Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

OT/NSR: Watch Your Head

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Perfect storm, indeed. On Sunday the 1st, Tahitian charger Raimana Van Bastoloer went within an inch of losing his life. He was towed into a solid 12-footer by his ski driver Reef Macintosh, who gunned it but couldn't quite make it over the shoulder and had to bail the PWC -- which was caught in the lip and launched over the falls, as Raimana was pulling in. He barely made it out and the PWC was totally destroyed on the reef.

"I saw a black thing out of the side of my eye, I just ducked my head and then I don't know what happened," said Van Bastoloer in his broken English. "I saw this thing going and I was like, where is the guy driving on it, then I saw Reef trying to come up and we lost the ski but good thing I never lost my friend and myself, so it's ok."

"That was the heaviest thing I've ever seen," said Andy Irons. "My really good friend Reef was actually driving the ski and he jumped off, almost went over the falls and the ski went over Raimana's head, he got barreled by his own ski. It missed his head by about six inches, it was psycho."