It's very quiet in here

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Stormchaser wrote:Every time I see this thread entitled, "It's dead in here", I have this eerie feeling that Bubba's mom is watching us... Can we change the title, it's creeping me out.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

You're getting sleepy, sleepy, very sleepy
I am under your control, oh great Shortski...
ImageImageImageImage
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Stormchaser wrote:Every time I see this thread entitled, "It's dead in here", I have this eerie feeling that Bubba's mom is watching us... Can we change the title, it's creeping me out.
Isn't this kind of a rerun?

Admins?

Can we have a ruling here?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:

Admins?

Ah, contrare mon frere....first post wanted a change cuz it was inappropriate, second post wanted a change cuz it was creepy. Besides...my post was funny. :wink:
ImageImageImageImage
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Stormchaser wrote:
Hal U. Dewin wrote:

Admins?

Ah, contrare mon frere....first post wanted a change cuz it was inappropriate, second post wanted a change cuz it was creepy. Besides...my post was funny. :wink:
ahh...thanks for the clarification....hopefully they'll take that into consideration.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

I changed it. Happy now?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Hal U. Dewin wrote:

Admins?

When you asked that it be changed I gave you the option of suggesting an alternative and you came back saying it was all a joke so I didn't change it at that time.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Personally, I think it's been dead in here.

No, it's not creeping me out and you shouldn't worry about things like that. Everyone is doing fine and we even gave Ty exposure to Judaism on Wednesday evening when she stopped by my uncle and aunt's where we're sitting shivah. She got to sit through the short evening prayers that are said under these circumstances, met the rabbi, and learned to read a book from right to left instead of left to right. I think she's going to wear a yarmulke to mass this weekend. :wink:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

Bubba wrote: ... I think she's going to wear a yarmulke to mass this weekend. :wink:
I rode one of those yamaha's once, and only once 8)
jenscats5
Poster Child Poster

Post by jenscats5 »

2knees wrote:to answer ty's question. More or less. We have 34 stores. branded apparel. about 35% of our sales comes from athletic footwear. Lots of team stuff too. sox, yankees, patriots, giants, Uconn. that kinda thing. We have a couple of stores on long island and a couple in jersey but mostly it's Ct and Mass.

Snnnnneeeeaaaaakkkkerr'ss.......... I love sneakers!! Hmmmm -- think I need some new ones.... *runs out to sneaker store*
“A true friend knows your weaknesses but shows you your strengths; feels your fears but fortifies your faith; sees your anxieties but frees your spirit; recognizes your disabilities but emphasizes your possibilities.”
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Bubba wrote:Personally, I think it's been dead in here.

No, it's not creeping me out and you shouldn't worry about things like that. Everyone is doing fine and we even gave Ty exposure to Judaism on Wednesday evening when she stopped by my uncle and aunt's where we're sitting shivah. She got to sit through the short evening prayers that are said under these circumstances, met the rabbi, and learned to read a book from right to left instead of left to right. I think she's going to wear a yarmulke to mass this weekend. :wink:
I found the whole experience interesting even though I could not understand one word when your cousin was saying the prayers in Yiddish (?). However, I don't even wear a veil to church so what makes you think I will wear a yarmulke? :lol:
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

tyrolean_skier wrote:

I found the whole experience interesting even though I could not understand one word when your cousin was saying the prayers in Yiddish (?). However, I don't even wear a veil to church so what makes you think I will wear a yarmulke? :lol:
Ty, I think he was speaking Hebrew and not Yiddish.
2knees
Poster Child Poster

Post by 2knees »

jenscats5 wrote:
2knees wrote:to answer ty's question. More or less. We have 34 stores. branded apparel. about 35% of our sales comes from athletic footwear. Lots of team stuff too. sox, yankees, patriots, giants, Uconn. that kinda thing. We have a couple of stores on long island and a couple in jersey but mostly it's Ct and Mass.

Snnnnneeeeaaaaakkkkerr'ss.......... I love sneakers!! Hmmmm -- think I need some new ones.... *runs out to sneaker store*
that's funny. i would probably get fired if i called them sneakers. Its ATHLETIC FOOTWEAR! strange what some big wigs get all hung up on.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Vinny Vincenzo wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:

That's why I put the (?) afterwards because I was not sure.
Vinny Vincenzo
Wanted Poster

Post by Vinny Vincenzo »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
That's why I put the (?) afterwards because I was not sure.[/quote]

Years ago I used to work at a Kosher camp. Went to prayers every Friday night. At first I was reluctant to go as I told them I was Roman Catholic, but they insisted. It ended up that I enjoyed going very much and found it very spiritially rewarding.