My daughters first and my last communion

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

KrisSkis
Black Carver

Post by KrisSkis »

skitiger wrote:Also - how old are the first communion kids?

I was May of first grade. Shortly thereafter it became May of second grade. Now some dioceses are stretching it out to fall of third grade.

The same is true of confirmation. Was spring of sixth grade, then it became eighth grade. Now in some places it stretches out to junior year of high school !
My daughter is 7 and in 2nd grade...son will make hie confirmation in fall of 8th grade and he is just completing 6th grade so i have a while to go.
To hell with Utah...send the snow here :-)
KrisSkis
Black Carver

Re: My daughters first and my last communion

Post by KrisSkis »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
KrisSkis wrote:Hey all! While a bunch of you were enjoying the last bits of winter, we were celebrating the little princess' first communion. The r*in held out here on LI and it turned out to be a decent day. Now with the communions all done we will be doing the sons confirmation ina year and half. Does it ever end??? :D Anyway, if anyone is interested, i put a couple pictures up in my album in the gallery of the little sweetie. Happy Mother's Day to all you fantastic Moms out there!!!!
Finally took a look at the pictures. She looks very cute in her communion outfit and I give her a lot of credit for wearing a sleeveless dress on Saturday when I needed a raincoat to keep me warm.
Haha Ty....she didnt want to wear her sweater for any reason...she was so adamant about wearing it even though it was cold and windy outside...after a few pictures outside she finally agreed to put it on...then off it went as soon as we got inside.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

KrisSkis wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Congrats to all you First Communion people! That is the first sign of College and weddings being here before you are ready :shock:
Hey let's us get through these before scaring us with the costs of the other occasions. :evil: :roll:
LOL.....i know what you mean Ty...it was quite a big chunk of change for this little occasion....the only deal i got outta all this was her dress...$59 at Estelles dressy dresses in farmingdale....what a deal!! :lol:
When my kid was in High School we had all these deals were if he did this and that on the Football field AND made Honors I would buy him a Jeep Grand Cherokee>>USED $8,000
The he proceded to get a $15,000.00 scholarship BUT the total cost a year to live on campus was almost$ 30,000.00 so it still cost me 15 big ones!He is presently a freshman.
Did I mention car Insurance? :roll:
Problem is now I have a 16 yr. old daughter who wants THE SAME TREATMENT>> :shock: :lol:
She is turning 16 Friday so for her SWEET 16th Birthday Party my wife rented out a Suite for Fri night at the Local Marriot for 10 of her friends to go to Dinner,the pool,sleep over,Breakfast etc....
I GOTTA KEEP WORKIN O.T> :lol:
Last edited by Atomic1 on May 9th, '05, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Put her up for adoption b4 it's too late!
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
KrisSkis
Black Carver

Post by KrisSkis »

Atomic1 wrote:
KrisSkis wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Congrats to all you First Communion people! That is the first sign of College and weddings being here before you are ready :shock:
Hey let's us get through these before scaring us with the costs of the other occasions. :evil: :roll:
LOL.....i know what you mean Ty...it was quite a big chunk of change for this little occasion....the only deal i got outta all this was her dress...$59 at Estelles dressy dresses in farmingdale....what a deal!! :lol:
When my kid was in High School we had all these deals were if he did this and that on the Football field AND made Honors I would buy him a Jeep Grand Cherokee>>USED $8,000
The he proceded to get a $15,000.00 scholarship BUT the total cost a year to live on campus was almost$ 30,000.00 so it still cost me 15 big ones!He is presently a freshman.
Problem is now I have a 16 yr. old daughter who wants THE SAME TREATMENT>> :shock: :lol:
She is turning 16 Friday so for her SWEET 16th Birthday Party my wife rented out a Suite for Fri night at the Local Marriot for 10 of her friends to go to Dinner,the pool,sleep over,Breakfast etc....
OMG Atomic!!! I hear about teens and how much college costs and i damn near fall off my chair every time. My son is soon to be 12 and i am not looking forward to him driving and college and all that comes with all that. God help us!!!
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

KrisSkis wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
KrisSkis wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
OMG Atomic!!! I hear about teens and how much college costs and i damn near fall off my chair every time. My son is soon to be 12 and i am not looking forward to him driving and college and all that comes with all that. God help us!!!
You guys are too funny...my number 4 is in the eighth grade...oldest is about to get married...been there, done that with the First Communions and the Confirmations, etc. It's all good...all 4 private school k - 12 and no UNH...gotta do whatcha gotta do...number 3 is going to do a semester in Austria...I just keep puttin' one foot in front of the other, Atomic, just like you with the OT! They're all awesome.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

It just blowes me away how every year ,as the kids grow, the time seems to go faster and faster and the kids cost of breathing gets higher and higher :shock: You guy's will see! and don't say we didn't warn ya :lol:
skitiger
Bumper

Post by skitiger »

My oldest is talking serious law school [Yale/Harvard] and still has 2 years left at Cornell. My youngest will be a recruited athlete but might turn the scholarships down to go Ivy League. Like Marie, however, college only costs a little more than private school - same price, just already desensitized :roll:

Cars are almost asexpensive, especially if you want them to drive something safe.