kirkwood

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

kirkwood

Post by skiadikt »

sunday (5/1) was their last day. they received over 800" for the season. the really perverse thing is that base depths as of yesterday's report were 166-220". YIKES! there should be a law about closing with so much snow still on the trails.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on May 4th, '05, 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snowsprite wrote:That's insane. If you have a snowmobile are you allowed on that property with it after they close? I mean, do they police it?

Sprite
dunno. probably not w/ a snowmobile but i'm sure you can hike.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

skiadikt wrote:
snowsprite wrote:That's insane. If you have a snowmobile are you allowed on that property with it after they close? I mean, do they police it?

Sprite
There's a few people from TGR that hike it regularly after they close. They have a camp out near an undisclosed lift served BC place around July 4th.

I know skier666 had many TRs during the spring/summer about hiking it himself, doing Saddle areas and Cali chutes.

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
snowsprite
Post Office

Post by snowsprite »

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by snowsprite on May 4th, '05, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
I like wine.
Powdr
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Powdr »

skiadikt wrote:

Sprite
Most Western resorts are on Forrest Service land. There are no laws to keep non-motorized access to the public. Snowmobile access is generally curtailed on FS land by mid April. Resorts on private land generally also allow non-motorized access. Skiing closed resorts is one of the West's great pleasures. Most can be skied for at least a month after closing.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

I got sick of hiking on the way over to DD this weekend, so I just skied Anarchy instead. Lets just say it was um, a little thin.
ImageImageImageImage
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Stormchaser wrote:I got sick of hiking on the way over to DD this weekend, so I just skied Anarchy instead. Lets just say it was um, a little thin.
Hey, someone's trying to make up for my absence 8)

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Stormchaser wrote:I got sick of hiking on the way over to DD this weekend, so I just skied Anarchy instead. Lets just say it was um, a little thin.
As we passed Anarchy yesterday on our way over to DD we took a look and could not believe that you actually went in and did it. How much walking did you have to do?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
As we passed Anarchy yesterday on our way over to DD we took a look and could not believe that you actually went in and did it. How much walking did you have to do?
No walking...just a little waterskiing.
ImageImageImageImage