Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

skied today..

Post by pizzamoose »

the snow was awesome at 11:00am..
the weather was beautiful, too..

my boots hurt again today for some reason.. like severe pain again and I don't know why - but I skied my one run and was out of there.

may 13th, 2005: 500 miles of driving roundtrip - 8 hours - 1 ski run.
hell yeah it was worth it.

(if you don't understand why, you never will)

left the beer with skinutdave. hope you guys enjoy it!!
RedRider
Postaholic

Re: skied today..

Post by RedRider »

pizzamoose wrote:my boots hurt again today for some reason..
Friday the 13th??
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Do you use the foot rest when on the chair-lift?I notice if I never use the rest by the day's end my feet have hot spots.
I think the weight of the skis hanging down puts pressure on the wrong places.
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

Atomic1 wrote:Do you use the foot rest when on the chair-lift?I notice if I never use the rest by the day's end my feet have hot spots.
i never use the footrests, because my legs are usually too long to get them up above the bar. however, even if that was the case, it happened on my first run, and not until about halfway down..
rpuck
Black Carver

Post by rpuck »

Atomic1 wrote:Do you use the foot rest when on the chair-lift?I notice if I never use the rest by the day's end my feet have hot spots.

hate to have to say this but superstar quad does not have foot rests.
TacklingSnowmenSteve
Black Carver

Post by TacklingSnowmenSteve »

wow that is dedication...

although i would have done the same if i didn't have this damm job..
It's my duty to please your booty.... ~Shaft
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

rpuck wrote:

hate to have to say this but superstar quad does not have foot rests.
Forgot thats all thats running :oops:
Cityskier
Wanted Poster

Re: skied today..

Post by Cityskier »

pizzamoose wrote:the snow was awesome at 11:00am..
the weather was beautiful, too..

my boots hurt again today for some reason.. like severe pain again and I don't know why - but I skied my one run and was out of there.

may 13th, 2005: 500 miles of driving roundtrip - 8 hours - 1 ski run.
hell yeah it was worth it.

(if you don't understand why, you never will)

left the beer with skinutdave. hope you guys enjoy it!!
Do you unbuckle? I have found if I unbuckle on the first two chair rides I can crank them down all day and be fine. it just takes me two runs to settle in...
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

well, that's what i was doing earlier in the season - not unbuckling, but loosening the buckles.
for some reason it didn't work yesterday.

oh well..
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

the snow is real heavy, and if you are digging into it and not really floating at all then its going to hurt your feet cause there is alot more pressure on them when you turn.
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

in the fall when I'm in better shape, I'm going to go to the pro shoe-fitter that alex goes to and where I bought my running shoes from (forget the store I bought the boots from - I totally got a vibe that he doesn't care.) This guy is good. Really good. Hopefully he'll be able to stretch out the boot a little so that the pain stops - and make me a footbed with arch support (where the pain is). This guy is the best, he's extremely experienced (made over 30,000 footbeds) but more importantly he actually gives a sh*t about his customers - and will jump through hoops for them.

he specializes in running shoes, but does every sort of specialized boot and shoe you can imagine.

he also happens to hold the world record for the fastest crossing of the united states by foot.
his web site is http://www.shoe-fitter.com
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

pizzamoose wrote:in the fall when I'm in better shape, I'm going to go to the pro shoe-fitter that alex goes to and where I bought my running shoes from (forget the store I bought the boots from - I totally got a vibe that he doesn't care.) This guy is good. Really good. Hopefully he'll be able to stretch out the boot a little so that the pain stops - and make me a footbed with arch support (where the pain is). This guy is the best, he's extremely experienced (made over 30,000 footbeds) but more importantly he actually gives a sh*t about his customers - and will jump through hoops for them.

he specializes in running shoes, but does every sort of specialized boot and shoe you can imagine.

he also happens to hold the world record for the fastest crossing of the united states by foot.

I must of just missed you on friday, I recommend ray at the basin.. very good.
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

pizzamoose wrote:in the fall when I'm in better shape, I'm going to go to the pro shoe-fitter that alex goes to and where I bought my running shoes from (forget the store I bought the boots from - I totally got a vibe that he doesn't care.) This guy is good. Really good. Hopefully he'll be able to stretch out the boot a little so that the pain stops - and make me a footbed with arch support (where the pain is). This guy is the best, he's extremely experienced (made over 30,000 footbeds) but more importantly he actually gives a sh*t about his customers - and will jump through hoops for them.

Thats right big guy untill u shead a few dozen lbs that "shoe fitter" ain't gonn'a do sh*t 4 u....
You and I know the reason your boots r killing you, right???
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Bling Skier wrote:

Thats right big guy untill u shead a few dozen lbs that "shoe fitter" ain't gonn'a do sh*t 4 u....
You and I know the reason your boots r killing you, right???
Get on that bike this summer and pedal like a mother f***! then when it gets balls cold again, get one of those trainer things and pedal your ass off inside!
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

Pedro wrote:Get on that bike this summer and pedal like a mother f***!
yes!!
i had my wife drop me off at my job this afternoon with a bike... took me 25 minutes to get home (5½ miles with one bitch of a hill that I ended up having to walk)

30 minutes was my cut-off time more than that and I would be late - so it looks like i'll be one of those tree-huggin' hippies who rides his bike to work every day! woot!