North Ridge Quad

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Re: North Ridge Quad

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Great Bear Tunnel you mean?
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

KingsFourMan wrote:So what we have for next season is:
- fine/finish grading at the 2018 tunnels
- the new North Star tunnel
- new North Ridge quad chairlift
- possible start of the Killington base lodge
- continued snowmaking improvements

Anything else? That's a pretty good year following a huge 2018.
Killington has not announced anything about replacing the Northridge triple. They just put in an act 250 application. Even if announced it does not mean it's going to happen, don't forget the whole bear mountain announcements a few years ago. Right now any north ridge talk is hearsay.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

daytripper wrote:

Killington has not announced anything about replacing the Northridge triple. They just put in an act 250 application. Even if announced it does not mean it's going to happen, don't forget the whole bear mountain announcements a few years ago. Right now any north ridge talk is hearsay.
Jeff Temple playing some multi-dimensional chess just to mess with Kzone. Leitner-Poma is in on it too. I had no idea this site was so far in their heads.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Act 250 permit approved for the new NRQ, and an exception for construction between May 15 and August 1 has been granted, given that there is no clearing, an inspection has determined the immediate forest is low quality habitat, and various procedures on helicopter operation and blasting need to be followed.

The regulatory burden is very high. High five to JT and crew, they now have their desired construction window.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Somewhere North of 55 million counting last year and tacking on the next two years. Powdr paid 85Million when they bought the place.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Ragged#1
Bumper

Post by Ragged#1 »

North Ridge will be an awesome improvement! But the Ramshead project for the year after is gonna be even better! :mrgreen:
SAVE SOUTHRIDGE!
newpylong1
Poster Child Poster

Post by newpylong1 »

Which RH project would that be?
fdskier56
Blue Chatterbox

Post by fdskier56 »

https://www.killingtontown.com/vertical ... 3_2019.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Discussions with Jeff Temple, Killington Resort, regarding upcoming projects – Jeff Temple started his presentation by reviewing the status of permitted 2018 projects – i) The South Ridge Ski Lift Replacement, Skyeburst Ski Tunnel, Storage Shed addition to the Alpine Training Center, Snowdon Quad Ski Lift Replacement, ski trail installation in the Snowdon area, Ramshead area Swirl Trail Poma Lift Relocation and addition of addition Summer amenities, such as the Wrecktangle were completed. ii) Two of the three tunnels in the Upper Bunny/Upper Chute/Lower Snowdon areas have been completed. The third tunnel is set to be completed this summer. iii) The Highline Ski Trail Race Venue judge’s structure has been approved and is awaiting funding. iv) The Resort is continuing to work on a water source for Pico and hopes to have approvals in place this summer so that construction can begin. v) There are no new mountain bike trails planned but the maintenance crew will be re-working the configuration of some of the older trails to ensure proper erosion controls and trail stability. vi) A pond walk/run course will be completed this spring along with a Mountain Gym on the end of the Grand Hotel to add to the summer amenities.
The following projects are being readied for review and permit application: i) North Ridge Lift Replacement; ii) Re-configuration of Squeeze Play Trail; iii) K1 Lodge Replacement; iv) 3-4 additional Mountain Biking trails are being designed; and v) Pico Trail Enhancements including the continued widening of B-slope and A-slope as well as looking to try and upgrade the pumping station.
Jeff concluded by giving a brief review of some projects that are being reviewed but are not being submitted for permitting, such as partial to full replacement of the Superstar Express Quad, full replacement of the Pico Outpost Double and partial to full replacement of the Ramshead Express Quad with covered carriers and storage facility.
Mistergiff
Black Carver

Post by Mistergiff »

fdskier56 wrote: Jeff concluded by giving a brief review of some projects that are being reviewed but are not being submitted for permitting, such as partial to full replacement of the Superstar Express Quad, full replacement of the Pico Outpost Double and partial to full replacement of the Ramshead Express Quad with covered carriers and storage facility.
Awesome to see Outpost in there. Considering its probably the last fully original Carlevaro & Savio chairlift out there it was only a matter of time. Just happy to see they want to replace it instead of giving it the South Ridge treatment. You've got to imagine the other 3 of the converted Yan quads will be up for major work in the not so distant future too.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Reconfig of Squeezeplay??

Rerouting the streams?

Snowmaking?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ragged#1
Bumper

Post by Ragged#1 »

They're going to be relocating all of the terrain parks to Ramshead, removing the Squeeze play glade to do so. A certain terrain park company will be building a large facility in the Vale lot and the RM4 is getting relocated to where Snowshed Double is. New bubble 6-pack is on the way.
SAVE SOUTHRIDGE!
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Not a bad fantasy actually. I'd take Bear back and give Rams to the park rats.

Would hate to see Squeeze Play go. Best / Easy glades on the hill.

Woodward in the Vale lot would also be a lot better than Woodward anywhere else. ( Building would be hidden ). Butt - the building should be closer to the lodging for camps, etc.

Keep dreaming...............
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Ragged#1 wrote:They're going to be relocating all of the terrain parks to Ramshead, removing the Squeeze play glade to do so. A certain terrain park company will be building a large facility in the Vale lot and the RM4 is getting relocated to where Snowshed Double is. New bubble 6-pack is on the way.
do believe a 6-pack is in the plans. the rfid gate there is a 6. a bubble would be great but ramshead headwinds are pretty fierce.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Ragged#1
Bumper

Post by Ragged#1 »

hillbangin wrote:Not a bad fantasy actually. I'd take Bear back and give Rams to the park rats.

Would hate to see Squeeze Play go. Best / Easy glades on the hill.

Woodward in the Vale lot would also be a lot better than Woodward anywhere else. ( Building would be hidden ). Butt - the building should be closer to the lodging for camps, etc.

Keep dreaming...............
Lol well looking at this past season and the season coming next, it’s not really a pipe dream....

You’ll see soon ;)
SAVE SOUTHRIDGE!
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

They are going to use the removed Rams Head lift for the Interconnect. Bank on it.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters