Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Post by rogman »

[Day 92+]It was a day like any other. Sky: blue; wind: light; crowds: minimal. I’d been out a while when I boarded the Skye Peak Express alone. At the last second, she slid forward and dropped into the seat beside me. I lowered the bar and gave her a side long glance: Sultry platinum blonde, 30’s, boarder with that weary been around look. I pulled out my flask, and took a sip.
“I’ll take a hit if you’re offering”, she said expectantly. I wasn’t, but wordlessly handed it to her anyway. She took a long pull, looked at me, and said,
“You looked like a man with better taste in scotch”.
“Business is bad. I get what I can”
She eyed me up and down, took another sip, then finally said, “I want information”, handing it back.
“Maybe”. There was something about this dame that had me on edge. An eager and foolish man might trust her, not me.
“Wildfire?”
“Upper closed, Lower good”.
“OL?”
“Good early, but now scraped off. No.”
I wasn’t buying it. This doll wasn’t here for no trail report. Still, she persisted:
“Superstar? Highline? Skyelark?” in rapid fire staccato.
“Supe, a bit chunky, but good. Highline fast but edgeable”. I stopped when I got to Skyelark, and thought back to that sweet, deep groom that made it easily the run of the day. The edgeable carving. Top to bottom it was superb.
“Skyelark?” she asked again, interrupting my reverie.
“Good”, my deliberately evasive response. What was her game?
“Bubble?” she persisted.
“Aha”, I thought. That’s it. “Running, warm, comfortable,” I answered carefully.
“Hmm,” she pondered, staring off for a bit, then went on, “Th The wizard?” Jackpot. The slight hesitation in her voice gave her away, but I wasn’t about to give up those secrets so easily.
“I don’t know nothin’ about no Wizard. He isn’t home”
She was started to call me on my careless slip, but we were at the top. I raised the bar, and waited, almost too long, as she finally offloaded, turned right, and stopped to fasten her board. I exited left, saw her look up, but skied off, never looking back. This nosy dame was trouble, and I had enough of my own.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Post by skiadikt »

greeted by a surprise inch or so. provided a nice cushion on an otherwise “firm” OL at the open. 2nd run not as good. other than that pretty much a rinse and repeat, groomer day. sun was kinda in and out. enjoyed dropping into skier’s left on preston’s but nothing particularly stood out with the early runs in bear the best. other than double dip, hit virtually all open terrain.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

rogman wrote:[Day 92+]It was a day like any other. Sky: blue; wind: light; crowds: minimal. I’d been out a while when I boarded the Skye Peak Express alone. At the last second, she slid forward and dropped into the seat beside me. I lowered the bar and gave her a side long glance: Sultry platinum blonde, 30’s, boarder with that weary been around look. I pulled out my flask, and took a sip.
“I’ll take a hit if you’re offering”, she said expectantly. I wasn’t, but wordlessly handed it to her anyway. She took a long pull, looked at me, and said,
She eyed me up and down, took another sip, then finally said, “I want information”, handing it back.
“Maybe”. There was something about this dame that had me on edge. An eager and foolish man might trust her, not me.
“Wildfire?”
“Upper closed, Lower good”.
“OL?”
“Good early, but now scraped off. No.”
I wasn’t buying it. This doll wasn’t here for no trail report. Still, she persisted:
“Superstar? Highline? Skyelark?” in rapid fire staccato.
“Supe, a bit chunky, but good. Highline fast but edgeable”. I stopped when I got to Skyelark, and thought back to that sweet, deep groom that made it easily the run of the day. The edgeable carving. Top to bottom it was superb.
“Skyelark?” she asked again, interrupting my reverie.
“Good”, my deliberately evasive response. What was her game?
“Bubble?” she persisted.
“Aha”, I thought. That’s it. “Running, warm, comfortable,” I answered carefully.
“Hmm,” she pondered, staring off for a bit, then went on, “Th The wizard?” Jackpot. The slight hesitation in her voice gave her away, but I wasn’t about to give up those secrets so easily.
“I don’t know nothin’ about no Wizard. He isn’t home”
She was started to call me on my careless slip, but we were at the top. I raised the bar, and waited, almost too long, as she finally offloaded, turned right, and stopped to fasten her board. I exited left, saw her look up, but skied off, never looking back. This nosy dame was trouble, and I had enough of my own.
8) 8)

I only believe every word...
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Bogeman wrote: It was a day like any other. Sky: blue; wind: light; crowds: minimal. I’d been out a while when I boarded the Skye Peak Express alone. At the last second, she slid forward and dropped into the seat beside me. I lowered the bar and gave her a side long glance: Sultry platinum blonde, 30’s, boarder with that weary been around look. I pulled out my flask, and took a sip.
Bogey.jpg
Bogey.jpg (31.3 KiB) Viewed 761 times
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Got to do something about the Superstar people getting first tracks at Bear. No friends on a 1" powder day...
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
RedRider
Postaholic

Post by RedRider »

rogman wrote:she slid forward and dropped into the seat beside me. I lowered the bar and gave her a side long glance: Sultry platinum blonde, 30’s, boarder with that weary been around look
8)
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Afternoon Report: Had a pretty good day out there focusing on Lower Bear and South Ridge.

ROTD: Breakaway. After skiing Lower Pipe Dream I figured Breakaway might be skiable [guessing soft right hand side of bumps, with firm on the left [shady] side]. In the end, at just the right time, darn near perfect corn all the way down. Did have to avoid the far right side of course. Do-over was just as sweet and kinda cool as it looked like no-one had skied it since last week.

Lower Peace Park was very good as well in the afternoon sun. Lower Wildfire OK.

Late day run down Double Dipper was nothing special; pretty fast on the bottom pitch.

Highline OK again in the afternoon sun.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!