Rick's Report

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

KBL Ed wrote:I've only suggested closing mid-week in May for the last 3 years! :x :evil:

that would suck big time for me.

weekends are usually so crowded with die hards, other area season pass holders usually, that bought a day ticket trying to squeak in late season turns. i usually wait until late in the afternoon to ski on the weekends in late spring. figure let them have their fun early then try to ski some bumps. nothing is worse that skiing a line and having someone traverse in front of you! :evil:
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

ozzy wrote:
KBL Ed wrote:I've only suggested closing mid-week in May for the last 3 years! :x :evil:

that would suck big time for me.

weekends are usually so crowded with die hards, other area season pass holders usually, that bought a day ticket trying to squeak in late season turns. i usually wait until late in the afternoon to ski on the weekends in late spring. figure let them have their fun early then try to ski some bumps. nothing is worse that skiing a line and having someone traverse in front of you! :evil:
Ozzy you are spoiled by skiing midweek. I know that if they only opened on the weekends it would be bad for you, the Gs, Shortski, Stormin; however, you guys had it good all season so I think it would be nice to conserve the snow for us weekenders at the end of the season.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Wouldn't be surprised. I've heard through the grapevine that Bretton Woods, knowing that Killington plans to "close" May 15, is fully intending to beat them -- if only by a day or two.

How sad. The mighty K stooping to the kind of thing that it used to mock competitors for doing: staying open weekends only in order to artifically prolong a dying season...
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

JerseyGuy wrote:Wouldn't be surprised. I've heard through the grapevine that Bretton Woods, knowing that Killington plans to "close" May 15, is fully intending to beat them -- if only by a day or two.

How sad. The mighty K stooping to the kind of thing that it used to mock competitors for doing: staying open weekends only in order to artifically prolong a dying season...
I don't care why they are doing it. I am just glad they are considering extending the season by opening weekends only after next weekend. There is too much snow on the mountain to shut down so early. How much snow does Bretton Woods have?
KBL Ed
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by KBL Ed »

tyrolean_skier wrote: How much snow does Bretton Woods have?
I saw something on the local news about it. They had one trail open, with about as much snow as Bear Claw on it.
Es war sehr schoen.
Over ten years... not including RSN or K-Chat. Way too much time wasted.
Smell you later.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

They have three trails open, actually.

http://www.brettonwoods.com/alpineski/i ... edit_id=56
BobR
Bumper

Post by BobR »

I have gone there late season before. There is no pitch, but they do make a ton of snow. Thats 45 min for me, but I still would go to K 1st. I have been saying all season they are fighting to be the last one open. K beat them by 2 days last year I think..
The goal they had was one more week than last year that would be the weeknd of the 15th. All this was on NH chronicle on channel 9
way back in Dec or Jan. Competition is good for us all. :D
skiing is my addiction

anyone want to buy a condo in the southern Whites'?