Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
madhatter wrote:Al Franken To Announce Resignation Tomorrow, Democratic Official Confirms

:seeya
Good to see.

Now the Alabama pedophile should follow his lead.
franken is stepping down because he's guilty and admits he is guilty of the allegations....There is credifble tangible evidence of this and it has occurred recently...

accusations against moore go back 40 years and are based solely on the accounts of people who are represented by gloria allred who has a reputation as less than honest at best...

he also cannot be replaced on the ballot at this date according to alabama law...

then of course there's this longstanding track record of this:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/12/05/lef ... qus_thread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the maddening trend where allegations of sexual assault against Republicans seem to surface only weeks before the date of a general election—not during primaries
the lefts calls vs franken are virtually meaningless because they have no repercussions for the D's whatsoever....The D governor will simply appoint a new D to take his place...just a bunch of meaningless posturing from the D's in order to falsely lay claim to the high ground in an attempt to overturn the results of the Alabama special election when they lose...

also from that article is a premise that the left, as a result of years of MSM coverup is infested w numerous offenders, wherein the right as a result of being called out for even the most minuscule of offenses is forced to keep a much tidier house...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote:
the lefts calls vs franken are virtually meaningless because they have no repercussions for the D's whatsoever....The D governor will simply appoint a new D to take his place...just a bunch of meaningless posturing from the D's in order to falsely lay claim to the high ground in an attempt to overturn the results of the Alabama special election when they lose...

also from that article is a premise that the left, as a result of years of MSM coverup is infested w numerous offenders, wherein the right as a result of being called out for even the most minuscule of offenses is forced to keep a much tidier house...
In the short term you may be correct, in that there will be a new D appointed, but if what I am reading is correct, there would then be a special election for a "permanent" replacement in 2018... in a state that has elected many republican candidates in the past over various offices (Michelle Bachmann, Tim Pawlenty for example).

I would say that over long term (if Doug Jones were to win) that the Republicans would be more likely to re-gain that Alabama seat, than the Democrats are to continue to win the Minnesota seat.
Don't Killington Pico
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

boston_e wrote:
madhatter wrote:

In the short term you may be correct, in that there will be a new D appointed, but if what I am reading is correct, there would then be a special election for a "permanent" replacement in 2018... in a state that has elected many republican candidates in the past over various offices (Michelle Bachmann, Tim Pawlenty for example).

I would say that over long term (if Doug Jones were to win) that the Republicans would be more likely to re-gain that Alabama seat, than the Democrats are to continue to win the Minnesota seat.
Al Franken denies report he has decided to resign from the Senate

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/al-franken ... he-senate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

never called for frankens resignation myself, can't stand the guy, his politics or his entire persona, but I'm not for resignation via pressure...if he did something illegal then maybe, otherwise it's up to his constituents to decide if they want to be represented by him...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/ ... ill-283768" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The House passed legislation to permit concealed carry license holders to conceal a handgun in other states, the first time Congress has taken action on a gun bill since President Donald Trump was sworn into office.

The "Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act," a top priority for the National Rifle Association and other gun-rights groups, passed 231-198. Six House Democrats crossed the aisle and voted for the measure, while 14 Republicans opposed it.
this is pretty big but I have absolutely no idea how it will play out in the senate...

personally I don't carry, but if I had to pick a side I'd be for reciprocity equivalent to the recognition of a drivers license...

one problem for vermonters is the state does not issue any form of license or permit to carry but simply recognizes the right via statute...I suppose a VT drivers license would indicate you are a resident of vermont and thus have the reciprocal right to carry wherever you may be...I wouldn't wanna have to explain that to a mass statey though...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

and now its official

Senator Al Franken Officially Confirms His Resignation In Senate Speech
Today I am announcing that in the coming weeks I will be resigning as a member of the United States Senate.”
rather ridiculous from what I saw... though I honestly didn't look into the details of allegations made against him it seems the most damning piece of evidence was the "groping" photo which mostly constitutes boorish behavior and poor judgement same as the rest of the allegations...can't stand franken and I guess he is "admitting" to some of the allegations at least in part and I assume doesn't feel he can successfully defend himself against them whether or not they are criminal in nature...

nonetheless the bottom line is no one should be tried and convicted in the court of public opinion...that doesn't mean one can't speak out either for or against something but that any punitive measures should only be carried out after due process...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I never got the "grope" part of the infamous Franken photo. Just how much groping can you do through a bullet proof vest? Obviously laying your hands on, making the implication, AND taking a photo indicate poor judgement, and it's compounded by the slew of other allegations.

I'm thinking that not only does "in the coming weeks" retain Franken's vote on any number of upcoming bills, but it leaves an out if the storm blows over. "I was going to resign, but now it is clear to me that I'm a changed man and I'm needed here in the Senate...."
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:I never got the "grope" part of the infamous Franken photo. Just how much groping can you do through a bullet proof vest? Obviously laying your hands on, making the implication, AND taking a photo indicate poor judgement, and it's compounded by the slew of other allegations.

I'm thinking that not only does "in the coming weeks" retain Franken's vote on any number of upcoming bills, but it leaves an out if the storm blows over. "I was going to resign, but now it is clear to me that I'm a changed man and I'm needed here in the Senate...."
can you blame him? virtue signalling AND potential for self preservation...throw in the "imaginary high ground" attacks on moore and its not a bad deal for the D's...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-0 ... flynn-case" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron ... le/2642930" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

REP. JIM JORDAN: My hunch is it has something to do with the dossier

Did Peter Strzok help produce and present the application to the FISA court to secure a warrant to spy on Americans associated with the Trump campaign?

CHRISTOPHER WRAY, FBI: I'm not prepared to discuss anything about a FISA process in this setting.

JORDAN: We're not talking about what happened in the court, we're talking about what the FBI took to the court. The application. Was Peter Strzok involved in taking that to the court?

WRAY: I'm not going to discuss anything to do with the FISA court applications.

JORDAN: Remember a couple things, director... about the dossier. The Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign --which we now know were one in the same-- paid the law firm, who paid Fusion GPS, who paid Christopher Steele, who then paid Russians to put together a report we call the dossier, filled with all kinds of fake news National Enquirer garbage.

It has been reported that this dossier "was all dressed up" by the FBI, taken to the FISA court where it was painted as a legitimate intelligence document, that it became the basis for granting a warrant to spy on Americans.

I'm wondering if that actually took place, it sure looks like it did. And the easiest way to clear it up is to tell us what was in that application and who took it there.

WRAY: Congressman, our staffs have been having extensive interaction with both committees on our interaction with the FISA court and I think that's the appropriate setting for those questions.

JORDAN: Here's what I think, irector Wray. I think Peter Strzok, head of counterintelligence at the FBI, Peter Strzok, the guy who ran the FBI's Clinton investigation, did all the interviews, Peter Strzok, the guy who was running the Russia investigation at the FBI, Peter Strzok, Mr. Super Agent at the FBI, I think HE is the guy that took the application to the FISA court.

And if this happened, if you have the FBI working with a campaign - the Democrats' campaign - taking opposition research, dress it all up and turning it into an intelligence document to take it to a FISA court so they can spy on another campaign, if that happened, that is as wrong as it gets.

And you know what? You could clear it all up, we sent you a letter two days ago. Just release the application, tell us what was in it. Tell us if I'm wrong. But I don't think I am. I think that is exactly what happened, and if it it did, it's as wrong as it could be and people who did that need to be held accountable.
getting pretty close now...eventually that FISA application will become available...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

dust off yer pussyhats for more of the same old tired ( losing) shtick...
As I stated last night on the No Spin News, the upcoming strategy of the Democratic Party will be to brand itself as the protector of American women. As part of that plan, President Trump will undergo a massive attack stating that he abuses women. He’d better be ready for it.

:zzz
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

and right on cue here's the guy who thinks women fantasize about being raped telling trump he should resign...

:zzz :zzz
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

meanwhile it's being reported that;
Beverly Young Nelson has finally admitted that she forged a portion of the infamous high school yearbook that she and attorney Gloria Allred used as proof of her accusations against U.S. Senate candidate Roy Moore.
And in yet another blow to the credibility of ABC News, the disgraced, left-wing network downplayed the bombshell by presenting this admission of forgery as adding “notes” to the inscription. Worse still, the reporter actually coaches Nelson, puts words in her mouth, downplay the enormous significance of her deceit.
guess that's why moore hasn't succumbed to the left's favorite tactic...doubt trump will either...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

then there's this:

https://www.hermancain.com/so-the-sexua ... taken-down" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which is rather ridiculous...

perhaps pence has the best philosophy...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

and now another crooked lefty at DOJ
According to an exclusive Fox News report, Bruce G. Ohr held two titles at the DOJ before his demotion Wednesday morning which included associate deputy attorney general as well as director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force. As associate deputy attorney general his office was “four doors” down from his boss and allowed Ohr to be directly involved in the Trump-Russia investigation.

Ohr not only met with one of the founders of Fusion GPS shortly after the election, he also met disinformation operative Christopher Steele DURING the 2016 campaign.

That’s right, yet another top government official has been exposed as directly working with anti-Trump operatives in a failed attempt at stopping him from getting elected in the first place.
definitely time for a pussyhat march...
mach es sehr schnell