wednesday 12/19/2018

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

wednesday 12/19/2018

Post by skiadikt »

beautiful day on the hill. diminished winds, warmer temps and the sun smiling down. thought groomers coast to coast skied well. nats like thimble & dream were a bit on the crispy side while old supe and ridge run got filled in nicely by the windblown snow. tomorrow should be a great day of spring skiing, sadly the best for a while.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
rogman
Postinator

Re: wednesday 12/19/2018

Post by rogman »

Day 37: Much warmer today than yesterday, however yesterday's powder was now a bit windblown and not as much fun to ski. On the other hand, the usual places that are sheets when the wind blows (I'm talking about you, Supe, and Panic, and that stretch of Bitter, and East Fall, Cascade, and JHC there's a few more...) all of which were wild ride slides yesterday, were nice and edgeable today. Good day for lazy, I don't have to focus, relax and enjoy, skiing. That all said, we really could use some natural. An inch here, and another there, followed by a freakin' tornado blowing it all in the general direction of Woodstock, doesn't cut it for me. November spoiled me. December? Well, Santa, time to fill my stocking with a foot. But yeah, it was a good day: I skied.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yadda yadda yadda ..
Today was a C-
Thurs may make C+

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Mid/Late Day Report: Although nothing special, I had a great day out there today. Sat out Tuesday so tried to make up for it today with 4+ hours non stop to near the closing bell. A lot of stuff skied the same [groomers] with several of them, that I mostly avoided, being sheets of ice [Cascade for example].

ROTD: Going with Skyeburst again. Lower section in the sun was really good and still a couple small moguls on the left side.

Not overly impressed with Wildfire. Upper section very windblown but OK on left side. Middle section where it crosses the SKye Peak chair was good on the right. Lower was not that good.

Noted that Roundabout was still Open ???

I thought Dream Maker headwall was pretty good, and definitely better than Thimble.

RIght side down Needles Eye very scratchy. Same for Bittersweet cut through. But, Low Road was very good.

Old Supe -> SS was another good run but not so good on Preston's Pitch.

Light very good -> Flume = very scratchy. RIdge Run OK.

Other than that, the other Snowdon nats were all OK, but very firm and noisy [Royal Flush, Conclusion, North Star, and Great Bear.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Actually was in the woods most of the day. Some nice stuff on SR. Also something to play with in the Dark.
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

as mama nature throws a hissy fit today, definitely should count our blessings (snow and otherwise) this season. here's a pic of superstar 12/19 from 3 years ago ...
supe.png
supe.png (424.61 KiB) Viewed 477 times
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

skiadikt wrote:as mama nature throws a hissy fit today, definitely should count our blessings (snow and otherwise) this season. here's a pic of superstar 12/19 from 3 years ago ...
supe.png
Maybe 4 years ago? I don't recall the world cup snow melting out and 3 years ago was the first year.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

daytripper wrote:
skiadikt wrote:as mama nature throws a hissy fit today, definitely should count our blessings (snow and otherwise) this season. here's a pic of superstar 12/19 from 3 years ago ...
supe.png
Maybe 4 years ago? I don't recall the world cup snow melting out and 3 years ago was the first year.
this was 3 years ago 2015 - the year we got 81" of snow for the season. the next season 2016 was the first year of world cup. actually amazing they proceeded with WC after such a disaster of a season.
kalinmarkov95
Beginner On Rentals

Post by kalinmarkov95 »

Yeah it was in 2015-2016, which was the worst season ever in the history of Killington I believe for snowfall...

This year was off to a good start in general but degrading now with this thaw. Seriously, when do we get a snowier November than December? Anyone remember such a thing happening? This year might be a first. Still have to be thankful for the November snow at least.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Dec. 23, 2015 - surprised I made the day trip to ski this; must have been desperate for turns.

The fall season was the best ever. K opened Oct. 19 and we made it all the way until today without a major thaw. If that's the price to pay, I'll take it every season.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Then there's this classic -

Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Daughter and her boyfriend came to ski with me for my birthday.
My first day of the season, caught up to other Zoners at the peak.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Stache wrote:Daughter and her boyfriend came to ski with me for my birthday.
My first day of the season, caught up to other Zoners at the peak.
Another December baby. Happy Birthday Stache!!!