20 miles on the new bike..

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Bling Skier wrote:Wow I feel a Group hug coming on here....
Pizza the rule of thumb with roadies is " You have to log 1,000 miles flat B4 U do Hills"
get ta hammering there big guy.

oh yeah who the heck sold you a bike that is laced with 16 spokes...
Can you say Taco?
Question, what do you see wrong with 16 spokes?
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

a little kid in the shop almost cut off a hand with a display model of those wheels one day hahahah maybe it was the owners son who knows i dont remember

"went for a birthday ride at rockland lake today.. "

Completely zoned that part out, dont know why - sorry i'm wishing you a LATE happy birthday - hope it was great!

BTW, i know you're trying to loose weight, i'm just givving you fuel. And my "Scrawny butts" about 180 - FYI.

LOL and when did i say i could ride 20 miles, any one? I can, but havent in a long time , and you would have to pay me alot... i havent been ridding like that in a LONG time.... I got a license, remember guys :lol:

I prob logged 80 miles a day before i was a junior in HS when i moved... anyways - its all about DH etc, and taking the lifts :twisted:

I'm glad i got such great responses from some of you, and those i've met know me better and ignored it :shock:
Bling Skier
Postinator

Post by Bling Skier »

andyzee wrote:
Pizza the rule of thumb with roadies is " You have to log 1,000 miles flat B4 U do Hills"

Can you say Taco?

Anwser....nothing wrong wirh 16 spoke hubs and rins.
There light in weight super areo...also the bling factor is there....but consder the riders weight....i'll stop there.
Geoff the sound a cat make as it coughs up a hairball.
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

mogulmouse wrote:a little kid in the shop almost cut off a hand with a display model of those wheels one day hahahah maybe it was the owners son who knows i dont remember

"went for a birthday ride at rockland lake today.. "

Completely zoned that part out, dont know why - sorry i'm wishing you a LATE happy birthday - hope it was great!

BTW, i know you're trying to loose weight, i'm just givving you fuel. And my "Scrawny butts" about 180 - FYI.

LOL and when did i say i could ride 20 miles, any one? I can, but havent in a long time , and you would have to pay me alot... i havent been ridding like that in a LONG time.... I got a license, remember guys :lol:

I prob logged 80 miles a day before i was a junior in HS when i moved... anyways - its all about DH etc, and taking the lifts :twisted:

I'm glad i got such great responses from some of you, and those i've met know me better and ignored it :shock:
Hey MM.... this wink's for you. :wink:
andyzee
Level 10K poster

Post by andyzee »

Bling Skier wrote:
andyzee wrote:

Can you say Taco?

Anwser....nothing wrong wirh 16 spoke hubs and rins.
There light in weight super areo...also the bling factor is there....but consder the riders weight....i'll stop there.
Gotcha :wink:
Admins, I respectfully request that you do not delete this post or me, thank you.

Andyzone.com
pizzamoose
Slalom Racer

Post by pizzamoose »

Bling Skier wrote:also the bling factor is there
best comment of the month!
funny stuff paulie..
mogulmouse
Powderhound

Post by mogulmouse »

if you're going for the bling factor you should hook it up with one of those super fancy tight killington mtb shirts.... They would make you look cut.
RJSVermont
Slalom Racer

Post by RJSVermont »

mogulmouse wrote:a little kid in the shop almost cut off a hand with a display model of those wheels one day hahahah maybe it was the owners son who knows i dont remember
That little kid got off pretty easy compared to this guy......There have been many times where a squirrel got off lucky after darting in front of my bike while cruising on some nice singletrack.

There's no doubt in my mind that the 6" rotors on my Kona would easily take a finger from ya.......

Pizza, congrats on the riding so far seems like you're really getting into it. I'm sure that if you keep it up you'll see some nice results by the end of the summer if not sooner.
Some things just can't be bought......