day for delectables, bumps & beers. Much fewer people than Saturday which left a much higher concentration of rippin' bumpers. Hoping to see some of Mr. Moose's videos.

Coydog.

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

liv4ski wrote:Sunday was another great day for delectables, bumps & beers. Much fewer people than Saturday which left a much higher concentration of rippin' bumpers. Hoping to see some of Mr. Moose's videos.

Coydog.

good rippin' there dog...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

I had a feeling it would be a little more crowded on Saturday, that picture of the line at the lift is pretty funny for this late in the season (people standing on grass)...I skied Friday & Sunday, heard I missed a good on Saturday but don't feel as bad now looking at the lineup!
Bumper

Post by 180 »

Stellar weekend on all accounts. 2 x2 on the lift kept the trail from getting too crowded. Getting sad thinking its coming to the end.....
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I haven't done any editing of the video I shot yet, but here's some footage from someone else that was shooting that day. He also caught the "Charge of the Hunters" and you can see me at one point videoing.

more recent footage

liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

^^Those are outstanding. Best SS bump vids I have ever seen.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

liv4ski wrote:^^Those are outstanding. Best SS bump vids I have ever seen.
yeah excellent perspective and editing....good job...moose ya got yer work cut out for ya...and feel free to cut all my crappy flailing out!!!
mach es sehr schnell

liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

madhatter wrote:bike park gets added to the mix for next weekend...
Bringing the bikes on Saturday? Last year was great.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

liv4ski wrote:
madhatter wrote:bike park gets added to the mix for next weekend...
Bringing the bikes on Saturday? Last year was great.
I plan to...
mach es sehr schnell