2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Mammoth to stay open until 4th of July

Post by 2pink1stink »

I wonder if they'll have enought snow? :lol: :lol:

ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

heard that a basin is scheduled to operate thru mid- summer as well.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
powday
Black Carver

Post by powday »

wow - what a picture. squaw is aiming as well for july 4, and I wouldn't be surprised if alpine and/or kirkwood tried for that date as well......I guess we'll find out
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

powday wrote:wow - what a picture. squaw is aiming as well for july 4, and I wouldn't be surprised if alpine and/or kirkwood tried for that date as well......I guess we'll find out
k-wood closing may 1.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

ozzy wrote:heard that a basin is scheduled to operate thru mid- summer as well.
pfft...colorado is lucky to get a 1/4 of the snow mammoth gets.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

2pink1stink wrote:
agreed well maybe not 1/4 the amount of snow. A basin averages over 400"/ season.
anyway, when i was there tuesday they were talking about running the lenewee lift until august and making snow when they could on chilly nights in july and august. There was talk that some summer camps expressed interest in A basin b/c of the crappy snow at the usuall nort american summer meccas of Hood and Blackcomb.
if so then i would think that A basin could profit from these camps. i guess well wait and see!
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

ozzy wrote:
2pink1stink wrote:
agreed well maybe not 1/4 the amount of snow. A basin averages over 400"/ season.
anyway, when i was there tuesday they were talking about running the lenewee lift until august and making snow when they could on chilly nights in july and august. There was talk that some summer camps expressed interest in A basin b/c of the crappy snow at the usuall nort american summer meccas of Hood and Blackcomb.
if so then i would think that A basin could profit from these camps. i guess well wait and see!
it would be a logistical nightmare for the camps to move to a-basin. earlier in the year i heard they might have to cancel the later sessions in july/august.
2pink1stink
Slalom Racer

Post by 2pink1stink »

just booked my mammoth trizzip. 5/21-5/29. leaving for utah tomorrow a.m. until the 9th. may is shaping up to be ok.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

2pink1stink wrote:just booked my mammoth trizzip. 5/21-5/29. leaving for utah tomorrow a.m. until the 9th. may is shaping up to be ok.
Enjoy!
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
Sir Wanksalot
Green Skidder

Post by Sir Wanksalot »

ozzy wrote:
2pink1stink wrote:
basin avrages about 360-370
closing date is june5 so i am told
Try me free for a week
No long term contracts
No gimmicks
No kidding