Holy Roller Coasters

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Killington_Lover
Slalom Racer

Post by Killington_Lover »

no, i meant it as Six flags saw Cedar points innovation with them having the highest coaster and fastest.. six flags then makes one just a few feet higher :roll: and a little bit faster :roll: .. i meant it as ironic they used pretty much the EXACT same layout except for the hill.

just like when Cedar Point got millenium force then that place in asia got iron dragon 2000 which was a little bit taller and faster.

i still love cedar point.. :twisted:
Ski It If You Can!..
Pedro
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Pedro »

Mister Moose wrote:
Pedro wrote:
shortski wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:It was on one of the evening magazine shows. The lady announcing took a ride and screamed the whole time. It goes from about 15 mph to 126 in just a few seconds. HOLD ON !
Ski-N-Sail wrote:Max Acceleration: 0 − 128 mph in 3.5 seconds
Pay attention Doc, there will be a test later in the day :lol:
I have gone from 0-128 mph in about one second, but it wasnt in a roller coaster.
That would be 4G's, quite a hit.

Actually it only feels like your taking off from zero, but when you walk out the door its like hitting a brick wall...the thrust from the two jet engines are a nice touch too....

BrockVond
Powderhound

Post by BrockVond »

Killington_Lover wrote:no, i meant it as Six flags saw Cedar points innovation with them having the highest coaster and fastest.. six flags then makes one just a few feet higher :roll: and a little bit faster :roll: .. i meant it as ironic they used pretty much the EXACT same layout except for the hill.
ah ok, definitely agree with that. Cheap of Sixflags to have it built a few feet higher and a bit faster for marketing purposes only. What Intamin AG did at Cedar Ponts really was innovative, gotta agree.