Vonn Enters the World of Politics

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

throbster
Postaholic

Vonn Enters the World of Politics

Post by throbster »

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/12/0 ... games.html

Stupid move. Her value as an advertising spokeswoman has gone down 50%.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Vonn Enters the World of Politics

Post by madhatter »

throbster wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/12/0 ... games.html

unforced error, would have been best to skirt that question...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

madhatter wrote:

She's also the dumb broad who was banging the douche bag Tiger. I would't do her with your weiner, and that's saying a lot (not meaning your size).

D
u
ff
the
caddy,
out.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

madhatter wrote:

How does she know she'll even race in the Olympics. She could crash again and get injured again. Just another stupid mistake on her part, another dumb distraction. Another thing, she should have to earn her spot on the Olympic team, just like everyone else. If there are other girls finishing races and scoring more points, while Vonn is crashing; the other girls should be on the team. Furthermore, Olympians are not allowed to use the Olympics to make political statements like this-ban her.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Mallet
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Mallet »

I read the article a couple of times....I don't see where she said anything wrong....
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Or does it make her more appealing to those of us who think Trump is an embarrassment to the country?
Don't Killington Pico
Sporte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Sporte »

No doubt. But, when you are trying to eke out a living by monetizing your skiing fame, which is hard enough to do, it might be smarter to not piss off half the country. Trump voters buy underwear too.
teletimg
Beginner On Rentals

Post by teletimg »

Only a little over 34% of voting age people voted for Trump, and I bet quite a few of them are not too happy with him.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Sporte wrote:No doubt. But, when you are trying to eke out a living by monetizing your skiing fame, which is hard enough to do, it might be smarter to not piss off half the country. Trump voters buy underwear too.
it'd be smartest not to piss off anyone...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Is she even going to qualify for the Olympics? She crashes almost every time she races or trains. Totally past her prime and overpaid.
specialp
Green Skidder

Post by specialp »

Actually it is 37% of people that are an aging demographic with lower incomes. Not the most devastating thing to advertisers. And when it comes to the proportion of the world population his popularity is probably much lower. She said the right thing. She wants to represent the USA. And so what she isn't a fan of the President; our athletes are not competing under the banner of the president; they are competing for our country. It is funny how politics has become something where people really don't like if someone expresses a view that is against who they support. It is bad for the country.
Sporte
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Sporte »

It stuns me that you could marginalize people who are old and poor in the same paragraph that you highlight intolerance for other people’s views
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Sporte wrote:It stuns me that you could marginalize people who are old and poor in the same paragraph that you highlight intolerance for other people’s views
you've never heard of the good hate?
mach es sehr schnell

GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

Vonn is young and dumb in certain areas. She should do the Taylor Swift thing and just remain apolitical for maximum marketability. People did not vote for Trump because they love the guy. Politics is MUCH more complicated and these dummies should not drive off their need for a national audience. What a fool.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Sporte wrote:It stuns me that you could marginalize people who are old and poor in the same paragraph that you highlight intolerance for other people’s views
Not marginalizing; knowing your target markets. Merely stating the way advertisers think and which demographic they're looking for during the Olympics. From their point of view, that demo is way less important than many others.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe