Trump Presidency

Anything and Everything political, express your view, but play nice
freeski
Post Office

Re: Trump Presidency

Post by freeski »

We are the biggest and best Arms Dealers, Period.

Can't give WarLords food they sell it for cash or...

What can you do?

CIA stuff is weird...

Why are they fish Be**cons off the cost of Maine Down?
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: We can be innovative and do something the rest of the World hasn’t tried, while maintaining our cutting edge tech/medicine (today we essentially subsidize medicine for countries with universal health).
Yes, and consequently modeling those systems is short-sighted.
Upon what data do you base this conclusion? From what I understand, many innovations in medicine come from countries with universal health care.

See here for further discussion:
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2007/november/ ... _healt.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
MarieM
Post Office

Post by MarieM »

"Someone's going to leak this whole damn speech to the media," Trump tells NRCC in a speech that is being broadcast live by C-SPAN.

At same NRCC dinner, Trump says of wind farms: “They say the noise causes cancer.”

:shock: :oops: :shock:

Not “fake news.” Actual quotes. Like the one last week about not being able to watch TV if the wind isn’t blowing.

Also, his father was born here, not in Germany. (WTF?)

My accountant says we should be happy. ☹️
Last edited by MarieM on Apr 2nd, '19, 21:29, edited 3 times in total.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

MarieM wrote:"Someone's going to leak this whole damn speech to the media," Trump tells NRCC in a speech that is being broadcast live by C-SPAN.

:shock: :oops: :shock:

Yep
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
deadheadskier
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by deadheadskier »

Kpdemello wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote: We can be innovative and do something the rest of the World hasn’t tried, while maintaining our cutting edge tech/medicine (today we essentially subsidize medicine for countries with universal health).
Yes, and consequently modeling those systems is short-sighted.
Upon what data do you base this conclusion? From what I understand, many innovations in medicine come from countries with universal health care.

See here for further discussion:
http://www.pnhp.org/news/2007/november/ ... _healt.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Truth

And I can tell you first hand the technology in critical care cardiac monitoring, anesthesia and radiology are all newer / more advanced in Europe and Asia than they are here. New products in those categories released in the US are typically 2-3 years behind when they are available elsewhere.

Hell GE moved their radiology HQ and innovation center to Beijing years ago and they are by far the biggest player in that space. Drug companies are following.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

Can’t speak to medical devices, but US is #1 when it comes to biopharma innovation.
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Interesting that the ‘massage parlor’ woman that previously owned the place Kraft got arrested ... is planning events at Maralago and one of the participants brought malware to the facility. Can’t make this stuff up.

https://apple.news/AoXXo8yqIRSaCJSo5tqMW_g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Can’t speak to medical devices, but US is #1 when it comes to biopharma innovation.
Two questions. One, again, based on what data? Two, is that necessarily a good thing? There is a notion that in the U.S. our system is more apt to prescribe medications when there might be better alternatives because of the financial incentive.

Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

Oh, and a third question - will universal health care meaningfully detract from the profit motive in biopharma? I mean isn't the goal to develop a patented drug that people need? Even in a universal healthcare system, biopharma will get paid for drugs they produce, no?

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:Can’t speak to medical devices, but US is #1 when it comes to biopharma innovation.
Two questions. One, again, based on what data? Two, is that necessarily a good thing? There is a notion that in the U.S. our system is more apt to prescribe medications when there might be better alternatives because of the financial incentive.

The US accounts for ~45% of global R&D spend. Does this make us more innovative? Maybe not, but it's a priority for us more so than anyone else.

For prescriptions I think they get a bad wrap due to the opioid crisis. Most of the top selling biopharma products address autoimmune diseases or diabetes.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Frankly, none of this healthcare plan speculation has anything to do with brain dead 45.
There is no plan other than " wait til '21 .. and it's gonna be a doozy" :roll:
Kelly Anne's husband is correct .. and it IS a preexisting condition.

For now .. let's get that border closed pronto. We need to keep the base :lol:
Let's find some oranges in the covfefe and keep that 400 pages buried ..

Heaven Help US.
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:Frankly, none of this healthcare plan speculation has anything to do with brain dead 45.
There is no plan other than " wait til '21 .. and it's gonna be a doozy" :roll:
Kelly Anne's husband is correct .. and it IS a preexisting condition.

For now .. let's get that border closed pronto. We need to keep the base :lol:
Let's find some oranges in the covfefe and keep that 400 pages buried ..

Heaven Help US.
brownhole crying like a bitch.... :shock:
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Kpdemello
Tree Psycho

Post by Kpdemello »

XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:

The US accounts for ~45% of global R&D spend. Does this make us more innovative? Maybe not, but it's a priority for us more so than anyone else.

For prescriptions I think they get a bad wrap due to the opioid crisis. Most of the top selling biopharma products address autoimmune diseases or diabetes.
Fair, but did you see article I cited? Apparently a large portion of that R&D is funded by the government already. We could increase that, too.

XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Kpdemello wrote:
XtremeJibber2001 wrote:
Kpdemello wrote:

Fair, but did you see article I cited? Apparently a large portion of that R&D is funded by the government already. We could increase that, too.

The US gov't contributes ~20% of total R&D spend. Increasing this would likely require funding from somewhere else or tax increases. Far and away most R&D comes from spending by US biopharma's.