Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Kpdemello wrote:Okay, I think you're stretching the language there, but I still think it's a huge waste of money. I'd be asking questions about the bidding process used to hire this vendor. With the off the shelf technology available out there and the number of hires here, it should not cost this much to recruit 7,500 border patrol agents.
A direct hire solution, especially a bespoke one, typically costs millions. Even off the shelf solutions often cost millions to be fit for use.

The vendor isn't obscure and often tasked with these types of projects, but they're operating under the direction of CBP.

Sounds like CBP will address OIG concerns, but sure there are more questions to be answered.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:Okay, I think
so far you've provided no evidence of that...
You ever even hired anyone before? Worked with a recruiter? Know anything about human resources other than what you read about in Russian blogs? :lol:

I've looked up some info to provide context.
This year, recruiting one Marine cost $6,539.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3072945/t/arm ... A_gX9tKiUk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In fiscal 2005, that cost per recruit was $16,199; in 2004, $15,967. Although he did not have the precise figure for prior years, Smith said that in 2002 and 2001 the cost per recruit was in the $12,000 to $13,000 range.
https://www.stripes.com/news/army-reach ... rs-1.68551" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a bit apples and oranges,yeah no kidding, like apples to moon rocks.... but if the army can recruit people to fight and possibly die overseas for well under 20k per recruit, why does it take $40k per recruit to find border patrol agents?
maybe you should go apply for the job fvckhead...you can pocket the money you save them...

I'm not criticizing or defending the contract, I just pointed out that its being looked at by the OIG and that the contractor has agreed to the IG's terms....

you on the other hand are trying to pin the expenditure on trump personally as if he has anything to do with it in any way shape or form...

your initial whine of the day was that trump should stop wasting money and do his job, then you claimed that he spent 13.6 mil on 2 hires using a headline that you yourself admit was clearly misleading....then you have the gall to blither about russian bots and misleading news etc...yer a fvcking simpleton with zero self awareness...you contradict yourself numerous times daily....you quite often misinterpret data, headlines etc then blather on w snark only to slink away like little pussy and blame yer eye drops for your inability to read and comprehend....your perspective is that of a 5th grader and all of that stems from your predetermined "conclusion in search of evidence to prove it" mentality... you simply aren't capable of critical thought...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

So, MadHatterBot, no experience in human resources I take it?

Are you currently employed? Have you ever even held a real job? :banana: :dis
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:So, MadHatterBot, no experience in human resources I take it?nope never claimed I did...

Are you currently employed? NOPE Have you ever even held a real job? plenty of em, that's how I got to where I don't have to have one anymore...:banana: :dis
enjoy your banana, dopey...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

madhatter wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:Have you ever even held a real job? plenty of em, that's how I got to where I don't have to have one anymore...
Color me impressed. :lol:
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:Okay, I think you're stretching the language there, but I still think it's a huge waste of money. I'd be asking questions about the bidding process used to hire this vendor. With the off the shelf technology available out there and the number of hires here, it should not cost this much to recruit 7,500 border patrol agents.
A direct hire solution, especially a bespoke one, typically costs millions. Even off the shelf solutions often cost millions to be fit for use.
Not to :beat , but what are we talking? $20 mil? $30 mil? Even if you deduct that, it's still nearly 35k per hire. Quite high considering the job we're talking about recruiting for.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Not to :beat , but what are we talking? $20 mil? $30 mil? Even if you deduct that, it's still nearly 35k per hire. Quite high considering the job we're talking about recruiting for.
Agree, but your comment reads differently than 'CBD paid $13M for two hires' :D

Accenture has mastered the art of the deal, CBD not so much.
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

madhatter wrote: do you even do reality...
I guess reality is in the eyes of the beholder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ng-bubble/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

MarieM wrote:
madhatter wrote: do you even do reality...
I guess reality is in the eyes of the beholder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ng-bubble/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and if you think trump is even remotely like hitler in any way yer completely detached from reality...but do blither on...

polls seem about where they've been since he was elected actually...but surely CNN is the bellwether here....

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6179.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6182.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6183.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:polls seem about where they've been since he was elected actually
So the majority disapprove still? :Toast
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Anybody check out the shouting match Trump had with Pelosi and Schumer? Trump said he'd shut down the government if he didn't get his wall :lol:

Really wish one of them would have been like, "Wait, I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?"
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:polls seem about where they've been since he was elected actually
So the majority disapprove still? :Toast
yep, just like on election day...let me know when that matters...

in the face of a 24/7 media assault on him featuring 90+% negative coverage those numbers are actually quite remarkable...equally remarkable was the win in the face of the same coverage and nearly 2 billion dollars spent by his opponent who lost a shoo in election and is still wandering around in the woods barking like a dog, blaming russians and wondering why she isn't ahead by 50 pts...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Kpdemello wrote:Anybody check out the shouting match Trump had with Pelosi and Schumer? Trump said he'd shut down the government if he didn't get his wall :lol:

Really wish one of them would have been like, "Wait, I thought Mexico was going to pay for it?"
keep clinging to that as if its the coup-fourré...IMPEACH!!!!!!

I never really expected mexico to actually pay for it anyway....nor did most people regardless of whether or not he said so...doesn't really matter cuz that wasn't a condition on which my vote hinged...still want a wall built and I still want increased border security BEFORE any immigration policy is discussed...

this childish nitpicking game you play is annoying but otherwise of little actual consequence...

you run around with your peashooter shooting spitballs imagining its a 308...
mach es sehr schnell

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

madhatter wrote:I never really expected mexico to actually pay for it anyway....nor did most people regardless of whether or not he said so.
How do you know most people never expected him to pay for it? These folks shouting back at Trump ... they knew it was just 'for fun'?

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
madhatter wrote:I never really expected mexico to actually pay for it anyway....nor did most people regardless of whether or not he said so.
How do you know most people never expected him to pay for it? These folks shouting back at Trump ... they knew it was just 'for fun'?what are you? five? why do you insist on playing these games as if you've never seen anyone on the campaign trail before?...it's the most childish and ridiculous waste of time...you act as if you're spellchecking...what exactly do you hope to gain by pointing out that trump didn't build a wall that you don't want and that mexico didn't pay for it? where's the win? cuz I'm just seeing it as a waste of time...

I guess you could take a poll and see how many trump voters no longer support him because mexico didn't pay for the wall...there may be some but I'm still gonna go with most people who voted for trump aren't all that concerned...many would also like to see hillary prosecuted but again that it hasn't happened isn't anything that ranks high on my checklist, pretty sure most others have a similar level of concern......

but I suppose yer right I don't actually know...great catch... :roll:
mach es sehr schnell