Post Op Doc Appt #1 for ACL

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Re: Post Op Doc Appt #1 for ACL

Post by Mtn Man »

Skibumtress wrote:
Now MtnMan, you didn't state the real reason you were hoping for a scar... what did you tell me on the phone today? Wasn't it something like "Chics dig scars?" :wink:
I thought that was just a given fact that everyone abide's by????

B)

BTW, love the Diet Coke w/Bacon avatar, you gotta send that to SCS.
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Mtn Man wrote:BTW, love the Diet Coke w/Bacon avatar, you gotta send that to SCS.
Will do. I saw it and cracked up. Most of you who know, when I'm not drinking beer, Port or coffee, there's a diet coke in my hand.... and it sort of goes with the Bay1BBQ's..... yummmm.... pork products.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mtn Man wrote:
Skibumtress wrote:
Now MtnMan, you didn't state the real reason you were hoping for a scar... what did you tell me on the phone today? Wasn't it something like "Chics dig scars?" :wink:
I thought that was just a given fact that everyone abide's by????

B)

BTW, love the Diet Coke w/Bacon avatar, you gotta send that to SCS.
Hey B, there is hope. I had several small "holes" in my knee and one rather long opening for the drill, thread, pull and screw (kinky, ain't it). Well the holes are all but gone. The fine line that was a opening is still with me; although, he did open it twice to REMOVE the screw. Maybe it will still show when all is done.

AND, you can always say, "you wanna feel my screw baby?" Hmm, I don't have one anymore, BUT I do have my scar !.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

They shouldn't need to remove the screws, they're biological and should fuse to the bone. The upper one just looks like a nub in the xray, but the other actually looks like a screw. I should have asked for a copy of that xray, I have all of my xrays, MRIs, scope pics, and evals at home except that right now.

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Mtn Man wrote:...PT is trying to sign out a stim handheld for me so I can use it on off days.
B)
They're giving you a vibrator to play with?????
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Bubba wrote:
Mtn Man wrote:...PT is trying to sign out a stim handheld for me so I can use it on off days.
B)
They're giving you a vibrator to play with?????
Not that there's anything wrong with that....

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
subdude
Black Carver

Post by subdude »

Hi mtn-man glad to hear your surgery went well and your on your way to recovery. I had my surgery around 5 weeks ago on 4/13. I had the hamstring graft and an arthriscopy (cleaning of loose mensicus matter)surgery went great. Instead of stitches I had staples I have about a 2" scar to the right below my kneecap where the OS went in a took 2 tendons from my hamstring and fused them to the bones supporting the knee thus creating an ACL he also cleaned out the torn/loose mensicus so I also have the three smaller scars around the knee cap and the small scab 1/2 way up the thigh as kickstand mentioned. Started PT 5 days after surgery still in PT 2 times a week. Didn't use a CPM machine I still do excersizing at home every night followed by Ice Therapy. Had a month off of work and was down to one crutch after 2 weeks and no cruthces after 3 weeks. I had a 30 day PT evaluation last Thurs and i'm ahead of schedule with my ROM currently at 127 degrees I think the PT is going great due to pre-op PT I did for about 5 weeks. I have a custom CTi2 brace on order (thank God for insurance very expensive brace) that I will be using for the next 3-4 months during rehab. The circumference of my left leg quad area is 1 3/4" smaller then my right leg so I still have alot of work to do to build the quad muscle back up hence the 4-6 month rehab time. In reality, it takes a full 12 months to completey heal the ACL. Good Luck.
W.F.O
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Boy are you guys lucky to have this surgery 25 years after mine. In 1978 they had no micro surgery, only blunt knives and nurses with the walk it off attitude.
They made a 10 inch cut in the side of my knee, took muscles from the front and back , then stapled them to the bad area. These staples made me a 4F candidate for the armed services even though they were only there to hold everything together until it healed. (I have the x-rays) Then six weeks in a full leg cast, non-walking. When the cast came off my thigh was half the size it was before. Much PT, then wore a Joe Namath Knee brace for five years, even when skiing. It's good now, and looking forward to a knee replacement some day after the stories that KCowboy has told me about his hip replacement.
Man, are we old or what?
Where is Happy Hour ?
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

RustyK wrote: Man, are we old or what?
Yes, yes you are....

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
Hal U. Dewin
Tree Psycho

Post by Hal U. Dewin »

Mtn Man wrote:They shouldn't need to remove the screws, they're biological and should fuse to the bone. The upper one just looks like a nub in the xray, but the other actually looks like a screw. I should have asked for a copy of that xray, I have all of my xrays, MRIs, scope pics, and evals at home except that right now.

B)
biological screws? are they manufactured in Virginia?

lmao @ me
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

Strange day at PT today. Had a pretty productive week with all the exercises and cold therapy. Was getting 70deg on the CPM on a regular basis the last two days. Even walking around on one crutch with the immobilizer on. So I go to PT this morning, thinking that I've got to get 90-100deg on flex. Well, after much stretching, exercising, and finally pain and cursing, he only got it to 82deg....2deg better than last Wed. Wasn't happy with that outcome. Plus side is that I got to 5deg extension, better than the 11deg from Wed.

More CPM today, but my leg is hurtin' from PT, felt like he was going to rip my knee off :shock:

PT guy says you have your good days and bad days. So we'll see how I do on Thursday.

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Mtn Man wrote: PT guy says you have your good days and bad days. So we'll see how I do on Thursday.

B)

I bet if you spill some port in it, you may flex 90 deg.
Use it like a balm.
Port Linament, it's in your grocers today!
Where is Happy Hour ?
Mtn Man
Guru Poster

Post by Mtn Man »

RustyK wrote:
Mtn Man wrote: PT guy says you have your good days and bad days. So we'll see how I do on Thursday.

B)

Use it like a balm.
Hehe, my sister just gave me a Stout made with port in it. Can't wait to try it out!

B)
Mmmmmm, sidecountry....
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Mtn Man wrote:
RustyK wrote:

B)

Use it like a balm.
Hehe, my sister just gave me a Stout made with port in it. Can't wait to try it out!

B)

mmmmnnn, port stout with perks. Nice dinner!
Where is Happy Hour ?
Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

Gotta agree with Rusty here.... went through back surgery in the early 80's. Actually "experimental surgery" (they stopped doing this particular process because of the total absorption of the disc that happened over the years. L4 and L5 have nada between them and the disc between L5 and L6 is almost gone 'cause of over compensation). If they had the back micro surgery they had now I wouldn't have to have these new little cushion thingies they put in now and I wouldn't have a totally paralized nerve in my leg. :?